Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Czisny preparing for one last run at Olympic glory

Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    She's in Eastern Great Lakes (MI, OH, KY, IN, TN, AL). If she goes to CoN, she gets a bye through Mids (assuming she makes top 4 out of EGLs). She'd have a more difficult time at Upper Great Lakes than EGLs.
    Sorry, I put UGL instead of Eastern Great Lakes....even though I had the correct dates. But I guess I'm still confused. I thought the conflicting international had to be within 14 days of regionals. Eastern Great Lakes ends on October 8 and Cup of Nice starts on October 23.....15 days after regionals. Would she still receive a bye through regionals if it is 15 days after regionals?

Midwestern Sectionals start on November 19 which is 22 days after the conclusion of Cup of Nice so I thought that was way outside the time frame for a bye. Maybe google will lead me to an answer? Or, anyone know what the rules say?

Custom Title
    The rule says two weeks (14 days). I don't see that Cup of Nice keeps Alissa out of either Regionals or Sectionals. It's almost as if Alissa expects to receive byes through both.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    The rule says two weeks (14 days). I don't see that Cup of Nice keeps Alissa out of either Regionals or Sectionals. It's almost as if Alissa expects to receive byes through both.
    Does anyone know what local competition is being referred to in the quote below (I believe) from Jason Dungjen? And would this local competition have any bearing on Alissa's regional or sectional appearance(s)?

"She is doing a local competition in September, because obviously she has to do something 35 days before [an international assignment]."
    http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2013/08/26/58200968 (Aug 26).

Thanks...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippi1963 View Post
    Does anyone know what local competition is being referred to in the quote below (I believe) from Jason Dungjen? And would this local competition have any bearing on Alissa's regional or sectional appearance(s)?

"She is doing a local competition in September, because obviously she has to do something 35 days before [an international assignment]."
    https://www.usfigureskating.org/event_listings.asp

Probably the Shores Autumn Classic in St. Clair Shores, MI.
    http://www.scsfsc.org/

No, club competitions have no bearing whatsoever on qualifying competitions such as regionals.

Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    https://www.usfigureskating.org/event_listings.asp

Probably the Shores Autumn Classic in St. Clair Shores, MI.
    http://www.scsfsc.org/

No, club competitions have no bearing whatsoever on qualifying competitions such as regionals.
    i was going to say the same about st. clair shores. i used to compete there when i was younger.

i could see her getting a bye through regionals but not mids since it's been so long. i don't think she'd have a problem getting to nats with a watered down routine even with the competiton there; i think the judges would want to get her there and obviously with her PCS and spins she'd blow everyone else out of the park. i'd love to see her there too since i will be volunteering

Quote Originally Posted by Tippi1963 View Post

Thanks...
    She's doing St Claire Shores this weekend, she's on the start list on sk8stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    She's doing St Claire Shores this weekend, she's on the start list on sk8stuff.
    Will there be any news/results about it?

Custom Title
    Bumping up to see if there's any reports about Alissa at St Claire Shores this weekend.

Alissa received 50.21 short program 98.58 long program which would be total of 148.79

Quote Originally Posted by LEESTARR View Post
    Alissa received 50.21 short program 98.58 long program which would be total of 148.79
    That's worrying, especially the SP score... Any news about jumps/layout? I hope it was just a bad performance and that this isn't her preparation level at the moment...

Any video??? I would like to see so much!!!

Custom Title
    Alissa was the only senior lady competing.

Tripping on the Podium
    I've heard from the skating lesson which had Doug Razzano as a guest that he said that Alissa was whining at a summer exhibition that why is she doing triples?! I wish her the best in her professional career.

Custom Title
    She could probably achieve these scores with no triples.

Medalist
    I really don't think that's too bad considering, and I would almost bet she (and her coaches) were playing it "safe" and not putting everything she has out there just yet. This wasn't a big event, the whole purpose was just to get out there in front of the judges again after basically missing all of last season. It's more of a warm up than anything else.

If you compare the scores to SLC, she would have come in 5th there, in between Agnes and Amelie.. which isn't great, but it's really not that bad either. It is early in the season, no one is really at their full potential yet.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast