What would podium in Sochi be if Kostner, Asada, and Kim all go clean | Page 4 | Golden Skate

What would podium in Sochi be if Kostner, Asada, and Kim all go clean

In terms of inflation Yuna is Chan in a skirt. She just stays on her feet, that's why her wins are usually not questioned. But it doesn't dismiss the whole point of inflation. Moreover, judging by the score she got at Worlds, even if Asada and Kostner would have skated clean, they would have still lost to her, just with twice smaller difference in score. All this kills the competition and sport itself when skaters know in advance that fight and risk is meaningless. That's why ANY inflation, either on a bigger scale (Chan) or a smaller one (Yuna) is always Evil. :disapp:

The situation is not remotely comparable. When Chan skates badly but wins anyway, people rightly point out that this exposes flaws in the scoring system. When Kim skates superbly and none of her competitors skates well enough to challenge her -- well, we may be disappointed in the others ladies' performances, but it is what it is.

Ven

Match Penalty
When I remind 2008 Worlds, When kim has simillar competition with her competitors, judges were harsh to her.

Therefore, if three all go clean, show all good performance, I guess she would not Gold.

This isn't 2008. Yuna is 5 going on 6 years older and a much better skater, as talented as she was then ... now she's in a different league compared to the others.

Mao has regressed in that same time. Kostner is better but as everyone saw at the last competition, even had she skated clean, Yuna would have still won by a large margin, and that doesn't even account for the judges acknowledged underscoring her in the SP.

This entire thread is a good laugh! Yuna just annihilated the field and 90% of the responses say she would lose if she skated just as well next year!

let`s talk

Match Penalty
The situation is not remotely comparable. When Chan skates badly but wins anyway, people rightly point out that this exposes flaws in the scoring system. When Kim skates superbly and none of her competitors skates well enough to challenge her -- well, we may be disappointed in the others ladies' performances, but it is what it is.
You missed the point, which is completely unforgivable for a mathman ;). Even if Caro and Mao skated clean, which is the title of this thread, they would still be behind Yuna in TES and PCS thanks to Yuna-flation in GOE in PCS. That is what exposes flaws in the scoring system.

vera01

Final Flight
You missed the point, which is completely unforgivable for a mathman ;). Even if Caro and Mao skated clean, which is the title of this thread, they would still be behind Yuna in TES and PCS thanks to Yuna-flation in GOE in PCS. That is what exposes flaws in the scoring system.

Again, how can you be so sure about that? You're saying as if Yuna(clean or not) always have placed over clean Mao and Caro.

venlac

On the Ice
sigh... I'm Yuna's fan. but i think this way.
In 4cc, Mao had clean SP, and her score was 75. In 2013 World, Yuna had clean SP, and her score was 69. As you know, although Yuna has been stronger than Mao in SP
If Mao and Yuna have clean programs, then, Mao would win. now you satisfied?

bara1968

On the Ice

?? We never know since Asada and Kostner have not done clean LP, SP performances within current layout. And in 2013' worlds, both got very generous scores despite bunch of errors here and there. They both got personal best LP score in their entire career. I do think that Yuna's score was well-deserved based on the way of scoring that night. When Yuna made same number of mistakes, she did not win. Within Yuna's case,there is no such Chan-flation, which allowed flawed performance to win.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Again, how can you be so sure about that?
Did they teach you math at school? Yuna was over Caro and Mao in PCS (3 and 5 points accordingly) which alone is plain dump corruptive. Don't even bother to ask me to descibe the details, like a flirting Caro, flying Mao with a breathtaking finale and robotic Yuna (one more similarity with Chan) with mama-drama mask who came here to do her "shift". In her 16.51 GOE only jumps were probably rightfully rewarded. But all the rest is just meh. No way her steps were almost equal to Mao's and Caro's, with just a tiny diference in points. Yuna spins in general are nothing to talk about. And even if Mao didn't have mistakes on 3A and 3F, i.e. got them fully ratified, she would have still been something like 7-8- points behind Yuna. Just doing the math. A clean Mao would have still ended up 7-8- points behind a clean Yuna, based on the WC score. That is what is wrong with the judging system. Yuna is Ladies' Chan in this sense, just on a smaller scale.
I'm Yuna's fan.... In 2013 World, Yuna had clean SP, and her score was 69.
That's why it's useless to talk to Yuna fans- you live in your own reality. Yuna didn't have a clean SP at WC-2013.

You missed the point, which is completely unforgivable for a mathman ;). Even if Caro and Mao skated clean, which is the title of this thread, they would still be behind Yuna in TES and PCS thanks to Yuna-flation in GOE in PCS.

We have no data supporting this position. If, at 2013 Worlds, Asada had not badly two-footed her triple Axel attempt, if she had not under-rotated and landed awkwardly on her triple flip attempt, if she had not got an edge call on her triple Lutz attempt and a UR call on her 3F+2Lo+2Lo combo, and if she had skated faster throughout, she would have got dynamite GOEs and PCSs across the board like Kim.

We will never know whether or not Kim is favored by the judges until someone rises to challenge her.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
We have no data supporting this position. If, at 2013 Worlds, Asada had not badly two-footed her triple Axel attempt, if she had not under-rotated and landed awkwardly on her triple flip attempt, if she had not got an edge call on her triple Lutz attempt and a UR call on her 3F+2Lo+2Lo combo, and if she had skated faster throughout, she would have got dynamite GOEs and PCSs across the board like Kim.
:laugh: And what data do you have supporting this position?

You see? That is how it works. Unfortunately. Yuna fans ask me- "how you can be so sure about that" and blah-blah. You dismiss my argument as the one with "no supporting data", ignoring my math based on WC score, and yet you come with your own statement providing no data at all. Yeah, that's a chan-thing in a skirt- Yunaflation.

venlac

On the Ice

By the way, with the except Mao, do you think clean Carolina should win clean Yuna? how?
She has low base value, and lower quality jumps than Yuna. she can/should not surpass kim both on base value, GOE. So, Her TES would lower than yuna.
Then, Do you think Caro should win by only PCS?

MiRé

Match Penalty
:laugh: And what data do you have supporting this position?

You see? That is how it works. Unfortunately. Yuna fans ask me- "how you can be so sure about that" and blah-blah. You dismiss my argument as the one with "no supporting data", ignoring my math based on WC score, and yet you come with your own statement providing no data at all. Yeah, that's a chan-thing in a skirt- Yunaflation.

And Yunahaters or Maobots always assume things that have never happened before. At least Yuna fans believe in reality.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
do you think clean Carolina should win clean Yuna? how?
She has low base value, and lower quality jumps than Yuna. she should not surpass kim both on GOE, base value. So, Her TES would lower than yuna.
Hahaha. What's the point of asking the question in the first place if you already gave your own answer (in italics), implyig that I should share your this view? That's stupid trolling to say the least. Clean Caro should not have only PCS advantage over Yuna and therefore- win based on PCS only. GOE and BV is not jumps only for your records. And besides jumps Yuna shouldn't have any advantage neither over clean Caro nor Mao. Therefore Caro's TES wouldn't be lower than Yuna's as you claim. But the point is that they will! Thanks to Yunaflation.

jiggs

On the Ice
By the way, with the except Mao, do you think clean Carolina should win clean Yuna? how?
She has low base value, and lower quality jumps than Yuna. she should not surpass kim both on GOE, base value. So, Her TES would lower than yuna.

Caro's base value is not that far off Yuna's because she plans 7 triples in her LP and will likely have a different, more difficult layout next year. Also, her jumps are on par with Yuna's in terms of quality and she receives similar GOE on them. And if (I know that is a big if) she skates clean, she will probably receive higher PCS too (deservedly).

Eclair

Medalist
Hahaha. What's the point of asking the question in the first place if you already gave your own answer (in italics), implyig that I should share your this view? That's stupid trolling to say the least. Clean Caro should not have only PCS advantage over Yuna and therefore- win based on PCS only. GOE and BV is not jumps only for your records. And besides jumps Yuna shouldn't have any advantage neither over clean Caro nor Mao. Therefore Caro's TES wouldn't be lower than Yuna's as you claim. But the point is that they will! Thanks to Yunaflation.
Your point about Yunaflation makes no sense, because when Yuna has made mistakes, she's been beaten - 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011 worlds. Unfair inflation in scores means, that a skater wins, even though another skated more cleanly - which never happened to Yuna. All of her wins were won not only by her skating clean or nearly clean, but also by other skaters making more or heavier penalized mistakes.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I think more people would have less issue with Chan winning all the time if he actually skated well the majority of the time in competition like Yuna does...

mskater93

Record Breaker
I have no horse in the race, but there were some extenuating circumstances that increased Yuna's scores in 2013 at Worlds in the long program: 1) skating clean when her two main rivals did not and 2) skating last (and clean) where it didn't matter whether she won by 1 point, 5 points, or 80 points, she deserved to win. If Mao and/or Carolina skate(d) clean, their GOEs will increase on the items which were negative at 2013 Worlds (ie, the mistakes) AND their PCS will increase (hard, clean program bonus). To what level for each of those things, we don't know as it didn't happen.

MiRé

Match Penalty

wait so you agree that Yuna shouldn't have any advantage neither over clean Caro nor Mao but you believe Yuna will still surpass them?
First, Mao and Caro never skated both 2 programs clean, and second, they both have higher BV but You still believe Yuna will still surpass them?
Did school not teach you math?

Stop blaming Yunaflation. Blame Mao and Caro not skating clean programs. And until them, stop accusing Kim for doing what she have done the best.

If you really hate Yuna or have problem with ISU and their judging system, then send an email to ISU or something. Explain your frustration and I'm sure they'll happily answer all your question.

And did you know? CoP is a disadvantage to Yuna(at least after the Olympics)? It's actually an advantage to Mao. Are you still going to complain about yunaflation?

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Your point about Yunaflation makes no sense, because when Yuna has made mistakes, she's been beaten - 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011 worlds. Unfair inflation in scores means, that a skater wins, even though another skated more cleanly - which never happened to Yuna. All of her wins were won not only by her skating clean or nearly clean, but also by other skaters making more or heavier penalized mistakes.
Of course for you it makes no sense because you apparently have none of yourself to get the point- unfair inflation in score means the score was INFLATED, i.e. the skater got more points than he/she deserved, and the skating of others here is irrelevant. And, which is way more important thing in this case, even if her rivals went clean, they still wouldn't be able to reach her inflated score, based on WC records. That is entire wrong. Chan-wrong.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Yuna also does not win when she doesn't skate well unless no one else skates well either. She wasn't at her best at the 2011 Worlds but she certainly did not bomb, and she lost to a conservative Ando. She lost Worlds to Mao in 2010 after her Olympic triumph. In 2008 she arguably deserved to win Worlds but was only 3rd. Even Rachael Flatt beat her in the FS at a GP event. The situation is not comparable to Chan at all really other than that at their best, either will win, regardless of what everyone else does. Chan winning all these gold medals while being a human zamboni and not even attempting as much content as the other guys is a different situation entirely.