Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Czisny preparing for one last run at Olympic glory

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Here are the results:http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...s/SEGM019.html

Alissa did not do a single triple: 3Z was <<, combo was 2T-2T and a 2A. Spins were good as always, Level 2 step sequence, but solid GOE

But it's worth noting that at 20.59 base value was the 5th lowest, but managed to get the second highest TES due to GOE on her spins and steps. She got the highest PCS by far.

Her planned program layout was 3Lz+2T, 3Lo, 2A. Because she fell on her 3Lz combo, I think maybe she took a safe route instead of doing 3Lo.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by LEESTARR View Post
    wow Alissa only got 50.23 in short at Regionals. not to good
    Let's wait until the video is available before we jump to any conclusions. Also, let's not forget this is only her first competition back in almost a year. She clearly doesn't need to put everything out there to make it through Regionals. Better to take it easy and ease herself back in, rather than risking another injury. She still has plenty of time to prepare herself for Nationals.

Custom Title
    The question is will she do Sectionals or a B International in the Sectionals time frame? She needs to do an international to establish a minimum technical score, but if she can't land any triples, she might have a problem qualifying.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
    Her planned program layout was 3Lz+2T, 3Lo, 2A. Because she fell on her 3Lz combo, I think maybe she took a safe route instead of doing 3Lo.
    I thought she wasn't doing 3lo because of the risk to her hip.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    I thought she wasn't doing 3lo because of the risk to her hip.
    http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...s/results.html

Click Senior Ladies CR Short Program Final. And then if you click + on the right side, you can check the planned elements.
    I believe that the people were gussing it from what her coach said. He said that except for 3 Lo, she was landing other triples. That's what I remember.

The question is will she do Sectionals or a B International in the Sectionals time frame? She needs to do an international to establish a minimum technical score, but if she can't land any triples, she might have a problem qualifying.
    What is the minimum TES? Isn't it only 20 for Olys or am I pulling that out of a hat? I think that if she can up the levels on the steps, she should be able to get it even if the jumps aren't triples. She will have very strong marks for her spins and steps.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    What is the minimum TES? Isn't it only 20 for Olys or am I pulling that out of a hat? I think that if she can up the levels on the steps, she should be able to get it even if the jumps aren't triples. She will have very strong marks for her spins and steps.
    Yes, it's 20. Czisny got 22+ here, so she should be fine.

Custom Title
    Why did Alissa get negative GOE's on her other two jumps? I did not see the video.

Unless I'm reading this wrong, sounds like Rachael and Alissa are both registered for their respective sectionals:

"Two other former U.S. champions, Rachael Flatt and Alissa Czisny, are registered for the qualifiers. Flatt, the 2010 U.S. champion, and Czisny, who won in 2009 and 2011, missed last year's nationals because of injuries. They would have to place in the top four at both their regional and sectional competitions to earn spots at the U.S. championships, which begin Jan. 9 in Boston."

From this article: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/weir-so...4517--spt.html

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    Why did Alissa get negative GOE's on her other two jumps? I did not see the video.
    The requirement was a triple jump combo and she did 2t+2t, hence a mandatory -3 GOE.
    I don't know about the 2a, but it probably was the landing. We will know in a week or so when the videos become available.

Custom Title
    The requirement was a triple jump combo and she did 2t+2t, hence a mandatory -3 GOE.
    I don't know about the 2a, but it probably was the landing. We will know in a week or so when the videos become available.
    That explains the slew of -3's for the other skaters doing 2Lz combos. Eek.

Custom Title

Medalist
    Alissa just got a 94.89 in her long program at Regionals. Not bad at all! At least, not bad for this point in the season. It will be interesting to see the protocol.

Quote Originally Posted by carriecmu0503 View Post
    Alissa just got a 94.89 in her long program at Regionals. Not bad at all! At least, not bad for this point in the season. It will be interesting to see the protocol.
    Yes. I actually think she will probably be able to make it through sectionals if she goes that route instead of having a senior B. Obviously this is not currently a high enough score to be competitive for the third spot (and the score is probably higher than she'd get internationally where most of the other ladies have been competing) but it's a very solid start to her season IMO.

Dying for the protocols.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Yes. I actually think she will probably be able to make it through sectionals if she goes that route instead of having a senior B. Obviously this is not currently a high enough score to be competitive for the third spot (and the score is probably higher than she'd get internationally where most of the other ladies have been competing) but it's a very solid start to her season IMO.

Dying for the protocols.
    Me too. I wonder if she landed any clean triples, or if the score is solely based on strong spins and PCS. If she did indeed land some triples, then I have hope for her Olympics prospects.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast