Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: What would podium in Sochi be if Kostner, Asada, and Kim all go clean

Custom Title
    Lol, I think you are being too pessimistic, venlac. Yuna will not be taken from her favorite status. Though if all went clean in this thread's scenario, Yuna would certainly not run away with it by a large margin except as claimed by a Kool Aid drinker.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    I agree with Cheerio. Yu-Na is definitely the favorite coming in and even when she makes little mistakes, usually the rest of her skating is strong enough to get by on. I don't think one bad performance will knock her off the top...however, a string of bad performances is another story but when has Yu-Na ever been known to fold? Every now and then she bends but girlfriend is not a breaker

I do think it is closer this time around but (as of now) Yu-Na still outpaces the rest of the field. Personally, I'm hoping everyone brings their A-game this season. It always makes the competitions more interesting and exciting when things are close.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cheerio2 View Post
    Lol, I think you are being too pessimistic, venlac. Yuna will not be taken from her favorite status. Though if all went clean in this thread's scenario, Yuna would certainly not run away with it by a large margin except as claimed by a Kool Aid drinker.
    It is so funny that in this thread, who are repeatedly claiming 'if all go clean, Yuna will win!' are almost Asada's fans. You, and Let's talk.(Ah, exceptionally, Ven). I think you and let's talk are more pessimistic than me.

I have said that based on my memory. when you remember 07 - 08 season, 2008 World. At that time, how were the judges? when kim usually has similar mistakes since her serious injury with her competitors, how were the judges?? She was definitely far from the favorite.
    I said there is possibility about this situation can be made once more
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I agree with Cheerio. Yu-Na is definitely the favorite coming in and even when she makes little mistakes, usually the rest of her skating is strong enough to get by on. I don't think one bad performance will knock her off the top...however, a string of bad performances is another story but when has Yu-Na ever been known to fold? Every now and then she bends but girlfriend is not a breaker

I do think it is closer this time around but (as of now) Yu-Na still outpaces the rest of the field. Personally, I'm hoping everyone brings their A-game this season. It always makes the competitions more interesting and exciting when things are close.
    I was talking about whole season, not in one competiton... I mean, In next whole season, if she is no longer consistency like she has been, and usually has similar mistakes with her competitors in competitions, She just would be taken from that place(favorite) immediately

Banned
    Again all of you are delusional. Let's pull up the scorecards from the last competition.

Yuna won by 21 points. She was (admittedly) underscored in the SP by the judges because:
    1) she had been away for so long
    2) she went off in an early flight

It's very reasonable to think, if the competition was replayed today, and the ladies skated the exact same, Yuna would have won by closer to 25 points than 20.

----------

So ... how do you propose Kostner or Mao could make up all of those 25 points needed to overtake her?

Bring up the scorecard and show examples, that if you eliminate their mistakes and give them GOE's and PCS that are reasonable with their past performances,
    how can they make up 25 points?

---------

The only way another lady can beat her is if Yuna makes mistakes and they skate better than her for that competition,

or if somehow they improve so much in the next year that they become better than her.

But just to complete all of their elements it's not enough because her execution is better than theirs.

It's not possible. To say they have a higher base value and therefore would beat Yuna if they all skated clean and all got 2's and 3's in GOE is nonsense.

The debate is given their past GOE's and PCS scores (what they are capable of) how do they make up 25 points from completing their failed elements? They can't do it. Not even close.

When Yuna is at her best she gets 70-80 in the SP and 150 in the LP ... how on earth can you even argue that any of the other ladies can score 230+ points?

Custom Title
    Sorry, but I find it disrespectful to make a threads in favor of Yu-Na Kim, Mao Asada and Carolina Kostner.

I think that a clean Akiko Suzuki, Zijun Li, Adelina Sotnikova, Kaetlyn Osmond, Mirai Nagasu and Gracie Gold can be also a medal contender for Sotchi 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    The debate is given their past GOE's and PCS scores...
    No, IMHO that is not exactly the debate invited by this speculative thread. For instance, if Mao went squeaky clean with an 8 triple performance and no bobbles or imperfections in her elements, she would automatically get way, way, way higher GOEs and PCSs than she ever has in the past.

She would beat Yuna in Transitions and at least match her in P&E, CH, and INT. Kim would still win Skating Skills because of her superior speed.

Will this happen? No. But that's the nature of a fantasy thread.

Custom Title
    With all due respect to the members of this forum.

But I refuse to post anything on this topic while some people do not learn to respect the opinions of others.

Custom Title
    All this discussion is going nowhere

~high art~
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    What does "stupid tech caller" mean? Does it mean that he/she was too incompetent to distinguish between an inside and outside edge on slow-motion replay, or that he/she lied to sabotage Yuna's score? Or are you suggesting that Yuna should have received more points for a wrong-edge flip?

Yuna doesn't have issues on her flip, but she IS human. She seemed tense throughout her entire short program; it's unsurprising, on the big stage for the first time in two years, that her skating wouldn't be as pristine as we're used to.

She's capable of making mistakes; unfortunately, this is an argument that often falls on deaf ears. For goodness' sake, if she was perfect, why would she bother training? She could just sit out the GP and resume practices the week before the Olympics.
    No matter how tense she looked throughout her entire program, her flip at the SP was perfect and should have received +2 to +3 GOE all across the judging panel.

Fake edge calls or lack thereof happen all the time from very "incompetent" callers, it is no surprise for me. Daisuke Takahashi never ever receives deductions for his slight flutz, for instance.

Custom Title
    Caro's 3F is better than Kim's 3F.
    Caro's 3Lo is also better
    Caro's 3Sal is also better.
    Caro's 2A is also better.

Kim's trump card is her 3Lz-3T and her other solo Lz.

I don't know why some people just can't accept that Yuna can't win every single bullet. But I don't care about them. I put a few in the ignored list because nothing they say interest me.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Caro's 3F is better than Kim's 3F.
    Caro's 3Lo is also better
    Caro's 3Sal is also better.
    Caro's 2A is also better.

Kim's trump card is her 3Lz-3T and her other solo Lz.

I don't know why some people just can't accept that Yuna can't win every single bullet. But I don't care about them. I put a few in the ignored list because nothing they say interest me.
    This is really all figure skating fans' thinking? And am I strange? Oh, my ...

If they're all squeaky 100% clean, assuming the exact jump layout as 2013 Worlds, no edge calls, no UR's, no falls, then:

1. Mao
    2. Yuna
    3. Carolina

With Yuna and Carolina being close or a toss-up depending on the programs (music, choreo), the composition of the judging panel, the skating order, and how much Yuna leads Carolina in the SP. As much as I love Yuna, I'm well aware than a clean 8-triple LP by Mao (plus a 4-triple SP) would be insurmountable. I'm also quite aware that with the Olympics being in Europe, Yuna is at a relative disadvantage, especially without a 3loop.

However, I felt the same way before Worlds 2013. Reality doesn't work in this hypothetical way. When it comes down to it, Yuna has the most to gain, the least to lose, and the best chances to win. So it's likely she'll skate clean, while Mao and Carolina make several costly mistakes like at Worlds and in previous Olympics.

I'm most curious to see their new programs and if they plan any "upgrades" to their tech content for the Olympic season.

What a dumb question. If they all skated clean.

1. Yuna

huge gap (deserving)

2. Mao

3. Carolina

Banned
    I doubt anyone can take up my challenge, and cite 25 points that Kostner or Mao can make up off their last scorecard.

Even if Kostner does not fall at the end, and complete her elements, she still does not make up a whopping 20-25 point difference. Same for Asada.

Again, it's possible they can win, if Yuna makes mistakes and they beat her, or they could miraculously improve so much in less than 1 year that they can post 230+.

But as of now and ever since 2009, when Yuna skates her best she will win by a large margin, that's just how it is.

Custom Title
    I cant count of numbers how many times I said.
    Judges' tendency is different in "when only One show good competitive while others have several flows" with "when all show good competitive."

In past season, Kim has clean sp two times. in NRW, her score was 72, In World, her score was 69.
    In 4cc, Asada had clean SP. her score was 75.
    Even their difference in bv is not so big in SP, and kim has been stronger than Asada in SP than FS.

couldn't compare FS by this way, because Asada had no clean FS.
    But Asada got higher score in even SP, so we can guess in FS, also Asada would win.

dont be pessimistic... some Asada fans
    And congratulations that she has the highest score potential!
    although we dont know that ' she would have how many mistakes':

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast