Czisny preparing for one last run at Olympic glory | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Czisny preparing for one last run at Olympic glory

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
The requirement was a triple jump combo and she did 2t+2t, hence a mandatory -3 GOE.
I don't know about the 2a, but it probably was the landing. We will know in a week or so when the videos become available.

That explains the slew of -3's for the other skaters doing 2Lz combos. Eek.

leafygreens

Final Flight
The requirement was a triple jump combo and she did 2t+2t, hence a mandatory -3 GOE.
I don't know about the 2a, but it probably was the landing. We will know in a week or so when the videos become available.

:thumbsup:

carriecmu0503

On the Ice
Alissa just got a 94.89 in her long program at Regionals. Not bad at all! At least, not bad for this point in the season. It will be interesting to see the protocol.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Alissa just got a 94.89 in her long program at Regionals. Not bad at all! At least, not bad for this point in the season. It will be interesting to see the protocol.

Yes. I actually think she will probably be able to make it through sectionals if she goes that route instead of having a senior B. Obviously this is not currently a high enough score to be competitive for the third spot (and the score is probably higher than she'd get internationally where most of the other ladies have been competing) but it's a very solid start to her season IMO.

Dying for the protocols.

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Yes. I actually think she will probably be able to make it through sectionals if she goes that route instead of having a senior B. Obviously this is not currently a high enough score to be competitive for the third spot (and the score is probably higher than she'd get internationally where most of the other ladies have been competing) but it's a very solid start to her season IMO.

Dying for the protocols.

Me too. I wonder if she landed any clean triples, or if the score is solely based on strong spins and PCS. If she did indeed land some triples, then I have hope for her Olympics prospects.

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Me too. I wonder if she landed any clean triples, or if the score is solely based on strong spins and PCS. If she did indeed land some triples, then I have hope for her Olympics prospects.

She only attempted one triple....an under rotated lutz which she fell on. Other than that, all doubles, including two completed double axels.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alissa's FS: 2a+2t, 3z<↓, 2t, 2z+2t, 2a, 2f, 2lo+2t TES 41.63, PCS 54.26 -1.00 = 94.86

L4 on two spins, L3 on layback, L2 on footwork.

She got mostly +1 GOE on the double jumps, +1 and +2 on the L4 spins and footwork, and +3 on the layback

tulosai

Record Breaker
Here you go: http://www.usfigureskating.org/lead...14_eastern_great_lakes_regionals/results.html

Not a single clean triple. 3Z was <

Spins, steps and PCS contributed to the score.

She didn't need to do triples however at this competition. She will need to do them at Midwestern sectionals.

Yes. She also really has to get her step sequence to at least a level 3, and all of her spins should be level 4. She can't afford to throw away any points if the triples might not all be there.

nam57

Rinkside
That is a crazy high score for no triples! I don't think this could possibly happen international???

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
One wonders if she has enough time to get her triples back. I am not sure the judges will be so generous internationally. I guess she is like Sasha and scores big on those spins. The score is great for literally no completely rotated triple.

skatel80

On the Ice
Oh dear.... Im sure shes landing at least some triples in practice but if she doesn't land them at sectionals she has no chance to got to nationals, The Midwestern section is tough, Cain, Long, Bell, etc... Did carly gold switch sections? It will really be tough for alissa , even if she ups her step levels and spins she wont beat these girls without the jumps. As much as I love Alissas Beautiful skating I don't know why people are saying she needs an international to get the score for the Olympics, I really think that is the least of her worries at the moment...

tulosai

Record Breaker
Oh dear.... Im sure shes landing at least some triples in practice but if she doesn't land them at sectionals she has no chance to got to nationals, The Midwestern section is tough, Cain, Long, Bell, etc... Did carly gold switch sections? It will really be tough for alissa , even if she ups her step levels and spins she wont beat these girls without the jumps. As much as I love Alissas Beautiful skating I don't know why people are saying she needs an international to get the score for the Olympics, I really think that is the least of her worries at the moment...

She does not need as many triples as Cain Long Bell etc to make it out of secitonals if she maxes out levels on spins and steps is all that I meant. She does need triples, make no mistake. However, she will pick up points they won't on spins and steps, and she will probably have slightly higher PCS than them. I do believe she can make it out of sectionals, but she needs some triples and she needs not to throw points away.

We are talking about Senior B's because of a few things (not just score for Olys). One is that she might be able to use a senior B to get out of Sectionals and get a bye to Nationals. IMO that would be a good move for her. It would ensure her a nationals spot and enable her to get the scores she needs for Olys and Worlds in the event (admittedly unlikely) that she gets a spot. I do think you are discounting her a bit more than you should. She has a huge uphill battle but it is still very early in the season and crazier things have happened.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Skaters have to demonstrate they are ready for international competition to get B assignments. Does anyone truly believe USFS will send Alissa to a Senior B if she was unable to do any triples at Regionals?

ana

On the Ice
Skaters have to demonstrate they are ready for international competition to get B assignments. Does anyone truly believe USFS will send Alissa to a Senior B if she was unable to do any triples at Regionals?

She is two time US Champion. She didn't need triples for win Regionals. Senior B Competition will be another day, another story. Go Alissa!:biggrin:

Alissa's FS: 2a+2t, 3z<↓, 2t, 2z+2t, 2a, 2f, 2lo+2t TES 41.63, PCS 54.26 -1.00 = 94.86

L4 on two spins, L3 on layback, L2 on footwork.

She got mostly +1 GOE on the double jumps, +1 and +2 on the L4 spins and footwork, and +3 on the layback

Oh, that doesn't sound good. The most recent Olympics she could qualify for would be 1976. And I'm a huge fan of hers—but this will not compute.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
LOL, she should just go out there and do a bunch of Double Lutzes. They are worth a good amount of points. Look at the base value for this layout:

2Lutz+2Loop
2Axel
2Lutz
----
2Lutz+2Toe+2Loop
2Axel+2Toe
2Lutz
2Lutz

24.7 in base value from the jumps. If she gets +1 GOE on them all, that is an extra 2.5 points.
9.7 in base value from spins (two Level 4 CCoSp and a Level 4 Layback). She should be able to get +2 on the combination spins and +3 on the Layback, so that's an extra 3.5 points.
5.3 in base value from footwork sequences (Level 3 step sequence + Choreography Sequence). Should be able to get +1 on the footwork and +2 on the choreography sequence (use those spirals girl!), so that's an extra 1.9 points.

Total Technical Score = 47.6
Program Components = 60? Shouldn't be hard to get at least this if she really performs. Can do a lot of transitions as well when you're just doing all double jumps. ^_^

Total Score = 107.6

That's a ticket to Nationals for sure. Give herself more time to train the Triples.

skatel80

On the Ice
She does not need as many triples as Cain Long Bell etc to make it out of secitonals if she maxes out levels on spins and steps is all that I meant. She does need triples, make no mistake. However, she will pick up points they won't on spins and steps, and she will probably have slightly higher PCS than them. I do believe she can make it out of sectionals, but she needs some triples and she needs not to throw points away.

We are talking about Senior B's because of a few things (not just score for Olys). One is that she might be able to use a senior B to get out of Sectionals and get a bye to Nationals. IMO that would be a good move for her. It would ensure her a nationals spot and enable her to get the scores she needs for Olys and Worlds in the event (admittedly unlikely) that she gets a spot. I do think you are discounting her a bit more than you should. She has a huge uphill battle but it is still very early in the season and crazier things have happened.

I would be shocked If the USFSA even considered sending her to a senior B after this. As chuckm said, skaters must demonstrate they are ready for international competition. It would be unfair to other skaters who are competing well at the moment but getting no assignments for alissa to be sent. It would be better to send one of the other girls from that section to help alissa advance to nationals. TBH I don't think I am discounting her any more than I should, She is doing well to be coming back from such a catastrophic injury and to be competing and I really wish the best for her, but I think the Olympics are unrealistic, Czisny did not land one clean triple here, Hicks, wagner , Gold and even nagasu are way ahead

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Gosh, her practices are always like this. I so want her to at least get back to Nationals and if she does only doubles, then great. She deserves one last Nationals. She has been such a polite ambassador to USFS and has always had such integrity. Yeah, the Olympics are out. But come on, let's be able to see her one last time at Nationals. Even if she only does all doubles. I just want to see her skate free and happily.

LRK

Record Breaker
I think the question is really WHY Alissa only did doubles.

Did she do them because she couldn't do triples?

Or because she chose not to because a) she did not need them, and b) she did not want to risk aggravating her injury this early on, and decided to work herself up in time to harder content.

I have no idea which it is - I'm curious as to what it may be. If she is unable to compete triples, and continues to be unable - then that would be the end of it. But we don't know if that is the case. So, I suppose, we'll have to wait and see.