Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Skate Milwaukee

Rinkside

Skate Milwaukee

I am a long time "lurker" and first time poster. Is anyone planning to attend Skate Milwaukee? This will be my first live competition.

I will not be there, but Gracie and Carley Gold will be competing. Enjoy the experience.

Miserere Nobis
    Competition schedule:

http://comp.entryeeze.com/SingleRinkSched.aspx?id=517

Unfortunately, no list of competitors yet, but Gracie and Carly Gold are confirmed to be there.

You can only access the list of competitors if you are a competitor or coach with skaters at that competition. That being said, I did verify and Gracie and Carley will be there in Seniors along with at least one more of Alex O's students, and a long, long list of Juniors.

Welcome to GoldenSkate, sandjohnson. Post often, Post long!

Rinkside
    I saw that coach Johnny Johns has Davis and Brubaker listed as registered. I don't know if they will actually compete.

Rinkside
    I think you have to use this link and then click on view online schedule to see the schedule.

http://comp.entryeeze.com/Home.aspx?cid=297

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    You can only access the list of competitors if you are a competitor or coach with skaters at that competition. That being said, I did verify and Gracie and Carley will be there in Seniors along with at least one more of Alex O's students, and a long, long list of Juniors.
    That's a bummer. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gracie and Carly sweep the competition, though.

Does anyone know if there will be live-streaming of the event? If not, I'll have to pray that some YouTube user (looking at you, Carly ) is kind enough to post videos.

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjohnson View Post
    I am a long time "lurker" and first time poster. Is anyone planning to attend Skate Milwaukee? This will be my first live competition.
    Welcome! Be sure and come back and post your impressions. Those of us who don't get to competitions rely on your reports, especially during the "dry season" of figure skating.

Custom Title
    I hope there would be a fancam of Gracie's new SP/FS I'm really interested to see how Gracie improved her artistry with having Zoueva as her choreographer.

Custom Title
    I'm not expecting miracles and the Sleeping Beauty seems to be a bit to advanced for Gracie at this time. She needs something upbeat that plays to her power and speed. She's really not a skater that can skater to pwetty princess music.

Did you see the program, Jammers? If so, tech content that she put out? Program impressions?

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    Did you see the program, Jammers? If so, tech content that she put out? Program impressions?
    I'd also like to hear these first impressions.

Custom Title
    No i haven't seen the program but unless she's made huge improvements to her skating i'm not sure how she can pull of something like Sleeping Beauty. But Gracie does seem to know what needs to be done to take that next step so here's hoping that she does come off more mature this year.

Miserere Nobis
    Whatever we see at Skate Milwaukee will still be very much a work in progress. I'm interested in the music selections Gracie chose for her FS, because not ALL of Sleeping Beauty is "pretty princess" type music. We know the "Once Upon a Dream" rendition best, thanks to Disney, but that doesn't comprise the entirety of the ballet by any stretch of the imagination.

I don't think that Marina, Gracie, and Gracie's team are deluded as to what Gracie can realistically handle. This is the girl, after all, who figured out in two days how to leapfrog from 9th to 2nd at Nationals.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast