Max Aaron

ice coverage

Record Breaker

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Marisha92

Rinkside
[
Max will be skating on Thu Feb 27 in Colorado Springs at the Opening Ceremony of Synchro Nationals -- as will Maddie Aaron/Max S; Zawadzki; and Ryan Bradley.

Seems that Feb 25 also is Poje's birthday. :hb:
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/QUOTE]

I was there- Max skated his short program- didn't do the quad, though. Hoping he'll nail it at Worlds. His sister also skated and she was amazing. I had never seen her and Max S. skate live before- they have a great future as Sr. competitors- can't wait to see them next season.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Speaking of fashion, Michael Kuluva (a former skater), the chief designer at the Tumbler & Tipsy label, would like to work with Max.
"I would really like to work with Max Aaron; I like him a lot," he said. "There are some interesting geometrical shapes that could enhance his moves...."
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2014/03/03/68630234/the-inside-edge-olympics-best-dressed-list (Mar 3)​

Max will be skating on Thu Feb 27 in Colorado Springs at the Opening Ceremony of Synchro Nationals -- as will Maddie Aaron/Max S; Zawadzki; and Ryan Bradley.

I was there- Max skated his short program- didn't do the quad, though. Hoping he'll nail it at Worlds. His sister also skated and she was amazing. I had never seen her and Max S. skate live before- they have a great future as Sr. competitors- can't wait to see them next season.

Lucky you. Thx for the report. :)
And good luck to Maddie Aaron/Max Settlage, who will compete at Junior Worlds in Bulgaria in a few days.
In a recent long interview, Max S. discussed their partnership, their training, and their future.

Maddie/Max S. aspire to compete at the 2018 Games in Korea.
Would be sooooo cool if Max A. and they all became Olympians together in four years. :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Photo of chef Max from one of his besties, Madi Hubbell @splashmadison, who is at the OTC in Colorado Springs to recover from her surgery.
@maxtaaron is such a sweetheart! He came to my rescue and got me out of the dorms yesterday! He even cooked me dinner!
http://instagram.com/p/lVFJtYhdh6/ (posted Mar 9)​

ETA, in her Mar 18 blog, Hubbell gave Max another shout-out for cooking for her several times.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Colorado Springs' Max Aaron studies game tape to prepare for World Championships
by Jordan Mason
http://www.koaa.com/news/colorado-s...game-tape-to-prepare-for-world-championships/ (Mar 24)

Video interview (approx. two minutes, incl. some unusual POV footage of his on-ice training) + accompanying text story

Quote:
"It's all in the attitude," said Max. "You want to attack from the very beginning and no letting off the gas pedal."

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Great job Max, mission accomplished 3 spots for the US, well done!

mintx

On the Ice
YAY! So happy we have 3 for next year. Can't wait to see how well he does next year.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Max's new show program from SOI, What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction. (Oh my. Really, Max?) Not great quality fancam but it's full length (bar the first couple of seconds).

He is so adorable when he's got his groove on. And those jeans are...well. Ahem. Tight. :love:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Couple of new-to-me throwbacks are included in the gallery of Max photos on Tom Z's brand-new website.

And btw, TZ's May 2 blog has an interesting bit about goals (not limited to Max):
... Most recently, Max Aaron, who just finished competing at the World Championships in Saitama, Japan, began his goal setting process as part of TEAM USA. Athletes like Max and those on the international team must submit written goals “on line” in a secured computer system called EX3. These goals are approved by the coach and various USFS officials. ...
http://coachtomz.com/goal-setting/
The goal-setting itself btwn a coach and student does not surprise me. It's the required approval of USFS that made my eyes widen, but I guess it makes sense, esp. regarding the skaters whom they are funding.

New pairs team: Marchei/Aaron? ;)

Not a bad lift for a singles guy.

LOL, reminds me of previous glimpses of Max lifting Ashley Wagner and Kirsten Moore-Towers.

Maybe he still misses the pair skating from his very early career as a young boy? One of the Olympic hopeful videos from the past year had a cute snippet of little Max partnering a girl. They were in full cowboy-themed costumes apparently for some kind of performance, so I don't think that they were just goofing around as kiddies.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Couple of new-to-me throwbacks are included in the gallery of Max photos on Tom Z's brand-new website.

And btw, TZ's May 2 blog has an interesting bit about goals (not limited to Max):
... Most recently, Max Aaron, who just finished competing at the World Championships in Saitama, Japan, began his goal setting process as part of TEAM USA. Athletes like Max and those on the international team must submit written goals “on line” in a secured computer system called EX3. These goals are approved by the coach and various USFS officials. ...
http://coachtomz.com/goal-setting/
The goal-setting itself btwn a coach and student does not surprise me. It's the required approval of USFS that made my eyes widen, but I guess it makes sense, esp. regarding the skaters whom they are funding.

LOL, reminds me of previous photos of Max lifting Ashley Wagner and Kirsten Moore-Towers.

Maybe he still misses the pair skating from his very early career as a young boy? One of the Olympic hopeful videos from the past year had a cute snippet of little Max partnering a girl. They were in full cowboy-themed costumes apparently for some kind of performance, so I don't think that they were just goofing around as kiddies.

Getting singles guys to do lifts seems to be the thing to do, though. Joshua lifts one of the ladies in the SOI finale. (I'm still giggling that Jason did pairs for a little while as a kid. He was TINY! Where did they find a girl small enough for him?!)

Thanks for the link to Evil Z's website. I'm now thoroughly creeped out that there's a "Club Z".

EDIT: Wonder how Jeremy, Ryan and Joshua, among others, feel about being paraded around in his "Champions" section?

WHOA HOLD ON. He's claiming to have taught the triple Axel to Jason. Um, NO!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Getting singles guys to do lifts seems to be the thing to do, though. Joshua lifts one of the ladies in the SOI finale. (I'm still giggling that Jason did pairs for a little while as a kid. He was TINY! Where did they find a girl small enough for him?!)

Thanks for the link to Evil Z's website. I'm now thoroughly creeped out that there's a "Club Z".

EDIT: Wonder how Jeremy, Ryan and Joshua, among others, feel about being paraded around in his "Champions" section?

WHOA HOLD ON. He's claiming to have taught the triple Axel to Jason. Um, NO!

Do not want this thread to turn into a referendum on TZ -- about whom I do not claim to know very much.

But ... I do not have a problem with what is on his website re his former skaters. On their respective pages, TZ lists only the championships that they won during his tenure as their coach, so its not as if he were trying to claim credit when none is due.

And as a supplement to Kori Ade's primary role, Jason Brown has gotten some additional outside coaching regarding jumps. (Jason mentioned it in his TSL interview, for example.) It is not implausible to me that TZ could have been a a consultant to Jason/Kori for the triple axel.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
And as a supplement to Kori Ade's primary role, Jason Brown has gotten some additional outside coaching regarding jumps. (Jason mentioned it in his TSL interview, for example.) It is not implausible to me that TZ could have been a a consultant to Jason/Kori for the triple axel.

Yes - but Jason has always named those he's worked with, and Z's name was never mentioned. I rather think we'd have heard of it before now if Z was one of the coaches he worked with.