Custom Title
    In the article on icenetwork Max revealed the following:

SP: Footloose (with lyrics) by Mark Pillay

LP: Gladiator (with some movie dialogue) by Pasquale Camerlengo

Now I'm impatient to see the costume!

Both pieces of music sound just perfect for Max! Can't wait

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    @SkaterRater
    @MaxTAaron Fantastic Short Program skate at Colorado Champs!!! Love the Footloose program! Great energy and elements!
    12:19 PM - 1 Aug 2014
    https://twitter.com/SkaterRater/stat...87827106914304

ETA:

Tom Zakrajsek ‏@CoachTomZ
    Congrats to @MaxTAaron and @becky_coach for personal best SP of 83.77. Good start!
    6:27 AM - 2 Aug 2014
    https://twitter.com/CoachTomZ/status/495561613785563137
    (Tom Z is not with Max at the Colorado Championships. TZ is in California ... presumably at Glacier Falls.)

A glimpse of Max's speed training that @coachtomz posted on Jul 25:
    World class training: 2013 US Champion and twice USA World Team member Max Aaron finishes his laps at the end of the session in the power chute. He feels the need...the need for speed!
    http://instagram.com/p/q4zRV6DY6_/ (video)

A bit regarding Max's work on the quad loop:
    As of the end of May, @mkblades' self-promotional comments on Instagram cited a rumor that Max "is now landing quad loops" (as a "result" of switching to a certain type of its blades).
    http://instagram.com/p/orGR81FyIX/ (May 31)

(Cross-posting all of the above from the Max thread in The Edge.)

ETA, off-ice photo of Max at the Colorado Championships:

Comparing Triple Lutz Technique – Lutz Analysis (Trevor Laak)
    Trevor Laak provides a computer analysis of 3 different triple lutz jumps. The skaters performing the jumps are Ryan Bradley, Brandon Mroz, and Max Aaron who were on a practice session at the 2013 Grassroots to Champions Supercamp in July/August of 2013.
    http://icoachskating.com/comparing-t...s-trevor-laak/

The total length of the video is 15:50.
    Analysis of Max's lutz begins at approx 4:45. Reprise of his lutz (incl. slo-mo) begins at approx 15:15.

Thx to SkateFiguring for the alert that for a limited time, this video and others are available at no cost.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    ^thank you Golden411 and Skatefiguring

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Comparing Triple Lutz Technique – Lutz Analysis (Trevor Laak)
    Trevor Laak provides a computer analysis of 3 different triple lutz jumps. The skaters performing the jumps are Ryan Bradley, Brandon Mroz, and Max Aaron who were on a practice session at the 2013 Grassroots to Champions Supercamp in July/August of 2013.
    http://icoachskating.com/comparing-t...s-trevor-laak/

The total length of the video is 15:50.
    Analysis of Max's lutz begins at approx 4:45. Reprise of his lutz (incl. slo-mo) begins at approx 15:15.

Thx to SkateFiguring for the alert that for a limited time, this video and others are available at no cost.
    This was FASCINATING. I have a super-analytical brain when it comes to this stuff and the Lutz has been a real problem for me, but that moment when he froze Max right at the point of the toe going in - and he was totally square - just completely flicked a switch for me. Seeing those freeze-frames makes me realise what I need to do and feel.

Aside: He speaks about Max's lower body air position not being as tight as it could be. I wonder if that might also be partly because of the size of his thighs? Larger thighs would create the bigger gap between his shins/calves. Whereas you look at some of the other US men, they have slimmer thighs (though still muscular, I am sure!) and achieve that tighter, cleaner look.

Good thing about figure skating: it welcomes all body types.

EDITED to add: Interesting that Brandon shows a little bit of that twisted/tilted body air position that gives me the heebie jeebies so much. I wonder where it comes from?

maxtaaron
    #ALSicebucketchallenge accepted and I will donate! Thank you for all the nominations! Make sure to donate! I nominate @EvanLysacek @UrijahFaber and @KingJames !! Lego Boys!
    http://instagram.com/p/rvgq1XI2NS/ (Aug 15 video)

ETA, YouTube version from Skate Today:

Max Aaron and Mirai Nagasu helped Tom Z formally take on the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge :

Custom Title
    Gonna give Tom Z a round of applause for effort on that one. Also, A+ use of Zamboni.

. . . so any trace of his Footloose short yet?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by StitchMonkey View Post
    . . . so any trace of his Footloose short yet?
    Nope. :(

In honor of this year's Champs Camp, which started today, a throwback video about last year's Champs Camp that includes b-roll of Max on the ice:

Champs Camp: Where Olympic champions are made
    Champs Camp is an annual conference attended by U.S. Figure Skating athletes in order to prepare them for the upcoming season. (2:58 in length)
    (This video is new to me, although USA Today posted it in Feb 2014 as a Sochi-related story. The video originally is from KUSA.)

(BTW, bittersweet to see a lot of Zawadzki footage in this piece. )

Custom Title
    Thanks for the video, golden411!

I actually spent a lot of time arguing with the guy they were interviewing. He was trying to make out like Champs Camp is always right and the skaters are wrong for arguing against what the officials say. But if Jason had listened to the officials at all, we would not have seen a cult ponytail, nor would we have seen the splendour that was Riverdance.

And for goodness' sake, they're talking hair, and no-one told Max the mop top was not a good look?

Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Thanks for the video, golden411!

I actually spent a lot of time arguing with the guy they were interviewing. He was trying to make out like Champs Camp is always right and the skaters are wrong for arguing against what the officials say. But if Jason had listened to the officials at all, we would not have seen a cult ponytail, nor would we have seen the splendour that was Riverdance.

And for goodness' sake, they're talking hair, and no-one told Max the mop top was not a good look?
    I like max's hair. . . can I see an example of this mop top you speak of?

. . . I was somewhat wondering if the hair cut line was a Jason dig. . . I find it so odd anyone even cares. He keeps it tidy for competition, seem there should be little to care about beyond that.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by StitchMonkey View Post
    I like max's hair. . . can I see an example of this mop top you speak of?

. . . I was somewhat wondering if the hair cut line was a Jason dig. . . I find it so odd anyone even cares. He keeps it tidy for competition, seem there should be little to care about beyond that.
    I think they referenced Jeremy's mohawk in when talking about the hair, which actually was not bad at all, but for me there was a little inference that perhaps Jason's ponytail was on the chopping block by the officials.

As to an example of Max's awful mop-top, just look at any picture of him between last Champs Camp and this one. The short sides, but the long curls on top - it looked awful. IMO. It made his hair look really greasy and unwashed. I much preferred his haircut circa his National title.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast