Which Russian lady has most difficult programs? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Which Russian lady has most difficult programs?

mskater93

Record Breaker
Yeah, we've all seen what one meal a day has done for Leonova's consistency. :rolleye: Sorry, this is NOT the right way for a teen to get healthy.

LRK

Record Breaker
seeing Tuks recent photos in VK, I will upgrade Tuk's chances as she looks like she is losing weight for the Olympics Season
Mishin must be drilling her eating habits

imo the one medal per day Mishin should consider as it will make Tuk's body lean in less than 3 months before the start of the season
it will also make her jumps bigger like in 2011.

I'm sure everyone would like a medal per day - though I suppose the charm will start to pall after a while...

As for one meal per day - yes, I'm sure weakness, dizzyness and assorted other sideaffects would be nothing but highly beneficial.

Country
Russia
can we stop including Pogorilaya ? she will get a Shelepen pcs range in seniors
unless the others implode realistically only 3 or maybe 4 are in a running for those 2 spots.
Pogorilaya on results of 2012/2013 season was 4th of age eligible for season 2013/2014 Ladies, after Adelina, Liza and Julia.
Nobody knows how will they (and others) progress or regress.
We will see.

Korobeynikova grew even taller and that will be even harder for her jumps now.
Korobeynikova had almost clean SP (step out on 3Lo) at SrNats, was 4th in SP (after Liza, Adelina, Elena Radionova, before Pogorilaya - by higher PCS, Pogorilaya's TES was 3 points higher), and after that corrupted FS.
Good SP, if remember that she at 2011/12 always had bad SP.

Gosvianai that was a one time fluke, she is a disaster i have followed her competitive national records since 2010
Problem of Gosviani is jumping instability.
Her only skating of season without serious mistakes was SrNats, when she made all elements on positive GOE (except 3 jumps in FS on slightly negative GOE). And was 6th, with score lower than 5th Pogorilaya on 6 points and higher than 7th Leonova on 1 point.
All competitions before and after SrNats she had serious mistakes on jumps (3 corrrupted jumping elements at SP+FS at Euro, for example).
If she will earn jumping stability, she has chance to be in "Russian elite". If not - not.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
can we stop including Pogorilaya ? she will get a Shelepen pcs range in seniors
unless the others implode realistically only 3 or maybe 4 are in a running for those 2 spots.

Korobeynikova grew even taller and that will be even harder for her jumps now.
Gosvianai that was a one time fluke, she is a disaster i have followed her competitive national records since 2010

We never got to see what kind of scores a healthy Shelepen would have got in seniors. She did a couple of B events way early last season then 1 GP where she was injured and bombed and that's it - we don't really know if she could have scored well if she was skating well and actually skated as a senior for more than 1/3 of one season...

Anyways, Pogorilaya has better basics than Shelepen and skates with a lot of speed. The Eurosport guys at JW said her skating was very powerful, as well, so I'm guessing that's why her PCS marks have been on the higher end for juniors this past season despite having no experience and a somewhat gangly appearance. Her PCS was 4th highest at JW, only 2-3 PCS points below Lipnitskaya in FS, and Lipnitskaya only beat her by 5 points there even though Pogorilaya had a much messier FS (and her SP mistakes with the level 1 spin and step-sequence stumbles were almost as costly as Julia's botched combo). Also, at JGPF, her PCS were right around the other girls there (and considerably higher than Keiser, actually), she was only 3 points off the PCS of Radionova and Miller in the FS and less than 2 behind Wang.

Pogorilaya got PCS of around 50 in the FS at JGPF and JW, quite a bit better than Shelepen at 14 actually who was getting more like 43-44 at those events. Polina only finally got to the PCS range Anna already reached in one international season in her 3rd international season, 2011-2012, where everyone thought she was basically a lock for the Europeans team and could even have a chance to medal there. She didn't make it to Euros because she had a meltdown in the SP at Nats, but she was skating very well that season otherwise and won 2 JGPs and 2nd at the JGPF.

So clearly, Pogorilaya is better from a PCS standpoint than Shelepen anyways, and Shelepen may have done well in seniors if she was healthy and stayed with Tutberize and actually competed for a whole season. The other thing is, none of the other girls in Russia right now have great PCS anyways. Adelina and Alena if she doesn't meltdown can get like 60+ PCS sure, but Pogorilaya is already in the range of Korobeynikova and Gosviani anyways, and not that far behind Lipnitskaya and Tuktamysheva, especially when Tuk does not skate her best. So if Anna continues to jump the way she did last season, I do think she could be in the mix to play spoiler for a spot on the Olympic team, I don't think it's very likely, but it could happen, and in terms of making it to Euros (where there are 3 spots) or Worlds (where one of the girls on the Olympic team might not chose to compete), the odds increase more. If Pogorilaya does not jump well, then I agree, her PCS won't be very strong and that combined with mistakes will drop her down the standings, but if she delivers the technical content, if this past season is any indication, her PCS will be fine enough to keep her in the hunt given her strong TES.

And Korobeynikova is obviously dangerous considering she was 2nd in the FS at Euros in 2012.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Yeah, we've all seen what one meal a day has done for Leonova's consistency. :rolleye: Sorry, this is NOT the right way for a teen to get healthy.

Leonova wasnt really much of a jumper nor with a good technique did she ?
eating 1 meal per day will weight in more benefits for Tuk than disadvantages, Tuk will lose alot of weight in 3 months time
and alot of the top skaters are leaner Yuna, Mao, Carolina, Ashley even Gracie lost weight !

she needs to keep her weight in control, I really hope Mishin is now monitoring Tuk's diet
she doesnt have the genetic body type seeing her mother's pics that is why she needs to work harder

ForeverFish

Medalist
Leonova wasnt really much of a jumper nor with a good technique did she ?
eating 1 meal per day will weight in more benefits for Tuk than disadvantages, Tuk will lose alot of weight in 3 months time
and alot of the top skaters are leaner Yuna, Mao, Carolina, Ashley even Gracie lost weight !

she needs to keep her weight in control, I really hope Mishin is now monitoring Tuk's diet
she doesnt have the genetic body type seeing her mother's pics that is why she needs to work harder

Oh, jeez. At this point, I don't even know if you're trolling or not, and I'm not sure I can bring myself to care. :rolleye:

As someone currently in the final stages of a weight-loss plan ( :yay: ), I can tell you from personal experience that not eating enough causes the body to retain its fat deposits out of necessity. Now, my situation isn't nearly the same as Liza's, but a human athlete can and will lose weight -- the HEALTHY way -- by eating well and burning calories in training. I'd also wager that Liza's percentage muscle mass is quite high, which should not make the process as arduous for her as it is for your average sedentary person. Self-starvation will make you skinny, not lean; scrawny, not fit. Liza need not be so hungry that she can barely move, let alone land triple jumps.

How do you know that Gracie lost weight? As far as I was aware, her weight hasn't been publicized on any reputable website; you're inventing facts to bolster your sinking position. You have to consider that Yuna, Mao, and Carolina are tall and lean by nature, whereas skaters like Gracie and Ashley are more visibly muscular -- but there is more than one body type that works for a figure skater (Yuna vs. Ashley, Gracie vs. Zijun, Tara vs. Alena, etc).

ForeverFish

Medalist
Gracie did look a bit slimmer then in the 2011-12 season i think.

Really? I had the opposite perception -- that her legs were more muscular this season than before.

Compare this picture (2012 JWC): http://rinksidecafe.wordpress.com/2012/04/20/potential-in-need-of-polish-gracie-gold/

With this picture (2013 Nationals): http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/news/20130128/u-s-figure-skating.ap/

It's my understanding that muscle weighs considerably more than adipose tissue. But she may have lost weight after all -- who knows? She's incredibly strong and healthy-looking, so it shouldn't be much of a concern.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Might be why she seemed slimmer last season she added muscle. But yes she does look healthy and when she moves you cans see the power she generates.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Gracie did look a bit slimmer then in the 2011-12 season i think.

In the beginning of the season she looked noticeably thinner, and so did her sister Carly too, but actually Gracie seemed to be skating WORSE because of it. Then it seemed like by Nationals she had put the weight she lost back on in muscle and was skating better because of it. Gracie also may have grown an inch or two taller since the 11-12 season so that may have been why she looked thinner at the beginning of the season. Weight loss will not always help in skating. Remember that season Miki got so thin and all her jumps were UR? Or what about Mao a couple seasons back when she looked frail and was not skating very strongly at all? Alena has been a mess since she started the eating one meal per day nonsense, and Gedevanishvilli reportedly does the same thing and was looking scary thin at Worlds, reportedly falling on everything in practice, and guess what - she didn't even qualify for the FS! So Liza better not go on some crazy diet because it could do more harm than good. If she or Mishin wants her to lose weight I'm sure she can find a nutritionist who will give her a plan to do it the right way. But really at 16 her body is still adjusting into it's adult state so really she doesn't need to be losing weight anyways, she's not overweight and I think nerves are messing up her jump consistency more than anything else honestly..

gmyers

Record Breaker
I think it's very unforunate to have had something of such seemingly good quality and never to have done it at even a jrgp once!!

ForeverFish

Medalist
I hope Liza can put this back in her arsenal in the future: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdkDLBmBFBU

That would be one hell of a program, but unfortunately, I don't think it's likely. Not even Mao can consistently land ratified 3A's anymore, and she's been doing them in competition since 2004. Liza's body shape is no longer so willowy/slim (nor do I think it ever will be again) that she can rotate with the ease that you see in the video.

ETA @ gmyers: Many skaters train hard jumps without concrete plans to use them in competitive programs. Michelle did so with 3A's in the 90's, Sasha was landing quads prior to SLC, Gracie trains 3A's and 4S's in the pole harness, etc. There's even a video of Yuna attempting a 3A in practice. You have to evaluate the risk versus the gain, and unless your name is Midori Ito, it's almost always not worth it.

gmyers

Record Breaker
That would be one hell of a program, but unfortunately, I don't think it's likely. Not even Mao can consistently land ratified 3A's anymore, and she's been doing them in competition since 2004. Liza's body shape is no longer so willowy/slim (nor do I think it ever will be again) that she can rotate with the ease that you see in the video.

ETA @ gmyers: Many skaters train hard jumps without concrete plans to use them in competitive programs. Michelle did so with 3A's in the 90's, Sasha was landing quads prior to SLC, Gracie trains 3A's and 4S's in the pole harness, etc. There's even a video of Yuna attempting a 3A in practice. You have to evaluate the risk versus the gain, and unless your name is Midori Ito, it's almost always not worth it.

It's sad that skaters accomplish something in practice but never do it where it would count as them having done it! Like at lizas first or second jrgp trying and landing a 3a could've been great but now it's gone and impossible!

Country
Russia
In the beginning of the season she looked noticeably thinner, and so did her sister Carly too, but actually Gracie seemed to be skating WORSE because of it.
It is possible.
Remember horrible skating of Gedevanishvili at 2012/2013, when she lost weight. Being fatter she skated much better.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
It is possible.
Remember horrible skating of Gedevanishvili at 2012/2013, when she lost weight. Being fatter she skated much better.

Exactly. Which is why Liza should be eating properly and when and if Mishin decides it would be beneficial for her to lose weight, she needs to make sure she does it properly, by being strict with WHAT she eats as opposed to skipping meals entirely. If she skips meals and does not eat enough during the day, she may lose weight but her body will retain her fat stores and she may end up putting on more fat, at least at first, due to activating starvation metabolism mode. Not to mention she'd probably have very little energy. Some of her changes in body type are also temporary, it is common for teenagers to go through a period where they appear thicker through the waist and buttocks before the distribution of one's weight shifts and they develop a more defined waist and hips, making them look slimmer when actually it's just a matter of coming into one's adult figure.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I'm really surprised Radionova and Sakhamovich aren't mentioned a whole lot here, since they - at least technically - have some of the most difficult program layouts ever performed. I mean, 3Z+3T and 3F-1/2L-3S... are you kidding me! :eek: Tuktamysheva is a bit more ambitious than Sotnikova jumps-wise, but I think Sotnikova's overall programs are more intricate and better performed.

Country
Russia
I'm really surprised Radionova and Sakhamovich aren't mentioned a whole lot here, since they - at least technically - have some of the most difficult program layouts ever performed.
It is most possibly because they are too young for Olympics-2014, while discussion is about Ladies who may take place in Olympics.

There are other young girls with high jumping performance.
Medvedeva and Sotskova land 3F+3T and 3F+3T in FS, and Medvedeva lands one of them (3S+3T) in second half of program.

This season Junior Grand Prix, I believe, will be very interesting. Sakhanovich, Medvedeva, Sotskova, Proklova, Karen Chen, Polina Edmunds - so many newcomers of high level.