Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Which Russian lady has most difficult programs?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    seeing Tuks recent photos in VK, I will upgrade Tuk's chances as she looks like she is losing weight for the Olympics Season
    Mishin must be drilling her eating habits.
    I hope Liza can put this back in her arsenal in the future: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdkDLBmBFBU

Custom Title
    I think it's very unforunate to have had something of such seemingly good quality and never to have done it at even a jrgp once!!

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    I hope Liza can put this back in her arsenal in the future: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdkDLBmBFBU
    That would be one hell of a program, but unfortunately, I don't think it's likely. Not even Mao can consistently land ratified 3A's anymore, and she's been doing them in competition since 2004. Liza's body shape is no longer so willowy/slim (nor do I think it ever will be again) that she can rotate with the ease that you see in the video.

ETA @ gmyers: Many skaters train hard jumps without concrete plans to use them in competitive programs. Michelle did so with 3A's in the 90's, Sasha was landing quads prior to SLC, Gracie trains 3A's and 4S's in the pole harness, etc. There's even a video of Yuna attempting a 3A in practice. You have to evaluate the risk versus the gain, and unless your name is Midori Ito, it's almost always not worth it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    That would be one hell of a program, but unfortunately, I don't think it's likely. Not even Mao can consistently land ratified 3A's anymore, and she's been doing them in competition since 2004. Liza's body shape is no longer so willowy/slim (nor do I think it ever will be again) that she can rotate with the ease that you see in the video.

ETA @ gmyers: Many skaters train hard jumps without concrete plans to use them in competitive programs. Michelle did so with 3A's in the 90's, Sasha was landing quads prior to SLC, Gracie trains 3A's and 4S's in the pole harness, etc. There's even a video of Yuna attempting a 3A in practice. You have to evaluate the risk versus the gain, and unless your name is Midori Ito, it's almost always not worth it.
    It's sad that skaters accomplish something in practice but never do it where it would count as them having done it! Like at lizas first or second jrgp trying and landing a 3a could've been great but now it's gone and impossible!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    In the beginning of the season she looked noticeably thinner, and so did her sister Carly too, but actually Gracie seemed to be skating WORSE because of it.
    It is possible.
    Remember horrible skating of Gedevanishvili at 2012/2013, when she lost weight. Being fatter she skated much better.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    It is possible.
    Remember horrible skating of Gedevanishvili at 2012/2013, when she lost weight. Being fatter she skated much better.
    Exactly. Which is why Liza should be eating properly and when and if Mishin decides it would be beneficial for her to lose weight, she needs to make sure she does it properly, by being strict with WHAT she eats as opposed to skipping meals entirely. If she skips meals and does not eat enough during the day, she may lose weight but her body will retain her fat stores and she may end up putting on more fat, at least at first, due to activating starvation metabolism mode. Not to mention she'd probably have very little energy. Some of her changes in body type are also temporary, it is common for teenagers to go through a period where they appear thicker through the waist and buttocks before the distribution of one's weight shifts and they develop a more defined waist and hips, making them look slimmer when actually it's just a matter of coming into one's adult figure.

Custom Title
    I'm really surprised Radionova and Sakhamovich aren't mentioned a whole lot here, since they - at least technically - have some of the most difficult program layouts ever performed. I mean, 3Z+3T and 3F-1/2L-3S... are you kidding me! Tuktamysheva is a bit more ambitious than Sotnikova jumps-wise, but I think Sotnikova's overall programs are more intricate and better performed.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    I'm really surprised Radionova and Sakhamovich aren't mentioned a whole lot here, since they - at least technically - have some of the most difficult program layouts ever performed.
    It is most possibly because they are too young for Olympics-2014, while discussion is about Ladies who may take place in Olympics.

There are other young girls with high jumping performance.
    Medvedeva and Sotskova land 3F+3T and 3F+3T in FS, and Medvedeva lands one of them (3S+3T) in second half of program.

This season Junior Grand Prix, I believe, will be very interesting. Sakhanovich, Medvedeva, Sotskova, Proklova, Karen Chen, Polina Edmunds - so many newcomers of high level.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3