Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 138

Thread: The Return of Marina Anissina to Ice Dance

  1. #61
    Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    915
    I know I'm in the minority here, but I think Ice Dance has actually IMPROVED under CoP, on the whole. As mentioned previously, there doesn't seem to be a lot of room for technically easier movement that packs a big punch. But looking at the programs in their entirety, dance has improved since CoP.

    I think the singles... it's a more evenly mixed bag. The good and the bad balance each other out. I think CoP could work out with value adjustments and a common sense approach to GoE.

    As far as pairs go, I think CoP has nearly destroyed the discipline. The pairs programs are just that bad, IMO.

  2. #62
    Custom Title BlackPack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,047
    Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    I know I'm in the minority here, but I think Ice Dance has actually IMPROVED under CoP, on the whole. As mentioned previously, there doesn't seem to be a lot of room for technically easier movement that packs a big punch. But looking at the programs in their entirety, dance has improved since CoP.

    I think the singles... it's a more evenly mixed bag. The good and the bad balance each other out. I think CoP could work out with value adjustments and a common sense approach to GoE.

    As far as pairs go, I think CoP has nearly destroyed the discipline. The pairs programs are just that bad, IMO.
    I think ice dancing is extremely exciting right now because of near geniuses V&M and D&W, regardless of system. Pairs isn't that great because of the lack of talent. While S&S and V&T are very good, the level of their raw talent (in terms of basic skating) isn't like B&S in the late 90s and early 00s. Some of the pairs moves have morphed into ugly, weird positions, while interpretive choreography has suffered.

  3. #63
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,747
    Well Marina really is just a cheap rendition of the original crayon red diva - Bestimianova

  4. #64
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2
    My views are that ice dance of today is very repetitive and predictable because the couples have to all implement the same elements at some point in their program's ,so you know what will be coming up . I love the speed across the ice .Not sure Anissina and Gwendal will fare too well.It's a bit like when T and D re en entered the Olympics 1994 after retiring. skating had changed over those 10 yrs .It became much faster,dynamic and they thought they would win,but compared to the Russians at that time ( Griskov and Platov and Usova and Zulin they had Noooo chance whatsoever.The skating looked dated and quite slow ,beautiful but it was far from perfect .Edges had deepened,moves were much more difficult of which they did not produce at this time in 1994 . Well, nice to see A and G back n the ice will be interesting . I am a Moir and Virtue fan , only wish they skated to better music it fails me every single time, but for skating beautiful quality .

  5. #65
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    337
    Dave and Jenny from TSL had a (very funny) thing or two to say about this. I highly suggest you watch the first 5 or 6 minutes of this (also contains their opinions on Miki Ando's supposed comeback). You will laugh!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S16nFE2oAw4

  6. #66
    Custom Title BlackPack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,047
    Quote Originally Posted by 96skiluvr View Post
    Dave and Jenny from TSL had a (very funny) thing or two to say about this. I highly suggest you watch the first 5 or 6 minutes of this (also contains their opinions on Miki Ando's supposed comeback). You will laugh!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S16nFE2oAw4
    They were funny and snarky, but imagine people critiquing THEIR skating. Oh, the heartbreak.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    100
    The very notion of Marina returning is rubbish. PointBlank.com

  8. #68
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,336
    I thought the most interesting comment in the Jennifer and David segment was about how you have to know how to "talk up" Yuna Kim if you want to get ahead on the show circuit. Evidently Johnny Weir is now in the dog house with Kim's team, and Stephane Lambiel has moved in as Yuna's "skating boyfriend." (Meanwhile Mao Asada has her Jeff Buttle.)

  9. #69
    Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    915
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I thought the most interesting comment in the Jennifer and David segment was about how you have to know how to "talk up" Yuna Kim if you want to get ahead on the show circuit. Evidently Johnny Weir is now in the dog house with Kim's team, and Stephane Lambiel has moved in as Yuna's "skating boyfriend." (Meanwhile Mao Asada has her Jeff Buttle.)
    You're really wanting to walk on the wild side today, aren't you?

  10. #70
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,336
    I'm just the messenger.

  11. #71
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPack View Post
    They were funny and snarky, but imagine people critiquing THEIR skating. Oh, the heartbreak.
    They're well aware that their not among the world's best (not that miki ando deserved to be). We all make snarky comments here and critique people, why can't they do it? And everything they say is completely true.

  12. #72
    Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    915
    Oh, NO, Mathman! Your not just the messenger, you said you thought it was INTERESTING.

    You have dared to find interest... even amusement... in a mild "dis" of the Queen.

    When they swoop, it's all on you!

    Don't worry, I've got your back, at least until I tire of the sporting aspect of it.

    Sadly, that's not too long most of the time.

  13. #73
    Custom Title BlackPack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,047
    Quote Originally Posted by 96skiluvr View Post
    They're well aware that their not among the world's best (not that miki ando deserved to be). We all make snarky comments here and critique people, why can't they do it? And everything they say is completely true.
    Are you Dave/Jenny? They're basically copying what the boards are saying.

  14. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    my god they really are serious, seems they already started training and 41 year old Pierzat has agreed
    they are a bit delusional though http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20130626/670358981.html

  15. #75
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,705
    I love it!! Good luck to them!!!!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •