Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Czisny preparing for one last run at Olympic glory

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahspins View Post
    I really don't think that's too bad considering, and I would almost bet she (and her coaches) were playing it "safe" and not putting everything she has out there just yet. This wasn't a big event, the whole purpose was just to get out there in front of the judges again after basically missing all of last season. It's more of a warm up than anything else.
    Last thing they want is for her to get injured again. She's still working to get her triples back, right?

Tripping on the Podium
    I've heard that she's landing everything by the 3lo.

Custom Title
    I want to see the protocol to see what jumps Czisny attempted/landed, but those scores are not encouraging. They are worse than what Agnes and Gracie received for their trainwreck performances in SLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    I want to see the protocol to see what jumps Czisny attempted/landed, but those scores are not encouraging. They are worse than what Agnes and Gracie received for their trainwreck performances in SLC.
    I think it is too early to worry. It had to be kind of scary since at the last summer competition in Wisconsin (last fall) she dislocated her hip. She still has time to train.

I'm not positive about this particular competition, but some of them do not publish the protocols.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Have the judges sheets been provided for this event? I would hate to see her aggravate the surgically repaired hip.

I got your program components right here. Pepe Nero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Have the judges sheets been provided for this event? I would hate to see her aggravate the surgically repaired hip.

There's got to be someone with news on this event. Decent but disappointing scores from AC. What did she attempt?

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe Nero View Post
    There's got to be someone with news on this event. Decent but disappointing scores from AC. What did she attempt?
    Pepe, I really hope that you will read my reply .... which is posted in the Twitter thread. (You'll see why. ] Thanks.
    It's post #8 over there.

Custom Title
    The scores aren't that bad and one would hope she did some triples in the short or tried them as that is an awfully high score - that means we are saying her pcs are phenomenal above Kim and Chan which they shouldn't be. That wouldn't be a horrible score overall even at worlds. No not winning and probably not to make the Olympic team (especially with the US national inflation) Beautiful skating still requires some triples maybe not as much.

Custom Title
    Each time that Alissa steps out on to the ice this season, I will be hoping for her to skate from her heart and take a bow with a true smile on her face. This is not to say that I expect her to "win" or post huge scores or land triple-triples. I simply have always sensed that at this stage in her career, it is about so much more to her on a personal level. It will be a wonderful moment if she is able to skate with her heart as I expect the fans in Boston to embrace her in one of the memorable moments for the event.

Custom Title
    Is she going to show up at Eastern Great Lakes Regionals this weekend? She isn't scheduled for any internationals in the next week or so, so she HAS to do EGL if she wants to go to Sochi.

Sometimes bad skating happens to good people... LiamForeman's Avatar
    After seeing the video last year of her injuring herself during a competition, I just am afraid to watch her skate now. 2006 was her year to go to the Olympics, she was coming off a great fall season, and then just Alissa'd at Nationals. I just hope she gets through the season, doesn't reinjure herself, and can leave competitive skating feeling she tried this season. It's admirable she's tried to get back into national level shape.

Down With It
    Actually, I think 2010 was Czisny's best shot at the Olympics...if she stood up, you know the judges would have found a way to make her win (again)...

She had an outside chance in 2006 as well.

Her window of opportunity (for Olympics) was open...and she failed to walk through it. The injuries have effectively closed that window.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamForeman View Post
    After seeing the video last year of her injuring herself during a competition, I just am afraid to watch her skate now.
    I'm with you. I don't know if I would be able to watch her live.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Is she going to show up at Eastern Great Lakes Regionals this weekend? She isn't scheduled for any internationals in the next week or so, so she HAS to do EGL if she wants to go to Sochi.
    Yes she will, per Ice Network: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2013/...egins-saturday

The competition started today, but Senior Ladies events are on Sunday and Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Yes she will, per Ice Network: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2013/...egins-saturday

The competition started today, but Senior Ladies events are on Sunday and Monday.
    I am very optimistic the event will go well for her. If she can post the same scores she posted at t Clair she should easily get through.

For those who don't think the scores sound promising, I quite strongly disagree. Considering everything, I think those are very solid scores for now. Will they get her to the Olys? Of course not, but there is still some time between now and then, and I think assuming a bit of improvement before Sectionals (need not be much, actually) she is sure to get a Nationals spot.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast