Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Skate Milwaukee

Custom Title
    Would Gracie be skating both SP and FS at Skate Milwaukee? I was wondering if we'll also be able to see her new SP.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    Would Gracie be skating both SP and FS at Skate Milwaukee? I was wondering if we'll also be able to see her new SP.
    I believe she is, yes.

Yes, it's a combined event ("championship")

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    I believe she is, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    Thanks for the reply-now, I really hope that there would be a fancam of Gracie's new programs. She'll be one of the first top skaters to reveal their Olympic season programs.

Miserere Nobis
    Thanks for the reply-now, I really hope that there would be a fancam of Gracie's new programs. She'll be one of the first top skaters to reveal their Olympic season programs.
    There are a couple of YouTube users who have uploaded nice fancams of Gracie's events in the past. Carly Gold (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2GIAxAmDKL89VRst3IGGsA) and spiral9509 (http://www.youtube.com/user/spiral9509) come to mind immediately.

Gracie's programs will still be a long way from the final package when we see them, but I'm just impressed that she has both of them together already.

Custom Title
    Here's few examples of Sleeping Beauty programs:

1.Angela Nikodinov, 2001 US Nationals FS:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGsMDXLyXxs
    2.Caroline Zhang, 2008 TEB:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfurCRASgck
    3.Anna Rechnio, 1999 Worlds FS:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_tdPEM4TeU
    4.Hae-Jin Kim, 2012-2013 JGP(Sencila Bled Cup) FS:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw8I6G0IrcA

Besides the waltz(Once Upon a Dream) part, I think Hae-Jin's music cut would work for Gracie as well

Miserere Nobis
    Wow, I never knew that Hae-Jin was such a marvelous spinner! I agree that her music would be great for Gracie, even if it's not entirely recognizable as Sleeping Beauty.

Gracie strongly resembles Anna in her speed and jumps; however, I think that Gracie is less rough in her attack and more...graceful. Excellent skate from Angela -- barely a blemish in that program.

Caroline's style is almost as polar from Gracie's as you can get, but her program was still, artistically, a delight to watch. I simply can't express how lovely her pearl spin is. Her toe technique, however, makes me wonder how she managed to rotate triples for so long. She desperately needed a technical coach.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    I believe she is, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    FWIW, at last year's Skate Milwaukee, Gold skated only her SP. She debuted her FS at Skate Detroit.

Miserere Nobis
    Well, tomorrow's the moment of truth. We'll get to see Gracie's new SP and how far she's progressed artistically.

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Well, tomorrow's the moment of truth. We'll get to see Gracie's new SP and how far she's progressed artistically.
    FINALLY! Something substantive to talk about on here!

I love seeing the debuts. Jason Brown's certainly got lot of attention; hopefully Gracie's will, too.

Custom Title
    And today is the day

Good luck, Gracie

Rinkside
    I just got home from watching the seniors compete at Skate Milwaukee. I don't know why, but Gracie Gold did not skate in the short program. As I entered the building I saw her. I didn't say anything but she smiled back at me. Maybe she will skate tomorrow. Davis and Brubaker did skate. Their score was 41.87. I was very impressed by how quiet their blades were. She fell on the sbs jump. She also fell on the throw jump. He fell on what looked like the beginning of the footwork section. That seemed to be a crazy mistake. Carly Gold won the short program by about 8 points. She skated to Carmen. Sorry I can't tell details because I am not good at identifying jumps.

If there is something specific to look for tomorrow in the long programs, please let me know.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjohnson View Post
    I just got home from watching the seniors compete at Skate Milwaukee. I don't know why, but Gracie Gold did not skate in the short program. As I entered the building I saw her. I didn't say anything but she smiled back at me. Maybe she will skate tomorrow. Davis and Brubaker did skate. Their score was 41.87. I was very impressed by how quiet their blades were. She fell on the sbs jump. She also fell on the throw jump. He fell on what looked like the beginning of the footwork section. That seemed to be a crazy mistake. Carly Gold won the short program by about 8 points. She skated to Carmen. Sorry I can't tell details because I am not good at identifying jumps.

If there is something specific to look for tomorrow in the long programs, please let me know.
    Thanks for the update! I hope you enjoyed your first live competition.

That's quite surprising about Gracie. Perhaps her short program isn't completely finished yet. Good to hear about Carly -- Carmen is an interesting choice for her.

Custom Title
    Thank you for your report, sandjohnson! Did you recognize Davis/Brubaker's SP music or type of music? I believe Gracie Gold plans to debut her FS (Tchaikovsky's Sleeping Beauty, choreographed by Marina Zoueva) tomorrow. Hope you enjoy watching the skating!

Thanks for the reports!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast