Max Aaron | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Max Aaron

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I would like to see him keep the Gladiator program. I think another season's marinating and it will be even more wonderful. Though he did mention in his Social Scene that he already knows what he wants to skate to next year. I don't know if I should be excited or terrified given the general tone of that interview :laugh:

Also, Max's "death" is now just my general go-to reaction picture/gif.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I would like to see him keep the Gladiator program. I think another season's marinating and it will be even more wonderful. Though he did mention in his Social Scene that he already knows what he wants to skate to next year. I don't know if I should be excited or terrified given the general tone of that interview :laugh:

Also, Max's "death" is now just my general go-to reaction picture/gif.

That would be such a big risk considering US nationals judges bad reviews of it. He would have to debut a much different version. Maybe drop VoiceOver. Recut music. New choreo. Or maybe he'd become so good at it he would also get 90 pcs.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Go away. Take your negativity somewhere else.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Good fight, Gladiator. Good fight. Some days the arena is a cruel place to be.

And I love that he hugged Jason first, that he hugged them all on the podium. Such a sportsman.

Also, his "death" was the best in-character moment of the night. (Even if it did make me nervous for a minute.)

Max always is so inspiring and gracious :bow::

maxtaaron
A picture can tell a thousand stories.
I was thrilled to step out on to the ice with some of greatest skaters in our country. To lay it all out there under the lights and have no regrets whatsoever. A moment where you could feel time stop.
I know it wasn't a perfect performance but I gave it my all. An unbelievable level of competition was evident that night and I was honored to be a part of it. Congrats to all the men that competed this past weekend and to all who support these amazing athletes. Keep believing and never give up.

http://instagram.com/p/yYivLnI2P2/ (Jan 27)​

:agree: Loved that Max was the very first competitor to give Jason a big congratulatory hug. :)
Reminded me of Ross being the first to give Max a celebratory hug in 2013. :)
The mutual support and respect among the U.S. men are some of my favorite parts of the sport.

@MKBlades
This week we’re celebrating our favourite moments from #NC2015! Here’s our first, from the wonderful Max Aaron! http://fb.me/3vwT7nJ2Q
6:35 AM - 28 Jan 2015
https://twitter.com/MKBlades/status/560446134020493312 (Vine attached)​

Photo of Max slapping hands with the audience at the gala:

From this news-record.com photo gallery (with other Max photos interspersed)

Max links from other threads:

NBC has video of Max's FS on its site:

Post FS-interview - Aaron 01/25/15 | 00:01:07
John Coughlin interviews Max Aaron in the Athlete's Lounge from the 2015 U.S. Figure Skating Championships
http://web.icenetwork.com/video/topic/107252208/v37176415 (incl. Max's brief mention that he was sick all wk in Greensboro)​

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Max always is so inspiring and gracious :bow::

maxtaaron
A picture can tell a thousand stories.
I was thrilled to step out on to the ice with some of greatest skaters in our country. To lay it all out there under the lights and have no regrets whatsoever. A moment where you could feel time stop.
I know it wasn't a perfect performance but I gave it my all. An unbelievable level of competition was evident that night and I was honored to be a part of it. Congrats to all the men that competed this past weekend and to all who support these amazing athletes. Keep believing and never give up.

http://instagram.com/p/yYivLnI2P2/ (Jan 27)​

:cry: this was so beautiful. So proud of our Gladiator!

Post FS-interview - Aaron 01/25/15 | 00:01:07
John Coughlin interviews Max Aaron in the Athlete's Lounge from the 2015 U.S. Figure Skating Championships
http://web.icenetwork.com/video/topic/107252208/v37176415 (incl. Max's brief mention that he was sick all wk in Greensboro)​
[/INDENT]

I'm still stunned that he was sick all week and managed to lay down that amazing LP :cry:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hey Max, if you're reading this, I've got a suggestion for you.

Do your Short Program next year to Tusk by Fleetwood Mac.

If it has been done before, I don't remember it. Classic rock with a vaguely tribal feel, lyrics but not too much, percussion driving the entire song, an amazing drum solo tailor-made for footwork, increasing in urgency after the drum solo with the addition of horns and additional drums from the USC Marching Band... it will suit you.

This can be a signature piece. Use the 1979 version... although the reunion tour version circa 2009 has a longer drum solo you may need to cut in.

You can go wild with this... the fans certainly will... so don't get a ballerina to choreograph it and suck the vibrancy out of it and you.

Edit... on second thought, other than the vocals, I think I may actually prefer the reunion tour version for a potential skating program for you.

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Happy birthday to our Gladiator! Max is 23 today! (Or tomorrow, depending on where you live, but it's the 25th here.)

It's 25th here, too! Happy Birthday, Max! :hb::hb: Mr deedee ;) also sends you best wishes on this happy day! :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Adding my Happy Birthday :hb: wishes to those from karne + Mrs. and Mr. deedee :yay:.

Very cool :cool: for Max to have support from admirers all over the world :bow: :yes:.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Forget the quad axel for a moment ;) .... sorry to be shallow and superficial :laugh:, but the birthday boy is surprising us :shocked: again this week:

(I like the new look, but I think I will miss the other way :cry: at the same time.)

But the important thing is that Max supported the Make-A-Wish cause tonight. :bow:

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Forget the quad axel for a moment .... sorry to be shallow and superficial :laugh:, but the birthday boy is surprising us :shocked: again this week:

(I like the new look, but I think I will miss the other way :cry: at the same time.)

But the important thing is that Max supported the Make-A-Wish cause tonight.

He was a celebrity waiter. I'd like to eat at that restaurant if he was my waiter. :eek::

Especially with that new hair. karne likes very very much. :love:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:think: Inquiring minds wonder whether this tweet could be reliable. Whaddya think, karne?

Very interesting. I wanted a classic rock and roll long, but I have to admit I am intrigued.

Still crossing fingers for Fleetwood Mac short program.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Well my first thought was, it worked for Ashley Wagner.

My second thought was how happy I am that he seems to be sticking around.

My third was how much I respect him for starting at it so soon. Good for him.

As for the choice, I have said before, with Max I just want to see him enjoy it. He can skate to the HampsterDance Music if he smiles while he does it and has fun.