Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Polina Edmunds: Can she compete at Seniors next season

Tripping on the Podium
    Polina was beautiful in both her programs!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by b-man View Post
    I saw Polina's FS at Glacier Falls not long ago. Although she had a fall, she looked pretty refined compared to the older and more experienced Hicks. I was standing close to her after the comp, she looks to be around 5'4", maybe 85-90 lbs. currently.
    That is veryy thin but she is growing fast and looks healthy regardless. She instagrams lots of pictures of frappucinos so hopefully she is so thin due to her active lifestyle, young age, and good genetics rather than a restrictive diet. I love her skating so much and hope she can keep skating at such a high level when she inevitably fills out (although given how thin she is now and the build of her parents, her adult shape is likely to still be very slender). I'm really excited to see how she does on the JGP, I think she can give the baby russians a run for their money!

Custom Title
    Polina won JGP Mexico City and so far has the highest total Ladies score.

There was a lot of "mess" in that program in Mexico City, though. To contend in Seniors, she'll have to fix that.

~high art~
    I don't know what's special about her.

That certainly wasn't her best, but when she's on, she's got solid jumps (and a couple different 3+3's) and people seem to like her long limbs (although to me, she looks a bit gangly). She's got pretty good speed and power as well

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    I think Polina is a solid skater so far. Most of the time girls with arms and legs that long look extremely awkward b/c they just aren't aware of the placement of their limbs. Even though she's very willowy, I think Polina has very good control over her length for a 15 year old. On the junior level she definitely stands out b/c her presentation is very nice but I'm noticing that a number of the ladies this year look more mature and present themselves with more maturity. I'm seeing fewer little jumping beans and more half-baked senior skaters at the front of the pack which is great IMO. If they are working on refinement and maturity now, hopefully we'll see less deaf-to-the-music/non-performing/mechanical newbies entering the senior level in the next few years...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4