Max Aaron | Page 52 | Golden Skate

Max Aaron

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
2019 4CCs? Which of the Trio (Max, Joshua, Jason) would still be competing then? Would they be done after the 2018 season? But then again, Jeremy Abbott was 24 when he competed in Vancouver and 28 in Sochi.

Well, granted, Max would be 27, and he does not seem like the type to hang around just for the sake of hanging around. But my heart breaks to think of it so I won't. But Jason and Joshua will only be 24, and that's still plenty young enough for another go-around.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
You know, tonight I am watching the video of Historia un Amor from 2014 Nationals. And - this is the Max I fell in love with, this is the Max I miss most. That cheeky grin as he skates, the playing with the crowd during the footwork - if we could get this season's more refined, controlled Max into this program, oh, it would be-!

And yet, puzzingly, this program is considered the worst of his shorts after Footloose, and he got a lot of flack for it, and the judges didn't go with it. But why?

musicfan80

Medalist
You know, tonight I am watching the video of Historia un Amor from 2014 Nationals. And - this is the Max I fell in love with, this is the Max I miss most. That cheeky grin as he skates, the playing with the crowd during the footwork - if we could get this season's more refined, controlled Max into this program, oh, it would be-!

And yet, puzzingly, this program is considered the worst of his shorts after Footloose, and he got a lot of flack for it, and the judges didn't go with it. But why?

Just checked the scoring at 2014 Nationals - Max was 4th after Jason by less than a point. I would have had Max 3rd after the SP. The men's competition that year was too strange for me. Too much odd scoring - and then there was the FS.

I wished that Nationals in figure skating didn't have inflation scoring, I think that is terrible - especially when you are trying to select the best team for Worlds/4CCs/Olympics. The scoring should try to reflect what will happen in international competition. In gymnastics, the judging is pretty much the same - and the truthfulness in how they do reductions is one of the reasons why the U.S. women's team is heads above everyone else right now.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Cool perk at last night's Showtime on Ice:

Max A and Maddie got to hold the Vince Lombardi Trophy :cool:. Max S and Mirai posed with it as well.

Max A: https://www.instagram.com/p/BEiPz-Nr-_Q/

ETA, mini-video with trophy + Max and others taking group bow
https://www.instagram.com/p/BEiFcuHB98r/

Maddie: https://www.instagram.com/p/BEjHqAIE0E3/

Maddie + Max S + Mirai: https://www.instagram.com/p/BEjJlcGhwKV/

Couple of more photos of Max A: https://www.facebook.com/ShowtimeOnIce/posts/990931574330396

ETA, Mirai wearing a Broncos 1998 Super Bowl ring: https://twitter.com/mirai_nagasu/status/723379189307469824 (Apr 21)​

I knew that the Denver Broncos are the reigning Super Bowl champs, and that the team owners are big patrons of the ice show.
But I was clueless re the significance of #58/Miller on Max's jersey. Found out that the number belongs to Super Bowl 50 MVP Von Miller:

ETA (unrelated to the Broncos):

Fun post-show photo of Max on ice, quasi-partnering his friend Adeline Gray (Team USA wrestler):

Someone tweeted a reference to Max A skating pairs last night ... hope we eventually see some photos :).

Meanwhile, a throwback to last year's show, with Max A in top hat performing a lift:

Last edited:

musicfan80

Medalist

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Why, it is obvious! SnuggleBat is looking for someone else to snuggle and to lift! He is showing Yuzuru where they will go when they do the lift, and then Yuzuru is overcome with giggling in awe of Max's strength and Max tells him that he has lifted many times before. ;)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Stumbled across this on Twitter. Further proof that our good guy is a really good guy.

I have such new-found respect for @MaxTAaron who sat w/ a visibly distraught young lady during FOFS bfast until she calmed down. #GoodGuy

Not the first time I've read a story of Max looking after someone who was in distress.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
SnuggleBat fans, assemble!

It is the off-season! Therefore, it is time to speculate! What will our SnuggleBat skate to next season? Thoughts? Theories? Wild guesses?

There was something I read - or heard - before Worlds that seemed to be a hint that he was going to go for the Nutcracker next season. I'm guessing it would be an FS. That leaves the SP - what do we think? Something like Nessun Dorma? Or perhaps a different path? I'd still love to see him go back down that Latin route. ;)

Tavi...

Record Breaker

It is the off-season! Therefore, it is time to speculate! What will our SnuggleBat skate to next season? Thoughts? Theories? Wild guesses?

There was something I read - or heard - before Worlds that seemed to be a hint that he was going to go for the Nutcracker next season. I'm guessing it would be an FS. That leaves the SP - what do we think? Something like Nessun Dorma? Or perhaps a different path? I'd still love to see him go back down that Latin route. ;)

I loved his exhibition at Skate America - I thought it really brought out something great in him, showed his musicality and ability to move. So I would love to see a competitive program in that vein - maybe to Santana, or something a bit jazzy.

musicfan80

Medalist

If Max is going to stick with classical music, how about something romantic but has a comedic in tone? Could he do Don Quixote, Don Giovanni, or Marriage of Figaro - or is that something that is more for a skater like Javier Fernandez to pull off?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
http://fav.me/da0vbdx
Quick Sketch. :)
Max has lovely features. A nice straight nose, wonderful eyebrows, soulful eyes and great hair. Good bone structure, fun to draw.

Really nice sketch, you really captured his spirit of fun!

Not sure which I like more: the sketch of handsome Max :) ... or your word-picture of what about him strikes you an artist :cool:.

Thx for sharing both :bow:, Specs. And for recognizing Max as "Eyebrows Champion of the World" :luv17: :dance2:.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thanks! I love seeing a strong set of eyebrows. :biggrin:

:agree: Then I think this Max photo from Worlds will be up your alley. #intense :cool:

On a completely different note, a fun photo of Max at a charity gala on Saturday night.

I had never heard of Wish of a Lifetime, which sounds like a great cause. Founded by Jeremy Bloom to grant wishes to older generations.

For posterity, the link to the video of Charlie and Meryl interviewing Max after his FS at Worlds.

For some reason, it makes me think of the comedic :laugh: ShibsSibs video from 2013 Champs Camp, when the Trump-like character played by mild-mannered Charlie was berating :ddevil: the character played by Max.
Enjoyed the contrast of seeing real-life Charlie singing the praises :hap36: of real-life Max.

Skatefan15

On the Ice
Really hoping that Max gets assigned to Skate America. But based on formula they seem to use, I don't think it's likely. But here's hoping!!🙏🏼