Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 138

Thread: The Return of Marina Anissina to Ice Dance

  1. #121
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    14,296
    It sounds like it says that Anissina either believers herself or wants others to belive that.

    Didier Gailhueguet has, AFAIK, not announced it in the press, which is when it would be more believable to me.

  2. #122
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    2
    In ice dance the existence of rules has tended to confound. That is especially true today in my opinion. All the rules, clearly specified or not, will not matter when the methods of ENFORCING them are more deeply flawed than the supposed rules.

    The current crop of referees, especially in ice dance, seem to have either very little knowledge or similarly little ability to enforce the music rules which are written.

    Will be very interesting to see how a skater from an entirely different era can use a different experience base to interpret the rules. Even more interesting will be to see if any of the hapless referees are able to do anything which reflects enforcement of the current rules (as evidenced by either reward or, presumably, if there is a violation, deduction/penalty).

  3. #123
    - * - blue_idealist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,666
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post



    She IS serious. So cool. I love her! more than I did love her when she & Gwendel were competing back then. Yeah I understand wanting to come back/compete and making an actual comeback is two different things. But still COOL, isn't it? I always admired her will power and rooted for this French team...ever since I heard about the story btwn Anissina and Lovacheva...
    What is this about Anissina and Lobacheva?

  4. #124
    Custom Title BlackPack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    908
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    What is this about Anissina and Lobacheva?
    Was soup involved? A la Grischuk and Usova

  5. #125
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,670
    um...when Marina was the very very promising Jr ice dancer of Soviet/Russia by winning Jr World title twice, Lovacheva showed up one day and whispered something to Marina's partner, and the team suddenly broke up...Then Marina and her mother intently looked for a male ice dancer outside of Russia who was good enough for her, because Marina set her goal not only winning OGM/World title but also by beating Russia's No.1 team, namely her ex partner & Lovacheva... What Irina said to him was just a rumor, but I felt so sorry for Marina back then, you know.

  6. #126
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    990
    Their former coach, Muriel Zazoui is skeptical about A/P successful return to competition for the OWG, “The rules have changed so much since 2002," she was quoted recently. "Coming back would require an enormous amount of work... I don’t think Marina appreciates just how very different the sport is now, how much more athletic it is now.” She wished them good luck, however, adding that the audiences would enjoy seeing them.

  7. #127
    - * - blue_idealist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,666
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    um...when Marina was the very very promising Jr ice dancer of Soviet/Russia by winning Jr World title twice, Lovacheva showed up one day and whispered something to Marina's partner, and the team suddenly broke up...Then Marina and her mother intently looked for a male ice dancer outside of Russia who was good enough for her, because Marina set her goal not only winning OGM/World title but also by beating Russia's No.1 team, namely her ex partner & Lovacheva... What Irina said to him was just a rumor, but I felt so sorry for Marina back then, you know.
    I thought Averbukh stopped skating with Anissina and started skating with Lobacheva because he was romantically interested in Lobacheva.. never heard this version of the story.. then I thought that Anissina wrote to Gwendal Peizerat and Viktor Kraatz and offered herself to either of them as a partner, because there were no suitable partners for her in Russia. Viktor said he never received the letter (fortunately, because I don't think he and Anissina were well-suited style-wise, at least not as well-suited as Anissina and Peizerat, and if Viktor had skated with Anissina, then he wouldn't have skated with Shae-Lynn).

  8. #128
    Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    822
    Quote Originally Posted by KKonas View Post
    Their former coach, Muriel Zazoui is skeptical about A/P successful return to competition for the OWG, “The rules have changed so much since 2002," she was quoted recently. "Coming back would require an enormous amount of work... I don’t think Marina appreciates just how very different the sport is now, how much more athletic it is now.” She wished them good luck, however, adding that the audiences would enjoy seeing them.
    Thank you for this tidbit. I hadn't seen it. I agree with their former coach... I would enjoy seeing them. Deep in my heart, I can't see how they could be competitive under current rules, but, yes, I definitely would enjoy seeing them again.

    Which brings up an interesting point: Who will coach them in this comeback. Sounds like the former coach isn't interested.

  9. #129
    - * - blue_idealist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,666
    Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    Thank you for this tidbit. I hadn't seen it. I agree with their former coach... I would enjoy seeing them. Deep in my heart, I can't see how they could be competitive under current rules, but, yes, I definitely would enjoy seeing them again.

    Which brings up an interesting point: Who will coach them in this comeback. Sounds like the former coach isn't interested.
    Zhulin? Lol. Although he didn't sound interested either.

  10. #130
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,491
    The junior French team might surprise everyone. I would love it if someone cut A and P's hair. Would they be able to still skate lol????

  11. #131
    - * - blue_idealist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,666
    I can't help but feel sorry for Carron and Jones in all of this, as they had a chance at the second spot too, and have been around for awhile, yet they might get their chance taken away from them by the returning A&P. Not that I think A&P are undeserving but I just feel bad if Carron and Jones miss out. It's too bad France doesn't have three or four spots lol.

  12. #132
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    14,296
    It's sadder that the US doesn't have 4 spots (D&W, C&B, S&S, Hubbells and Aldridge & Eaton)
    that Canada doesn't have 4 spots (V&M, W&P, G&P, R&H, O&W)
    and that Russia doesn't have 4 spots (B&S, I&K, R&T, Stepanova & Bukin, a raft of other outstanding juniors, and Pushkash & Guerreiro)
    In fact, I am sadder that Australia's team, O'Brien & Merriman, has only a prayer of a spot that they have to get at Nebelhorn than that C&J might miss a spot. I wish Carron had stayed with Jost.

  13. #133
    Gambatte, Max Aaron/"No letting off the gas pedal" golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,729
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    It's sadder that the US doesn't have 4 spots (D&W, C&B, S&S, Hubbells and Aldridge & Eaton)
    that Canada doesn't have 4 spots (V&M, W&P, G&P, R&H, O&W)
    Canada has Paul/Islam as well .
    And the U.S. has Kriengkrairut/Giuletti-Schmitt .... BTW, you meant Hubbell/Donohue of course .

  14. #134
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    14,296
    I did Although Kieffer Hubbell only just retired from his partnership with Olson, I think?

    And I definitely should not have omitted P&I and K/G-S either.

  15. #135
    Gambatte, Max Aaron/"No letting off the gas pedal" golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,729
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I did Although Kieffer Hubbell only just retired from his partnership with Olson, I think?
    Oops, I in turn had forgotten that Keiffer had a new partnership with Olson. (And don't know their current status .)

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •