Miki Ando is now mother of a baby girl! | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Miki Ando is now mother of a baby girl!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Miki looks fabulous in practice clothes, I'm noticing. Her costumes are usually so ugly which is a shame because she's so pretty. Hope she rocks Nebelhorn!

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Saw her practice video in Nebelhorn. She's looking better and better.
Did Miki suddenly become more expressive? I'm loving some bits of her Firebird already. Go Miki.

Miki looks fabulous in practice clothes, I'm noticing. Her costumes are usually so ugly which is a shame because she's so pretty. Hope she rocks Nebelhorn!

I've noticed that too, for some years. Simplicity is the best way to go for Miki, and one can certainly have dramatically simple skating costumes. Just remember Michelle Kwan's and Nancy Kerrigan's costumes by Vera Wang. Fluff and flounce don't go with those fabulous Ando cheekbones.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Wow, Miki looks great and this is early on in the season. Did she underrotate the triple lutz. She will be competitive that is for sure.

minze

Medalist
Good Miki, she does look goog. Ok. Akiko and Kanako you guys are put on noticed. Miki is ready to be one the top ladies in Japan.

yuki

Final Flight
Wow, Miki looks great and this is early on in the season. Did she underrotate the triple lutz. She will be competitive that is for sure.

No, but her 2Lo was marked as underrotated and her spins were level 2 and 3 (scores).

Still, well done, Miki! :clap:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow, Miki's program was a nice treat. 59 is pretty good for an early season score, especially with low spin levels (she can do Lvl 4). It may be a blood bath this year for those Olympic spots...

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I thought Miki's SP was a bit messy. It was ok. I get the message that she's doing it her way and all, but the music didn't go with the skating at all. She seemed to be feeling the music and skating to it, but it was just odd.
I can't believe Miki got her lutz back just like that.

Elena's score is huge. Remember a few years ago, when Mao was new, doing 3F-3Lo, 3Lz, big personality, big jumps, she could never dream of the kind of score Elena is getting. And she was a much better skater. It's odd that they are rewarding these girls with huge score for no remarkable effort.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
If I were Akiko, I'd be worried. Ando's got the jumps back, the 3lo was fabulous and the combo decent. The spins weren't great but she has time to work on them, and I doubt those will be as hard to work on as the triple jumps, which she already has. And physically, looking at her, I would have never known she had a baby freaking 5 months ago. She looks in top condition physically, and the jumps are what's most important, and it's still September so I expect the spins and the speed to improve as the season goes on. Things are getting exciting!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
If I were Akiko, I'd be worried. Ando's got the jumps back, the 3lo was fabulous and the combo decent. The spins weren't great but she has time to work on them, and I doubt those will be as hard to work on as the triple jumps, which she already has. And physically, looking at her, I would have never known she had a baby freaking 5 months ago. She looks in top condition physically, and the jumps are what's most important, and it's still September so I expect the spins and the speed to improve as the season goes on. Things are getting exciting!

and she got 3LZ-2Lo in no time she can get back her 3Lz-3Lo
now Suzuki will have Ando and Miyahara to worry about
and Suzuki seems to bomb when she is psyched

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Seriously, Miki looks more fit than ever.
Wasn't it a week ago someone said she can't even do 3S or something? All her jumps were gone or whatever.

Now, look at her, 3Lz, 3Lo, all money jumps are there.

Unless they enforce the Miki rule, if you don't win Nats, you can't go, the other girls better work for the last spot.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Seriously, Miki looks more fit than ever.
Wasn't it a week ago someone said she can't even do 3S or something? All her jumps were gone or whatever.

Now, look at her, 3Lz, 3Lo, all money jumps are there.

Unless they enforce the Miki rule, if you don't win Nats, you can't go, the other girls better work for the last spot.

I would be surprised if they impose the Miki must win nationals to go to Olympics
Suzuki isnt a Fed favorite and Miyahara has UR and microscopic jumps

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

Krislite

Medalist
I'm definitely liking Miki's new look, and her jumps (at least in the SP) look very good. As long as she's got that Lutz and Loop consistent (along with the Salchow and Toe) she could definitely shake up the Japanese ladies podium at Nationals.