Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Skate Milwaukee

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Thank you for your report, sandjohnson! Did you recognize Davis/Brubaker's SP music or type of music? I believe Gracie Gold plans to debut her FS (Tchaikovsky's Sleeping Beauty, choreographed by Marina Zoueva) tomorrow. Hope you enjoy watching the skating!
    I did not recognize the specific music but it was latin/tango-ish. The had very good unison, I thought. Their choreography went with the music.

Custom Title
    Thank you, sandjohnson, for the reports!

About Gracie not skating her new SP, I'm not really surprized. I think she would've already announced the music before she skated to it.

And from Ice Network article month or two ago:
    "We're keeping the short program under wraps a little longer," she said.
    So I think(while we don't know the reason) she's purposely not saying anything about her new SP.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    Thank you, sandjohnson, for the reports!

About Gracie not skating her new SP, I'm not really surprized. I think she would've already announced the music before she skated to it.

And from Ice Network article month or two ago:

So I think(while we don't know the reason) she's purposely not saying anything about her new SP.
    I think Gracie was originally slated to skate the SP, but dropped out at the last minute. This could be because she's just not ready to perform it, or for the reason you mentioned -- she's got something up her sleeve that will be revealed to us later on.

Whatever the reason, she skates the FS in a few hours. Best of luck to her!

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjohnson View Post
    I just got home from watching the seniors compete at Skate Milwaukee. ....
    Carly Gold won the short program by about 8 points. She skated to Carmen. Sorry I can't tell details because I am not good at identifying jumps.
    sandjohnson, I too appreciate your reports.
    Happy for C. Gold.

Miserere Nobis
    According to Carly G:

So @GraceEGold's freeskate beat my total score...oops #embarrassing
    I will cautiously take this as a good sign.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Considering that Carly won the SP, a very good sign indeed!

Miserere Nobis
    According to Sylvia:

Heard @GraceEGold scored 113.96 in Sleeping Beauty FS debut at Skate Milwaukee, landing 4 triples incl. 3Lz3T w/ focus on choreo in 2nd half
    It sounds like she either had some mistakes, or an incomplete program. Anxiously awaiting videos/firsthand reports!

Edit: According to Gracie, via Twitter:

Haha the 2nd half was all doubles

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    According to Sylvia:

It sounds like she either had some mistakes, or an incomplete program. Anxiously awaiting videos/firsthand reports!

This cracks me up. She's scoring 113 with a second half of double jumps....?? Granted it's a domestic competition so the scores could be a bit inflated...but still....this does speak to how high her scoring potential is.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    According to Sylvia:

So, she probably didn't land her second 3Lz, her 3S and one other triple probably... What I'm interested about is the choreography, though! (4 triples with 3Lz+3T means that she probably landed her 2A+3T and the 3F then popped the loop, the second lutz and the salchow )

Given Gracie's "haha...the second half were double jumps..." quip it sounds like she planned to do it that way so she could focus on he choreography.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Given Gracie's "haha...the second half were double jumps..." quip it sounds like she planned to do it that way so she could focus on he choreography.
    That was my initial assumption, also. After all, it's a local competition, so she doesn't need to pull out all of the big stops. If she landed the 3Lz-3T, I could imagine she also landed another 3Lz, and perhaps the 3F. Her toe jumps are much stronger than her edge jumps, which would explain the high score.

Also, I would assume she received pretty good PCS, since her TES definitely didn't break/come close to 60.

Rinkside
    Just home from watching the long programs. I am not a jump expert, so I cannot give you details. Sorry. Gracie opened with a combination that looked like 3-3 to me. Then 2 more jumping passes that were triples. The long choreography section that came next was beautiful. She was exactly on the music with every little movement. Gorgeous. The second half was all doubles, so there is a lot of scoring potential there. Her costume was wonderful. Pink off the shoulder with silver "sparkles". The sparkles on the body of the dress were in an intricate pattern. She was clearly the class of the competition.

Davis and Brubaker did a monitoring session last night and were not expected to skate today. We did not wait to see if they actually skated.

Had a great time watching all of the skaters live. It is so much different (and better) than watching on TV. Makes me appreciate all of the information I find on this board. You guys must be taking notes like mad when you go to competitions and then post for us!

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by sandjohnson View Post
    Just home from watching the long programs. I am not a jump expert, so I cannot give you details. Sorry. Gracie opened with a combination that looked like 3-3 to me. Then 2 more jumping passes that were triples. The long choreography section that came next was beautiful. She was exactly on the music with every little movement. Gorgeous. The second half was all doubles, so there is a lot of scoring potential there. Her costume was wonderful. Pink off the shoulder with silver "sparkles". The sparkles on the body of the dress were in an intricate pattern. She was clearly the class of the competition.

Davis and Brubaker did a monitoring session last night and were not expected to skate today. We did not wait to see if they actually skated.

Had a great time watching all of the skaters live. It is so much different (and better) than watching on TV. Makes me appreciate all of the information I find on this board. You guys must be taking notes like mad when you go to competitions and then post for us!
    Thanks again for your meticulous reports, sandjohnson! We who can't attend the competitions live for recaps like these.

That's wonderful to hear about Gracie (and, yes, the opening combination was a 3-3) -- from your description, her long program sounds breathtaking.

Custom Title
    Coco wrote up detailed impressions of Gracie Gold's FS debut over at FSU and I added some more info, too: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3955138

Thanks again for sharing, sandjohnson!

Miserere Nobis
    Thanks, Sylvia! The reports so far sound very positive. Hopefully a fancam will pop up on YouTube in a few days.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast