New ShibSibs video: "Skates to Plates" | Golden Skate

New ShibSibs video: "Skates to Plates"

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Sk1rCG1mJOQ

This video marks our first attempt at presenting scripted content. Marvel at our "professional" audio and "high-caliber" writing...

This is first and foremost, a PARODY of many of the contestant/competition-based cooking shows seen on The Food Network and Bravo. Many thanks to shows like Top Chef, Iron Chef, and Chopped for inspiring some of the scenes in this video.

We filmed this over the course of a day during our vacation at the end of May. We took some time to edit and we're happy to finally release it!

We would like to extend a special thank you to Brian Boitano for assisting us with this project. Brian's new cookbook, "What Would Brian Boitano Make" is fantastic. We had a great time preparing the food during the filming process, and an even better time eating it!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think I died when Ross turned to the camera and the "What Would Brian Boitano Do?" song started.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I think Alex has gained a little muscle to help throw around Maia better. For amateur skaters they certainly have a lot of money to buy expensive ingredients - lamb not to mention what a house. though alex may have been wearing a Zara suit to help keep production costs down lol.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Great video! Love the shibutani's- Chock and Bates beat you last season but this is the season to fight back to become the 2nd place dance team again!

GF2445

Record Breaker
...Also, Ross Miner is great :) Get a new choreographer!!!!...also your Quad toe and triple axel scare me ;D

ice coverage

Record Breaker
So much to like in this video.
:cool: that Boitano is the guest star.
Excellent videography.
And if the skating thing doesn't work out ;), Maia and Ross could become professional food stylists. The completed dishes look great.

Arguably my very favorite part: the brief throwback clip of the Shibutanis (starting at approx. 6:57) that pops up in the credits.
A very young Maia (in a tutu!) has a little wobble, but the sibs do not lose their composure and their adorable smiles do not waver.

For amateur skaters they certainly have a lot of money to buy expensive ingredients - lamb not to mention what a house. though alex may have been wearing a Zara suit to help keep production costs down lol.

Maybe Boitano and/or his publisher covered some or all of the expenses of the shoot?
The video is entertaining in its own right, but it also is good promotion for BB's book.
(And the house is in Hawaii. Perhaps a location borrowed only for the shoot? Or just a vacation rental?)

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ :love: it all. Ross Miner had me in stitches when he started singing! Seeing Brian in it was priceless, too. Great job by the Shibs! :biggrin:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
New ShibSibs preview mini-video with The Ice cast (Jul 30)

New ShibSibs preview mini-video with The Ice cast (1:17 in length)

THE ICE 2013 - Preview Video (Body Letters)
Published on Jul 30, 2013
We filmed this short teaser video in Osaka during THE ICE 2013 Tour. This was shown to the audience who attended the July 28th show in Osaka.
Stay tuned for more videos from the tour!
Best,
The ShibSibs (Maia and Alex)

chloepoco

Medalist
New ShibSibs preview mini-video with The Ice cast (1:17 in length)

THE ICE 2013 - Preview Video (Body Letters)
Published on Jul 30, 2013
We filmed this short teaser video in Osaka during THE ICE 2013 Tour. This was shown to the audience who attended the July 28th show in Osaka.
Stay tuned for more videos from the tour!
Best,
The ShibSibs (Maia and Alex)

Aww, can't wait!! Maia and Alex are so very creative and talented!!