Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Adam Rippon praises Yuna in interview

On the Ice

Adam Rippon praises Yuna in interview

The Skating Lesson Interview series featured Adam Rippon this week. He talked about Yuna entering the Olympic Games in Vancouver and having the best mindset he ever saw. I like when skaters speak in such high regard of each other. Here is the Yuna clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3GLkZvw2WY

The whole interview is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiAflwj7BAQ

~high art~
    Good for him.

YEs, and he also praises Plushy

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I guess I'm a cynic. Plushy & Yu Na have the 2 of the biggest ice shows. I don't find skaters all that interesting when they are flattering potential employers, particularly when they come from the US, where there really are few employment opportunities for skaters.

Which doesn't mean that Yu Na didn't have a really great mindset for the 2010 Olympics, she did, absolutely.

Custom Title
    Adam says that Plushenko started to land 3A at 15. yo but in fact he was landing 3A at 13 years old and quads at 15 yo.

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I guess I'm a cynic. Plushy & Yu Na have the 2 of the biggest ice shows. I don't find skaters all that interesting when they are flattering potential employers, particularly when they come from the US, where there really are few employment opportunities for skaters.

Which doesn't mean that Yu Na didn't have a really great mindset for the 2010 Olympics, she did, absolutely.
    I don't think you are a cynic, but you are wrong. Plushy invited Johnny, Stef, Tomas and recently Ilia Kulik and Brian into his shows. And you don't forget Artur.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8f8yvsQK8o
    2011 Champs Camp: Fun with Adam Rippon listen to him

from1'02"

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Exactly. Plushy is a potential employer, and has employed American skaters in the past. I expect American skaters to say nothing but good things about him!

Exactly. Plushy is a potential employer, and has employed American skaters in the past. I expect American skaters to say nothing but good things about him!
    ha-ha..they were simply envious.

Before Vanc Evan praised Plushy, but and after Vanc he said bad things about him, when everybody calmed down he psaised him again, not once. He said Plushy is the best skater...

I don't know. Between them Kim and Plushenko have 5 world championships and two Olympic gold medals. I don't think we need to read anything in particular into comments that these are a couple of admirable skaters.

Custom Title
    I agree with dorispulaski though. When Armin was making piano videos dedicated to Mao people were suspecting that he was just trying to get to the Japanese market. I remember that idea felt quite reasonable, and this situation is very similar now. Smart move from Adam to try to get to Korean and Russian markets, hope he'll succeed

Custom Title
    I don't know... if Adam had meant to weasel his way into Plushy's good graces, wouldn't he have expressed himself slightly differently?

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed the interview - very thoughtful, and it's really interesting to see what may be going on in a skater's mind at various points in his life/career.

Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    I don't know... if Adam had meant to weasel his way into Plushy's good graces, wouldn't he have expressed himself slightly differently?

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed the interview - very thoughtful, and it's really interesting to see what may be going on in a skater's mind at various points in his life/career.
    Yes, I also think so. And I have a feeling that he really does not understand himself, and apologizes ...

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    I guess I'm a cynic. Plushy & Yu Na have the 2 of the biggest ice shows. I don't find skaters all that interesting when they are flattering potential employers, particularly when they come from the US, where there really are few employment opportunities for skaters. ...
    Did any cynics point their fingers at Gracie Gold when she professed admiration for Kim?
    If not, why no skepticism in that case? [To play devil's advocate: was/is Gold hoping esp. to follow in Ashley Wagner's footsteps as an All That Skate cast member? Just sayin'.]

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I don't know. Between them Kim and Plushenko have 5 world championships and two Olympic gold medals. I don't think we need to read anything in particular into comments that these are a couple of admirable skaters.
    But I myself agree with Mathman. Would prefer to presume the "innocence" of all skaters who praise others.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    Yes, I also think so. And I have a feeling that he really does not understand himself, and apologizes ...
    Oh, I just think that it's rather funny that, after being so... blunt, the poor boy should be accused of sycophancy - suffice to say that if that was the intent, he has a long way to go. Anyway, the way he expressed himself left no doubt in my mind of the sincerity of his admiration.

Ya'll just need to ignore it. aftertherain's Avatar
    You know who Adam also talked about in his interview? Himself.

The parts about the Rippon Lutz and music selection had me giggling.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast