What would podium in Sochi be if Kostner, Asada, and Kim all go clean | Page 21 | Golden Skate

What would podium in Sochi be if Kostner, Asada, and Kim all go clean

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
:laugh: @ this thread..i believe there are some sensible posts here.. and it's getting hilarious..

so.. basically yuna who showed up at this year's Worlds after almost 2 year break basically won her 2nd major title with a BACK to BACK clean programs..while others crumble.. and then kicking some as* but haters are still trying to find a way to put a stain into it.. take some bitter pill..i know it's hard to swallow..move on.. you have a new season ahead.. because no matter what.. yuna won fair and square.. and haters gonna hate.. :laugh:

As Confucious once said:
"Too many sour grapes makes very poor whine"

As James Bond once said:
"Too many sour pickles makes very weak Matini, shaken or stirred"

As a Yuna uber once said:
"Haters are gonna hate. Move to the left. Mind the steps. It is a long way down into the abyss of never ending story of darkness and despair."

;)

LRK

Record Breaker
I didn't realize that video propaganda fueled by nationalistic bias was allowed to be posted on these boards.

There's been "video propaganda fueled by nationalistic bias" posted on these boards? Where? I must have missed it - Sounds exciting!

jaylee

Medalist
There's been "video propaganda fueled by nationalistic bias" posted on these boards? Where? I must have missed it - Sounds exciting!

Look up thread. It's the video cited as evidence to support the "corrupted judging system" and the accusation that Yu-Na was overscored.

There are plenty of other examples out there on Youtube for those eager for more, as you evidently are.

Of course, this is still the best propaganda video of all time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnsgeAv-3z8

Maybe with an invisible link.

No, not with an invisible link. Just because you turn a blind eye to the shenanigans posted by those looking to spread their "Yu-Na is overscored, corrupt judging" message doesn't mean that it's not there.

cheerio2

On the Ice
whole post

To answer your question, yes, the current changes are also good for the sport for reasons I have already mentioned, and should be made regardless of who was skating. There is not one rule change implemented that I have not seen previously brought up and discussed by skating fans on skating forums such as this one.

If you like the old rules better, why? If instead you like the new rules better, then the rules should be changed, regardless of timing implications on anyone.

prettykeys

Medalist
Speaking about judges, here is a video comparing the number of crossovers in FS at WC (you will need an account to watch, take one second to open the one if you don't have any): http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21174372 Yuna- 32, Caro-18, Kanako-16, Mao-7. Yet, the PCS score for transitions is Yuna- 8.89, Caro- 8.46, Mao- 8.21 . Excellent example of the currupted judging system and that yunafans have nothing on topic to say except how dumb everyone else is. :biggrin:

Oh, how adorable. Are the people questioning whether it's a propaganda video able to:

1) ...read? Like, they just entirely skipped over that post?
2) ...identify what a cross-over is?
3) ...count?
4) ...keep their mouths (fingers) "shut" when they can't do all of the above?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvnmTcc3e1I

See for yourselves, if that's really just 7 crossovers. :rolleye: And spare the underhanded sniping at posters (i.e. jaylee in this case) if you don't know better.

Sorry for the negativity, and I apologize that I don't have giulia's humorous touch, but it sure is curious when the very same posters bemoaning the hostility around these forums from time to time add to it themselves. There's a word for that: it starts with an H, ends with a Y, and is 9-letters long. I'm just glad that these particular crazy video-makers are keeping to themselves on the Japanese sites....for now.

mskater93

Record Breaker
I counted 10 before the second jumping pass and quite a few instances of two footed "basic pump" skating...

yunabestever

Spectator
Yu Na can go 75 and 150 probably if she is clean. I dont think anyone else can do that even clean so she wins easily.

Asada would go 75 in the short but probably only 140 in the long if clean. Kostner doing only a triple toe-triple in the short would be more like 70 and 140. So I would say Asada 2nd if clean only because of her much greater difficulty, even though Kostner would get more GOE and PCS. Clean isnt realistic for Mao anyway with her current jumps though. Both make about 2 or 3 mistakes and Kostner probably comes out ahead for silver.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Yu Na can go 75 and 150 probably if she is clean. I dont think anyone else can do that even clean so she wins easily.

Asada would go 75 in the short but probably only 140 in the long if clean. Kostner doing only a triple toe-triple in the short would be more like 70 and 140. So I would say Asada 2nd if clean only because of her much greater difficulty, even though Kostner would get more GOE and PCS. Clean isnt realistic for Mao anyway with her current jumps though. Both make about 2 or 3 mistakes and Kostner probably comes out ahead for silver.

Mao got 135 without a 3F-3L, a bad landed 3A, an Ur 3F, an UR 2Loop and an "e" on her lutz. I doubt she would get only 140 if clean. The title of this topic is not what skater has the highest chances to skate clean. Realistically or unrealistically Mao would win if all 3 go completely clean. It's basic math. Her TES advantage would be more than enough to keep her first no matter how huge Caro's or Yuna's GOE would be. And PCS too. She's about 1-2 points lower in the SP at worst and around 3-4 in the LP