Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 246

Thread: Max Aaron

  1. #61
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,872
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Correction :

    Good luck to Max AND Jason!

    Jason Brown ‏@jasonbskates
    Chillin on the airplane with @MaxTAaron...Just arrived in Detroit! The GP season is really beginning! Ahhh #SA2013 pic.twitter.com/byZOYs33Ly
    7:16 PM - 16 Oct 13
    https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/sta...62469200662529
    Okay there needed to be a warning for the level of cute in that photo.

    My dream podium for SkAm: Max, Artur and Jason. Oh that would be nice.

  2. #62
    Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,142
    Instagram still photo from usfigureskating this morning at Skate America practice:
    Max Aaron mid-quad Sal during practice. #SA2013
    http://instagram.com/p/fnPp7qm30w/ (Oct 18)

    Another mid-jump photo:

    The height of the jump(s) looks great.

    And @michlmint has been tweeting many more pics (of all men) from Friday practice. Two additional examples of Max:

    ETA:

    Still photo of Max being interviewed by @taralipinski, whose caption is:
    Game day! Good Luck @maxtaaron
    http://instagram.com/p/fnkM8ssomX/ (posted Oct 18)

    Lipinski's behind-the-scenes video for the local NBC station, including a very brief shot of Max in the warm-up area:

  3. #63
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    127
    This is a great thread...thanks for all the awesome information, pix and links!

  4. #64
    Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,142
    @ZachTDonohue
    Starting off a great day the right way. Bfast with @MaiaShibutani & @MaxTAaron
    7:04 AM - 19 Oct 13
    https://twitter.com/ZachTDonohue/sta...65483264475136

    The right way indeed. Wishing a really great day to three of USA's most congenial skaters.
    I recall a past reference from Hubbell that Max is one of H/D's "besties," and I hope that Skate America is a good opportunity for Max to enjoy face time with old friends, as well as to compete.

    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    This is a great thread...thanks for all the awesome information, pix and links!
    dardar, I have to compliment you over here at GS, because I am not a member of FSU (although I am a visitor). I have seen that your support for Max there and on social media is off the charts. As we know from his shout-out to you on Twitter, such outstanding loyalty is gratifying to him during the ups and downs of training and competition.
    Keeping the faith -- along with you, I'm sure -- that Max is absolutely capable of coming back strong tonight with a clean free skate. It ain't over 'til it's over.

  5. #65
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    dardar, I have to compliment you over here at GS, because I am not a member of FSU (although I am a visitor). I have seen that your support for Max there and on social media is off the charts. As we know from his shout-out to you on Twitter, such outstanding loyalty is gratifying to him during the ups and downs of training and competition.

    Keeping the faith -- along with you, I'm sure -- that Max is absolutely capable of coming back strong tonight with a clean free skate. It ain't over 'til it's over.

    Thank you!

    Max has proven time and time again that he can take the hits and misses, and come back stronger than ever! Each obstacle is just a learning experience...face it, learn from it, and live to fight another day.

    He's not used to coming into a competition as a front-runner or favorite; there's a lot more pressure now. But he's young, and he'll grow stronger with each new day.

  6. #66
    Custom Title SaraM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    468
    Okay whats the british commentators saying her at 5:04?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x69xOxAJQr8 That hes been geting a lot of mail from different people? she means by that?

  7. #67
    Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,142
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraM View Post
    Okay whats the british commentators saying her at 5:04?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x69xOxAJQr8 That hes been geting a lot of mail from different people? she means by that?
    I too am curious what the bkgd and context for this commentary were.
    The only thing that comes to my mind is Max's interview with TSL, but it took place several months ago, so it seems very possible/likely that the commentary was referring to something else more recent.

    (During the TSL interview, Max happily discussed his choice of Carmen for his FS. Although he was well aware of naysayers who -- via e-mail, social media, etc. -- expressed their criticism that Carmen was a big mistake for him, Max cheerfully explained why he feels good about his program -- including the specific music cuts from Carmen, Lori Nichol's choreo, etc.)

    In any case, thx to SaraM for a good excuse to watch Max's FS again.

  8. #68
    Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,142
    @USFigureSkating
    .@MaxTAaron will be featured on premiere episode of @universalsports Countdown to Sochi. Preview of tonight's show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy_gHzPxtqU
    7:12 AM - 30 Oct 13
    https://twitter.com/USFigureSkating/...53802532577280

    Note: the preview video at the YouTube link does not focus on Aaron. It's a montage of a lot of winter athletes.

    Air time is 8 pm ET.

    As mentioned elsewhere, a version of the studio interview video (with Jenny Cavnar) already lives on the Universal Sports site.

    I hope that Nick Gismondi's field piece with Max in training mode also will air and get posted online. (The one shown in the arena at Skate America, per the webmaster for Max's public Facebook page.)

  9. #69
    Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,142
    (Belated) Happy 19th Birthday to @maddieaaron25.

  10. #70
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    19
    I went to the Broadmoor skating rink on Friday and watched Max practice- it was great! After he was done, I actually got enough courage to speak to him and had my picture taken with him. He was so nice and friendly, even though I was a nervous wreck and he probably thought I was a weird fan lady. He was genuinely pleased when I told him that I liked his interview on Universal Sports. Not only is he a fantastic skater but a very nice person, also. His parents certainly raised him right!

    I've been a skating fan for decades, attended 4 World Championships, 2 Nationals, a Grand Prix final and numerous smaller events and Max is certainly one of the nicest skaters that I've talked to. Go for Gold in Sochi!

  11. #71
    Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Marisha92 View Post
    I went to the Broadmoor skating rink on Friday and watched Max practice- it was great! After he was done, I actually got enough courage to speak to him and had my picture taken with him. He was so nice and friendly, even though I was a nervous wreck and he probably thought I was a weird fan lady. He was genuinely pleased when I told him that I liked his interview on Universal Sports. Not only is he a fantastic skater but a very nice person, also. His parents certainly raised him right!

    I've been a skating fan for decades, attended 4 World Championships, 2 Nationals, a Grand Prix final and numerous smaller events and Max is certainly one of the nicest skaters that I've talked to. Go for Gold in Sochi!
    Marisha, I think Max would be tickled and honored to know also that after your extensive history with skating, it was meeting him that prompted your very first post on GoldenSkate. You must tell him next time. (I really hope that he and you will have a next time.)

    Enjoyed reading your confirmation that Max is as nice in person as he seems from afar. Many thanks for sharing your observations.
    I have admired Max as much for his sweetness as a human being as for his toughness as a competitor, and I often have the same thought that his parents clearly brought him up right.
    One of my favorite anecdotes was a comment (maybe on reddit?) from the appreciative mother or friend of a skater at a rink where a still-little-known Max was competing in a smaller event. The young girl was outside crying about something (the comment did not specify what), and Max took it upon himself to go over to see whether he could offer any comfort. Gotta love a guy who demonstrates that kind of exceptional concern for others.

  12. #72
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    16,174
    Welcome to posting at. Golden Skate, Marisha!

  13. #73
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    16,174
    Welcome to Golden Skate, Marisha92!

  14. #74
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Welcome to Golden Skate, Marisha92!
    Thank you! I hope to post more observations from the Broadmoor skating rink, since I live so close now. The last time I was really thrilled by a skater, it was in 1994 with Misha Shmerkin, who proudly represented Israel for the first time in the winter Olympics- that was before the Internet became popular and skating boards were created!
    Marina

  15. #75
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Marisha92 View Post
    Thank you! I hope to post more observations from the Broadmoor skating rink, since I live so close now. The last time I was really thrilled by a skater, it was in 1994 with Misha Shmerkin, who proudly represented Israel for the first time in the winter Olympics- that was before the Internet became popular and skating boards were created!
    Marina
    The Broadmoor club hosts "shows" almost every Friday night, which are meant to be like training exhibitions of their programs. Let us know if you get to enjoy some of these!

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •