Skate Milwaukee | Golden Skate

Skate Milwaukee

sandjohnson

Rinkside
I am a long time "lurker" and first time poster. Is anyone planning to attend Skate Milwaukee? This will be my first live competition.

mskater93

Record Breaker
I will not be there, but Gracie and Carley Gold will be competing. Enjoy the experience.

mskater93

Record Breaker
You can only access the list of competitors if you are a competitor or coach with skaters at that competition. That being said, I did verify and Gracie and Carley will be there in Seniors along with at least one more of Alex O's students, and a long, long list of Juniors.

sandjohnson

Rinkside
I saw that coach Johnny Johns has Davis and Brubaker listed as registered. I don't know if they will actually compete.

ForeverFish

Medalist
You can only access the list of competitors if you are a competitor or coach with skaters at that competition. That being said, I did verify and Gracie and Carley will be there in Seniors along with at least one more of Alex O's students, and a long, long list of Juniors.

That's a bummer. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gracie and Carly sweep the competition, though.

Does anyone know if there will be live-streaming of the event? If not, I'll have to pray that some YouTube user (looking at you, Carly :) ) is kind enough to post videos.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am a long time "lurker" and first time poster. Is anyone planning to attend Skate Milwaukee? This will be my first live competition.

Welcome! Be sure and come back and post your impressions. Those of us who don't get to competitions rely on your reports, especially during the "dry season" of figure skating.

vera01

Final Flight
I hope there would be a fancam of Gracie's new SP/FS:) I'm really interested to see how Gracie improved her artistry with having Zoueva as her choreographer.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not expecting miracles and the Sleeping Beauty seems to be a bit to advanced for Gracie at this time. She needs something upbeat that plays to her power and speed. She's really not a skater that can skater to pwetty princess music.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Did you see the program, Jammers? If so, tech content that she put out? Program impressions?

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No i haven't seen the program but unless she's made huge improvements to her skating i'm not sure how she can pull of something like Sleeping Beauty. But Gracie does seem to know what needs to be done to take that next step so here's hoping that she does come off more mature this year.

ForeverFish

Medalist
Whatever we see at Skate Milwaukee will still be very much a work in progress. I'm interested in the music selections Gracie chose for her FS, because not ALL of Sleeping Beauty is "pretty princess" type music. We know the "Once Upon a Dream" rendition best, thanks to Disney, but that doesn't comprise the entirety of the ballet by any stretch of the imagination.

I don't think that Marina, Gracie, and Gracie's team are deluded as to what Gracie can realistically handle. This is the girl, after all, who figured out in two days how to leapfrog from 9th to 2nd at Nationals.

vera01

Final Flight
Would Gracie be skating both SP and FS at Skate Milwaukee? I was wondering if we'll also be able to see her new SP.

ForeverFish

Medalist
Thanks for the reply-now, I really hope that there would be a fancam of Gracie's new programs. She'll be one of the first top skaters to reveal their Olympic season programs.

There are a couple of YouTube users who have uploaded nice fancams of Gracie's events in the past. Carly Gold (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2GIAxAmDKL89VRst3IGGsA) and spiral9509 (http://www.youtube.com/user/spiral9509) come to mind immediately.

Gracie's programs will still be a long way from the final package when we see them, but I'm just impressed that she has both of them together already.