Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who are under rated underscored?

Who are under rated underscored?

IYHO, who fits this category this year or this quad? All four disciplines. Who are we missing because they are buried further down the list? Thanks. I have limited time and like you want to know id I'm missing quality skaters due to some unforgiveable cop flaw or judging.

Years ago I felt that way about various ladies and men in US. Examples were Jenny , Kirk, Amber Corwin, Tonia Kwiatkowski. Men, Matt Savoi in a big way, Dan Hollander way back. Who are the unsung heroes right now? TY.

I think Nan Song was a bit underscored at this last event (TEB) although I didn't see him at other events. Someone mentioned that his PCs were barely higher than Majorov's which I see as ridiculous. In the ladies Samantha Cesario may be a bit underscored although people say she is slow when you see her live. I can't think of any terribly underscored pairs at the moment. For dance P/B may have been underscored in the SD at C of C. It's hard to say. Scores were generally low at that event.

Oh yeah and Coomes and Buckland aren't placing as well as in previous seasons but I would say they haven't been skating quite as well.

Custom Title
    I find that the Chinese singles skaters as a group are underscored.

Custom Title
    Samantha Cesario for sure ,Gilles/Poirier at NHK,

Custom Title
    Amelie Lacoste and Haruka Imai are terribly underscored in the PCS department. Good basics and details in choreography.

Custom Title
    Christiana GAO was underscored for years.

Christina Gao and Haruka Imai, I am always baffled by how low their presentation score is, despite their beautiful skating

Sometimes I wonder whether more international success and medals, would get them more attention and recognizen. But it just seems like they aren't as well liked by the judges for some reason, because I have often seen them produce good solid performances but their pcs just always remains the same despite that. Lack of opportunity is definitely not an excuse for the judges to lowbell them.

I feel Samantha is not appreciated-a gem...why tho?

Custom Title
    After watching Christina Gao at Eric Bompard - I no longer think she's underscored. I just think she's a good skater but not a great skater and she's not a competitor when it counts. I think her posture and her delivery is lacking.

Samantha on the other hand is just young and not fully evolved yet. She and Gracie Gold will experience a wonderful competitive future.

Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    After watching Christina Gao at Eric Bompard - I no longer think she's underscored. I just think she's a good skater but not a great skater and she's not a competitor when it counts. I think her posture and her delivery is lacking.

Samantha on the other hand is just young and not fully evolved yet. She and Gracie Gold will experience a wonderful competitive future.
    I hope so, San is so delicate, like Kristi, Katia, Mao. Sge's lovely, great performances,

Christina Gao & Samantha Caesario

Matt Savoie, many American ice dance teams pre-Tanith/Ben - internationally (Punsalan & Swallow, Roca & Sur, Lang & Tchernyshev, Gregory/Petukhov)

Custom Title
    Amelie Lacoste i think is underscored in goe and PCS

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8ingcoach View Post
    Amelie Lacoste i think is underscored in goe and PCS
    I agree!

Custom Title
    I would say Amelie Lacoste, Samantha Cesario and Elena Glebova

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast