Czisny preparing for one last run at Olympic glory | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Czisny preparing for one last run at Olympic glory

centerpt1

On the Ice
I really don't think that's too bad considering, and I would almost bet she (and her coaches) were playing it "safe" and not putting everything she has out there just yet. This wasn't a big event, the whole purpose was just to get out there in front of the judges again after basically missing all of last season. It's more of a warm up than anything else.

Last thing they want is for her to get injured again. She's still working to get her triples back, right?

Selene

On the Ice
I want to see the protocol to see what jumps Czisny attempted/landed, but those scores are not encouraging. They are worse than what Agnes and Gracie received for their trainwreck performances in SLC.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I want to see the protocol to see what jumps Czisny attempted/landed, but those scores are not encouraging. They are worse than what Agnes and Gracie received for their trainwreck performances in SLC.

I think it is too early to worry. It had to be kind of scary since at the last summer competition in Wisconsin (last fall) she dislocated her hip. She still has time to train.

I'm not positive about this particular competition, but some of them do not publish the protocols.

Nigel

On the Ice

Have the judges sheets been provided for this event? I would hate to see her aggravate the surgically repaired hip.

Pepe Nero

On the Ice
Have the judges sheets been provided for this event? I would hate to see her aggravate the surgically repaired hip.

There's got to be someone with news on this event. Decent but disappointing scores from AC. What did she attempt?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
The scores aren't that bad and one would hope she did some triples in the short or tried them as that is an awfully high score - that means we are saying her pcs are phenomenal above Kim and Chan which they shouldn't be. That wouldn't be a horrible score overall even at worlds. No not winning and probably not to make the Olympic team (especially with the US national inflation) Beautiful skating still requires some triples maybe not as much.

Binthere

On the Ice
Each time that Alissa steps out on to the ice this season, I will be hoping for her to skate from her heart and take a bow with a true smile on her face. This is not to say that I expect her to "win" or post huge scores or land triple-triples. I simply have always sensed that at this stage in her career, it is about so much more to her on a personal level. It will be a wonderful moment if she is able to skate with her heart as I expect the fans in Boston to embrace her in one of the memorable moments for the event.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is she going to show up at Eastern Great Lakes Regionals this weekend? She isn't scheduled for any internationals in the next week or so, so she HAS to do EGL if she wants to go to Sochi.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
After seeing the video last year of her injuring herself during a competition, I just am afraid to watch her skate now. 2006 was her year to go to the Olympics, she was coming off a great fall season, and then just Alissa'd at Nationals. I just hope she gets through the season, doesn't reinjure herself, and can leave competitive skating feeling she tried this season. It's admirable she's tried to get back into national level shape.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Actually, I think 2010 was Czisny's best shot at the Olympics...if she stood up, you know the judges would have found a way to make her win (again)...

She had an outside chance in 2006 as well.

Her window of opportunity (for Olympics) was open...and she failed to walk through it. The injuries have effectively closed that window.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

tulosai

Record Breaker
Yes she will, per Ice Network: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2013/10/04/62411314/2014-us-qualifying-season-begins-saturday

The competition started today, but Senior Ladies events are on Sunday and Monday.

I am very optimistic the event will go well for her. If she can post the same scores she posted at t Clair she should easily get through.

For those who don't think the scores sound promising, I quite strongly disagree. Considering everything, I think those are very solid scores for now. Will they get her to the Olys? Of course not, but there is still some time between now and then, and I think assuming a bit of improvement before Sectionals (need not be much, actually) she is sure to get a Nationals spot.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Actually, I think 2010 was Czisny's best shot at the Olympics...if she stood up, you know the judges would have found a way to make her win (again)...

She had an outside chance in 2006 as well.

Her window of opportunity (for Olympics) was open...and she failed to walk through it. The injuries have effectively closed that window.

I know I should just look this up, but didn't Alissa win the GPF championships heading into Nationals? I'm getting old and senile, but I somehow seem to remember that. Alissa with just decent skates would have placed over Emily Huge. It most definitely was 2006, and I told myself I'm never going to a pre-Oly Nats. Alissa had it on a PLATTER. Meissner wasn't even going for her "3axel". She was all set up, yet for a perfectionist that she claimed to be, there was very little perfection in her skating and skating spirit. She Alissa'd and fell about five times. It's like, how can you win a Grand Prix Final and then fall all over the place for Olympic Trials? She lost me as a fan, and her skating got so tight and tentative, like Bambi on Ice. She did indeed get a National title but I thought by then I thought women's skating was more than just scared cross overs and scared entrances going into jumps. But USFS disagreed. Who would Alissa have replaced in 2010? I guess Nagasu, even though she should have won that title. Makes you wonder what shenanigans are going on leading up to Sochi. I just hope Alissa can show she can make Nationals (which is a pretty darn good achievement, to be the best 20 skaters in the country).

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I know I should just look this up, but didn't Alissa win the GPF championships heading into Nationals? I'm getting old and senile, but I somehow seem to remember that. Alissa with just decent skates would have placed over Emily Huge. It most definitely was 2006, and I told myself I'm never going to a pre-Oly Nats. Alissa had it on a PLATTER. Meissner wasn't even going for her "3axel". She was all set up, yet for a perfectionist that she claimed to be, there was very little perfection in her skating and skating spirit. She Alissa'd and fell about five times. It's like, how can you win a Grand Prix Final and then fall all over the place for Olympic Trials? She lost me as a fan, and her skating got so tight and tentative, like Bambi on Ice. She did indeed get a National title but I thought by then I thought women's skating was more than just scared cross overs and scared entrances going into jumps. But USFS disagreed. Who would Alissa have replaced in 2010? I guess Nagasu, even though she should have won that title. Makes you wonder what shenanigans are going on leading up to Sochi. I just hope Alissa can show she can make Nationals (which is a pretty darn good achievement, to be the best 20 skaters in the country).

She won GPF in 2010-2011. She did make the GPF in the 2005-2006 season, finishing 1st at Skate Canada and second at Skate America. It did look like she was on the path to that Olympic team.

I do agree with RD she had a good shot in 2010. She was the reigning national champion, after all.

tulosai

Record Breaker
She won GPF in 2010-2011. She did make the GPF in the 2005-2006 season, finishing 1st at Skate Canada and second at Skate America. It did look like she was on the path to that Olympic team.

I do agree with RD she had a good shot in 2010. She was the reigning national champion, after all.

I think she had a very good shot both times. It is really a pity what has happened to her in general. She truly is a beautiful skater.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Given the recent scores and skates of Gold, Zawadzki, and Gao at early international events, it would appear that Czisny with her 148 score at that local competition is not too far behind the curve in terms of how most of the contenders are skating at this point in the season. With Zawadzki scoring in the 90s for her FS and Gold and Gao barely breaking 100, we assume that in the time between now and Nationals, those marks will go up a lot. I expect them to, too, however provided Czisny is healthy I don't see why she can't make the same kind of progression in time for Nationals and be in contention for the 3rd spot.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alissa is skating at Eastern Great Lakes Regionals. The Senior Ladies SP is Monday at 5:55 EDT; the FS is Tuesday at 12:35 EDT. The competition is nothing to worry about. For those who have access to IceNetwork, the results are live and eventually there will be a video of the competition for paid members.