Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Evgenia Medvedeva

Custom Title

Evgenia Medvedeva

I have noticed that many people -including me- liked her more this season.

So I guess it's time to start a fan fest for Evgenia!!

I think we can say that she is one of the contenders for 2018. Good luck to her!!

I checked out her results table on wikipedia and thought it very strange that in 6 national competitions she placed from 12th-4th place, yet in her 6 international competitions she's gotten bronze twice and gold four times

Her marks aren't hugely different though; maybe just how others skated on the day, or nationals being more competitive. some skaters do better at nationals. edit: actually last season she's only 7th in the senior ones (2010 or even 2012 is too long ago for someone young)

Yes, anything even up to a season ago wouldn't be too big of an indicator in a young skater's skill or performance level, now would it? She's been just off the podium the last two russian jc, so it's good to see her doing well at all of her international junior events. If she wasn't bringing it to international competitions.... well, you know skater from larger federations can get quickly lost in the shuffle

I look forward to seeing her at the JGPF this year! Assuming she qualifies of course. She already has 15 points now for winning JGP France, right?

Rinkside
    Last year Evgenia's highest SP component score was 26.6 and at Courchevel she scored 26.03, she has already matched her component score from last year and it is only August. It shows how much she has improved that side of her skating.

Custom Title
    She's one of those people who really want it.
    After reading many interviews with her or Eteri it sounds like:
    She isn't a Tuktamysheva or a Lipnitskaya who are just naturally talented in specific areas, things don't come flying at her.
    She says she had to work more than other girls to reach a certain level of physical strength to get the jumps she has now.

She's kinda defying the odds. Love that! Great example how far you can get with hard work and a young girl who has a very realistic view on herself

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Can anyone supply a link to Evgenia's Gala at Couchevel? I searched the YouTube channel that supplied the live feed but came up empty. Maybe because I'm on my phone

Pretty please. I haven't yet seen it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Can anyone supply a link to Evgenia's Gala at Couchevel? I searched the YouTube channel that supplied the live feed but came up empty. Maybe because I'm on my phone

Pretty please. I haven't yet seen it.
    They only have full video of the gala at official channel and somebody said that it's only available on PC, not phone.
    Here is reuploaded video of Zhenya's EX (link from her vk community) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eloDO_k95Jo

Oh..wow! Very interesting music. One of the differences this year for me is I have a better understanding of her personality and to me at least she seems to be having a lot of fun these days. I should probably say her and Serafima who seem near inseperable. Anyway it's good to see that fun come thru in her skating. She seems to have a fairly strong grasp of the music too. After her encore spin she takes a strong pose and uses her arm extremely effectively to show us this.

Thx for sharing!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by satine94 View Post
    I checked out her results table on wikipedia and thought it very strange that in 6 national competitions she placed from 12th-4th place, yet in her 6 international competitions she's gotten bronze twice and gold four times
    She was 8th at Senior Nats (Decembers 2011) being 12 years 1 month old, good result for so young skater.
    At December 2013 she was 7th at Senior Nats, ahead her were only very high level skaters.

She has many medals of National Level competitions.
    Final of Cup of Russia - twice 2nd as Junior, once 2nd as Senior.
    Nationals Elder Age - 1st twice.
    And so on.

Custom Title
    Well i would rather bombing nationals than international competitions. I have to admit last season i thought she was the least talented from the russian juniors on the circuit but seeing her last perofrmance was a bit "shocking" to me. i still prefer Serafima but if she continue improving she definitely contend. it seem she also grew this year.

Custom Title
    ^
    Medvedeva, Proklova, Sakhanovich, Sotskova are about same level.

http://fbcdn-photos-a-a.akamaihd.net...51733148_n.jpg

I love this photo!!! Poor Elena is caught in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    http://fbcdn-photos-a-a.akamaihd.net...51733148_n.jpg

I love this photo!!! Poor Elena is caught in the middle.
    Ahhh, we could very well be looking at the future of ladies' fs! Too many feelings.

Banned
    Personal VK page: http://vk.com/id27210744
    VK Fanpage: http://vk.com/yevgeny_medvedeva

She answered on her fanpage she takes grandma on her competitions rather than mom.
    And that grandma always watches her performaces (opposite to Yulia's mom!).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast