Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Japan Open 2013 2014

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    At least JO is an international competition. The JSF has the say regardless of the organizers considerations. Since Fernandez is invited, there's no case that Hanyu had declined an offer due to Orser's conveniences . I think Hanyu was intentionally omitted in favor of Takahashi. The international judges don't treat Takahashi favorably when Hanyu is competing (like at NHK, 4CC). They just wanted to save face of former "Japan's ace". This is the last season for Takahashi. If he could skate well, the international judges would reward very generous scores (which is only possible in Japan) and make a good start of the season. There's no "worry" of Kozuka stealing the show from Takahashi.
    Fernandez and Kozuka belong to IMG. Hanyu doesn't. He has never competed at JO.
    The name of this event is Kinoshita Group Cup "Japan Open". Kinoshita Group is Dai's sponser. Naturally he is in the list.
    For these 4 years 2010-2013, entries of Japanese men have been fixed to these 2: Takahashi and Kozuka.
    It is simple.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeko666 View Post
    As far as I know, Hanyu is only in CIC events this summer, i.e. AOI, DOI and FaOI. He appeared in Asada's show The Ice (IMG) last summer, but not this year. JO is also an IMG event. Fernandez, who is also coached by Order, is with IMG now, and will perform at DOI, FaOI, The Ice and JO. It looks like Hanyu is avoiding IMG events. I have no idea who is managing him, but maybe he is bound to a contract to perform exclusively at CIC events?
    Then why was/is he "avoiding" WTT or NHK? Are they IMG too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paola D View Post
    Fernandez and Kozuka belong to IMG. Hanyu doesn't. He has never competed at JO.
    The name of this event is Kinoshita Group Cup "Japan Open". Kinoshita Group is Dai's sponser. Naturally he is in the list.
    For these 4 years 2010-2013, entries of Japanese men have been fixed to these 2: Takahashi and Kozuka.
    It is simple.
    That's not true. Yuzuru was in CaOI two years ago, which is an after-JO gala sponsored and managed by the same guys. Of course he got paid for the appearance in gala but I am sure it's far to be same sum as prize money at JO (short financial leash). Akiko Suzuki is IMG or Kinoshita? Oda, Nakano as well? PChan, Plushenko, Buttle, Wagner, etc. are all either IMG or Kinoshita? Oh well.

JO-2013 promotional video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttkwAsTIYgs

Custom Title
    I would like to see Elena Glebova getting a spot for Team Europe.
    I think that she would deserve it considering that she have improve a lot her jumping technic in the last season. She doesn't have any GP assignment this year, so it would give her a great opportunity to show off her skating
    She made also great improvment in term of presentation and I have love both of her programs last season, very unique and original choreography.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    But from the Yuzu's point they are actually not doing him any favour. He is not gaining popularity by not showing up in fs events and he is not earning any cent. That's why I never get all his mummies' fans, as if they want him to stay a poor fragile boy, without big name or cash in his pocket.
    I don't see the significance of attanding JO for Hanyu's popularity. He is popular enough already for having a secure spot on Olympic team. If Hanyu won an Olympic medal, his popularity will come with or without 2013 JO. I don't think he cared earning money this season either. He is young and has a bright future. More money will come once he has earned more medals.

Kozuka will be the one who should be careful on the possibility of being left off the Olympic team. I also don't think it's a great labor for Takahashi. It's a local event for him and it's only a pro-am event. Piece of cake. The burden of attanding JO in Olympic season will be on those eligible North American and European skaters.

Custom Title
    initial announcement of participants
    http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/japanopen2013/

Japan
    Asada
    Takahashi
    Kozuka --> looks very unreasonable
    1 Lady TBA

North America
    Wagner
    Rochette
    Buttle
    Reynolds

Europe
    Fernandez
    Brezina
    2 Ladies TBA
    maybe:
    Valentina Marchei
    Kiira Korpi

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CPWest View Post
    according to a fan report in the Shen&Zhao ice show last week, Rochette said "maybe" when she was asked whether she would be back for the Olympic season. She also said that it would be challenging to have her LP ready and plan to show up in the Japan Open. So stay tuned!
    FANTASTIC If Joannie is going to comeback, she's kept it low key, I would have thought should be making the announcement soon, I think she is probably along with a clean Akiko and Ashley the only three that could challenge Kim, Kostner And Asada, who so far are locked in for those sochi medals.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Then why was/is he "avoiding" WTT or NHK? Are they IMG too?
    That's not true. Yuzuru was in CaOI two years ago, which is an after-JO gala sponsored and managed by the same guys. Of course he got paid for the appearance in gala but I am sure it's far to be same sum as prize money at JO (short financial leash). Akiko Suzuki is IMG or Kinoshita? Oda, Nakano as well? PChan, Plushenko, Buttle, Wagner, etc. are all either IMG or Kinoshita? Oh well.

JO-2013 promotional video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttkwAsTIYgs

Wagner and Rochette are under the same IMG agent as well as Fernandez and Brezina ...

Custom Title
    Kanako Murakami and Irina Slutskaya were added to Japan Open

Murakami, Slutskaya, Oda, Machida and Takeshi Honda to Carnival on Ice

Kanako Murakami and Irina Slutskaya were added to Japan Open

Murakami, Slutskaya, Oda, Machida and Takeshi Honda to Carnival on Ice
    It is the first time for her at JO, right?

Custom Title
    It's Slutskaya's first appearance.

Hanyu is assigned to Finlandia Trophy (again).
    Maybe Orser is going with him.

Custom Title
    It's Slutskaya's first appearance.

Are you sure Slutskaya is assigned to Japan Open and NOT Medal Winners Open?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by russell30 View Post
    Are you sure Slutskaya is assigned to Japan Open and NOT Medal Winners Open?
    Seems YES; Irina will participate in Japan Open. I don't think there was any announcement on Medal Winners Open this year...Idk whether they've decided not to have MWO this year for some reason, e.g. due to the Olympic year, or they are not just interested in that competition anymore...Sigh. Actually, last year's MWO did not get much audience, even though very famous OGM-winning skaters Yagudin and Shizuka did participate. So they've concluded 'no business chance' in $$$-wise with this particular competition, maybe?

Custom Title
    Her jumps at the mwo showed that slutskaya still had it!! LP will be different of course but could not believe the jumps slutskaya still had!!

Custom Title
    WOW, in that case hopefully we will get Fernandez as well....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    WOW, in that case hopefully we will get Fernandez as well....
    No chance, unfortunately. Finlandia Trophy and Japan Open overlap, and Javier is already competing in the latter.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast