Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Miki Ando is now mother of a baby girl!

Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Seriously, Miki looks more fit than ever.
    Wasn't it a week ago someone said she can't even do 3S or something? All her jumps were gone or whatever.

Now, look at her, 3Lz, 3Lo, all money jumps are there.

Unless they enforce the Miki rule, if you don't win Nats, you can't go, the other girls better work for the last spot.
    I would be surprised if they impose the Miki must win nationals to go to Olympics
    Suzuki isnt a Fed favorite and Miyahara has UR and microscopic jumps

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Miki looks fabulous in practice clothes, I'm noticing. Her costumes are usually so ugly which is a shame because she's so pretty. Hope she rocks Nebelhorn!
    That's because Morozov's taste wasn't good. But when she wore Tania Bass it was fine.
    http://taniabass.com/product.php?sid=custom-costumes

Gambatte, Max Aaron/"No letting off the gas pedal" golden411's Avatar
    From miki_m_ando on Instagram yesterday, ICYMI:
    Thank you very much to support me today for my first come back skating in competition after 2 1/2 seasons and giving birth my baby Makes my feel go for it thank you so so much<3 and I'll try to do my best tomorrow!!! Xoxo
    http://instagram.com/p/eu_ORnl_Li/
    https://twitter.com/M1K1_ANDO/status/383303135516958720

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    From miki_m_ando on Instagram yesterday, ICYMI:
    Thank you very much to support me today for my first come back skating in competition after 2 1/2 seasons and giving birth my baby Makes my feel go for it thank you so so much<3 and I'll try to do my best tomorrow!!! Xoxo
    http://instagram.com/p/eu_ORnl_Li/
    https://twitter.com/M1K1_ANDO/status/383303135516958720
    That is a beautiful photo! She is positively glowing. Motherhood suits her.

I'm definitely liking Miki's new look, and her jumps (at least in the SP) look very good. As long as she's got that Lutz and Loop consistent (along with the Salchow and Toe) she could definitely shake up the Japanese ladies podium at Nationals.

Custom Title
    Miki's FS was not good at all. 4 triples (3z, 3lo, 3s, 3t). Two spins were level2 and two level1, and her footwork was level2. She got low GOE for all her elements. She recycled her Firebird FS from her first Senior season, and the interpretation was at the same level as it was then: nil. Her PCS scores were inflated simply because she is a former World champion, but were certainly not reflective of what she put forth on the ice. It was a labored effort that looked every bit as hard for her as it was.

Yes, she did a good job getting this far back in shape, coming back from childbirth, but she is no way competitive with the top Japanese ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Miki's FS was not good at all. 4 triples (3z, 3lo, 3s, 3t). Two spins were level2 and two level1, and her footwork was level2. She got low GOE for all her elements. She recycled her Firebird FS from her first Senior season, and the interpretation was at the same level as it was then: nil. Her PCS scores were inflated simply because she is a former World champion, but were certainly not reflective of what she put forth on the ice. It was a labored effort that looked every bit as hard for her as it was.

Yes, she did a good job getting this far back in shape, coming back from childbirth, but she is no way competitive with the top Japanese ladies.
    The Free Skate definitely showed how much more work she needs to do to get competitive. Going off of the SP result, I thought she might be in better shape.

But keep in mind, it is September and Japanese Nationals is in late December. If she's brought herself this far having given birth six months ago, how much more can she improve her jumps and spins in three months? If she's determined, quite a lot I would assume, as long as she doesn't injure herself in the process. Miki has never needed sophisticated choreography or speed and skating skills to win.

Custom Title
    Actually, I think the thing to bear in mind is: Nebelhorn came out of the blue for Miki, due to Kiira's injury/withdrawal. I don't think she expected to be competing until the end of the year, at Japanese nationals... and her training was probably paced accordingly.

Add to that - she said in her interview for Japanese TV right after her SP, that her FS choreography was only completed 10 days ago.

So it's little wonder she skated so cautiously - I think she did a fine job under the circumstances. And I think that given another couple of months of training, the likes of Suzuki certainly can't afford a poor performance at the Japanese Nationals - or Miki could snatch a place on the Olympic team.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by YesWay View Post
    Actually, I think the thing to bear in mind is: Nebelhorn came out of the blue for Miki, due to Kiira's injury/withdrawal. I don't think she expected to be competing until the end of the year, at Japanese nationals... and her training was probably paced accordingly.

Add to that - she said in her interview for Japanese TV right after her SP, that her FS choreography was only completed 10 days ago.

So it's little wonder she skated so cautiously - I think she did a fine job under the circumstances. And I think that given another couple of months of training, the likes of Suzuki certainly can't afford a poor performance at the Japanese Nationals - or Miki could snatch a place on the Olympic team.

I appreciate the thoughtful and informed updates. People so quickly jump to (their own) conclusions. Perhaps more disturbing, is how they formulate opinions which they feel strongly enough to share, without any basis or concern that they may be quite poorly or inadequately informed about the circumstances.

Perhaps questions can be posed but bashing is so often simply ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Binthere View Post
    I appreciate the thoughtful and informed updates. People so quickly jump to (their own) conclusions. Perhaps more disturbing, is how they formulate opinions which they feel strongly enough to share, without any basis or concern that they may be quite poorly or inadequately informed about the circumstances.

Perhaps questions can be posed but bashing is so often simply ignorant.
    You are right.
    Miki herself says she is ashamed not being prepared enough.
    http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/news...htm?from=blist

Custom Title
    Miki has no reason to be ashamed. Like YesWay pointed out, she didn't anticipate skating this early in the season, but she rose to the challenge. Not a perfect skate, and she knows she needs to--and will--improve. But she's got the minimum score crossed her list now, and has one less thing to worry about. I bet that when we see her next time, the spins will be better, and she'll have more speed and power. Go Miki!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10