Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Zakrajsek sharing training regimen via social media starting July 1

There just seems to be MORE skaters in his stable getting injured severely and relying on his advice to push through it than other coaching teams. I think that is the point. There was also a promising skater who was coming through the ranks the same time as Rachel Flatt (who Tom Z BEGGED to come train with him, she was actually from Tulsa, I believe) who ended up leaving the sport due to a severe injury around the time of Flatt's back injury when she was Novice/Junior level.

Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    There just seems to be MORE skaters in his stable getting injured severely and relying on his advice to push through it than other coaching teams. I think that is the point. There was also a promising skater who was coming through the ranks the same time as Rachel Flatt (who Tom Z BEGGED to come train with him, she was actually from Tulsa, I believe) who ended up leaving the sport due to a severe injury around the time of Flatt's back injury when she was Novice/Junior level.
    which skater was that?

Victoria something. It's been so long I can't remember her last name.

Custom Title
    Victoria Rakohn?

Down With It
    Wow, he definitely is not highly thought of it seems...still though, I've always been curious as to BTS stuff and might check this out.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    It is the point that Tom z had nothing to do with czisny! Skaters skate injured all the time and coaches know they are injured and skate.

I didn't say anything about quitting the sport or changing coaches but not skating because you are injured and don't have to! Theyre employees of the skaters.
    Well, Yuzuru Hanyu skated on a sprained ankle at 2013 Worlds. Does that mean that Orser forced him to? Probably not. Most skaters aren't willing to sacrifice a season of hard work for an injury that they believe can be overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Victoria Rakohn?
    No, it wasn't Victoria Rakohn. As I said, I don't recall the last name but if someone wrote it, I would remember...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    Well, Yuzuru Hanyu skated on a sprained ankle at 2013 Worlds. Does that mean that Orser forced him to? Probably not. Most skaters aren't willing to sacrifice a season of hard work for an injury that they believe can be overcome.
    We are in agreement! Are my comments coming off as disagreement? Yes skaters skate because that is what they want a lot of the time!

Custom Title
    The point is Tom Z grooms his skaters to rely on him for advice and guidance. Then he encourages them to ignore pain and injury and compete while injured. When they don't skate well, he is nasty to them. Many of his most talented skaters have left him because they realize he doesn't have their best interest at heart (if he even HAS a heart, that is!).

I hate to see this man in the KnC for very young, talented skaters. Many a career has stagnated because of Tom Z.
    chuckm...I think you are choosing to be very diplomatic when you say 'Tom Z grooms his skaters to rely on him for advice and guidance"...I think perhaps better words would be "influence, intimidate or , and this may be alittle strong....bully " his skaters into doing what he expects, rather perhaps what is best for the athlete. JMO

Down With It
    Hmm...does anyone with actual experience with him support said claims?

Not trying to start anything, just genuinely curious...

Custom Title
    Watch Tom Z in the KnC after one of his skaters has had a bad performance. You can see how POd he is, and he makes no effort to disguise his annoyance.

Tom Z had the nerve to say "Didn't that feel good?" to Josh Farris after Josh suffered a more severe injury after being persuaded to skate at Nationals with an existing injury, and had a disastrous performance. Josh was crying and in severe pain when Tom made that comment.

Banned
    Watch Tom Z in the KnC after one of his skaters has had a bad performance. You can see how POd he is, and he makes no effort to disguise his annoyance.

Tom Z had the nerve to say "Didn't that feel good?" to Josh Farris after Josh suffered a more severe injury after being persuaded to skate at Nationals with an existing injury, and had a disastrous performance. Josh was crying and in severe pain when Tom made that comment.
    Wow. I hope that there is a decent chance that this comment from Tom Z was one of those "microphone pick ups" that makes for out-of-context potential misinterpretation.

Unfortunately, if you watch the whole KnC exchange, it's pretty hard NOT to interpret exactly what Chuckm wrote. It was pretty cringeworthy to watch.

Custom Title
    Joshua Farris 2011 US Nationals LP - Kiss n Cry exchange

I think at the moment when he says, "You know, you needed to keep twitching yesterday" (whatever that means) I wanted to actually commit murder.

(I love the crowd though. You can almost hear them going "DON'T CRY! PLEASE DON'T CRY!")

Banned
    Thanks for the unfortunate clarification. As we've seen since, Josh is quite a determined young athlete. Watching this vignette from one of the higher profile/critical points in their student/coach relationship, perhaps explains why Josh is no longer coached by Tom Z.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast