'Yuna Kids' aim to continue Korean star's legacy | Golden Skate

'Yuna Kids' aim to continue Korean star's legacy

Finnstep

Final Flight
SEOUL (Reuters) - Life as one of the 'Yuna Kids' demands sacrifices few 16-year-olds are willing to make, but for budding South Korean starlets Kim Jin-seo and Kim Hae-jin the chance to learn from the "mother of figure skating" is worth every second of a childhood spent on skates.
The first lady of South Korean sport, Kim Yuna has single-handedly made figure skating popular in a country where 44 of its 45 medals at the Winter Olympics have come in short track and speed skating.
Her gold medal-winning performance at the 2010 Vancouver Games left the nation spellbound and lifted her to a level of marketability few athletes could ever hope to achieve.
At 22, Yuna recognizes Sochi will be her last tilt at Olympic gold but she is determined to nurture the next generation of South Korean figure skaters to vie for titles when the Winter Games come to Pyeongchang in 2018.

Link to the article:http://sports.yahoo.com/news/yuna-kids-aim-continue-korean-stars-legacy-020627252.html

Good luck to Hae-Jin and Jin-Seo on upcoming competitions:)

Moment

Final Flight
Haejin and Soyeon are very talented skaters with beautiful presentation. I hope all the best for them. Jinseo too. :)

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Hae-Jin is very lovely but I definitely prefer So-Youn. :) She has gorgeous lines, nice posture, pointed feet and lovely overall presentation. She's capable of some nice jumps but she (and Hae-Jin) have to work on their consistency. Both are very good skaters but they will not get the attention they deserve unless they are able to find some consistency and make the judges notice them.