Jason Brown | Page 82 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

jwren

Rinkside
:love::love:

I'm so glad that Rohene seems to be a more permanent fixture now. He's a fabulous mentor for Jason, and the rest of Team Kori.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Rohene, Jason and Jordan doing synchronized triple axels :love:

Kori Ade Instagram

Edited to add

Jason has posted it on his instagram as well with the comment:

love::love::love:

If only Rohene and Jason would skate together somewhere for real. Jason looks great, and Rohene looks like what Kori once said about him: on a moment's notice, he could probably just go out in his jeans and skates and land a quad. Also good for Jordan!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
love::love::love:

If only Rohene and Jason would skate together somewhere for real. Jason looks great, and Rohene looks like what Kori once said about him: on a moment's notice, he could probably just go out in his jeans and skates and land a quad. Also good for Jordan!
-Just AWESOME!!
Go Jason!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Old news, but I thought this was really interesting (and came up when I was searching related to Robin Cousins). A thread from a British (I think) ballet forum, where they discover Jason before Sochi:

http://www.balletcoforum.com/index.php?/topic/6015-winter-olympics/

ETA: I found it fascinating that they have some of the same art vs. athleticism discussions in the ballet world that we have in figure skating.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Old news, but I thought this was really interesting (and came up when I was searching related to Robin Cousins). A thread from a British (I think) ballet forum, where they discover Jason before Sochi:

http://www.balletcoforum.com/index.php?/topic/6015-winter-olympics/

ETA: I found it fascinating that they have some of the same art vs. athleticism discussions in the ballet world that we have in figure skating.

I find it interesting that they all thought Adelina was MUCH better than Yuna. They didn't seem to have a problem with the result at all...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Please, please do not move a discussion of the Ladies Olympics into a Jason Brown Fan Fest thread! ;)

Those are old fan! They remember a long time favorite of mine, Vladimir Kotin :)

Last edited:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Please, please do not move a discussion of the Ladies Olympics into a Jason Brown Fan Fest thread! ;)

Those are old fan! They remember a long time favorite of mine, Vladimir Kotin :)

I don't really follow ladies, but during the Olympics, Jason posted a selfie with Adelina, but not with Yuna, so go Adelina.:laugh:

That said, maybe the link should be posted in a Yuna-wuz-robbed thread :popcorn:

TMC

Record Breaker
I don't really follow ladies, but during the Olympics, Jason posted a selfie with Adelina, but not with Yuna, so go Adelina.:laugh:

That said, maybe the link should be posted in a Yuna-wuz-robbed thread :popcorn:

Don't move the link, let's just keep comments on Jason and off any controversy.

Sweet how much they liked Jason!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Don't move the link, let's just keep comments on Jason and off any controversy.

Sweet how much they liked Jason!

I was only kidding.;) I really don't care about Adelina, Yuna, or any of the ladies (except Ashley Cain and Amber Glenn have tweaked my interest somewhat). But I do care about Jason's costume; I guess we won't see it before Nebelhorn. And I know, it will have suspenders. Oh well...

Happy Labor Day to US of A Brownies!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
What is Jason doing in this cameo in Madi Hubbell's video? Other than upstaging ;) Nick Goepper, I mean. :laugh:
http://instagram.com/p/slVX99Bdvl/ (from @splashmadison on Sep 5)​

Rohene, Jason and Jordan doing synchronized triple axels :love:

Kori Ade Instagram

Edited to add

Jason has posted it on his instagram as well with the comment:

The fact that we can do this with our coach/choreographer is pretty sweet... #RoheneWard #Lucky2HaveHim #GoRo #3X3A

Wow. Very cool. :cool:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I don't know exactly what those sideways hops are called, but they're a common warmup.

Thx, karne :). I didn't ask my semi-rhetorical question the right way ;) (sorry) ... I guess what I really was reacting to was how Jason was playing to the camera in such a fun way. :laugh: I mean, really, could he not have hopped (off camera) behind the person shooting the video? But always the entertainer, he can make a little performance out of anything. :)

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thx, karne :). I didn't ask my semi-rhetorical question the right way ;) (sorry) ... I guess what I really was reacting to was how Jason was playing to the camera in such a fun way. :laugh: I mean, really, could he not have hopped (off camera) behind the person shooting the video? But always the entertainer, he can make a little performance out of anything. :)

Thx, golden411. Our Jason, photobombing where he can ....

Jason poses for Max Settlage with Max's self-portrait (Max had several skaters pose with the portrait)

http://instagram.com/p/sL2gmEBwGm/

h/t to Sylvia in the FSU ChampsCamp thread for the link.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thx, golden411. Our Jason, photobombing where he can ....

Jason poses for Max Settlage with Max's self-portrait (Max had several skaters pose with the portrait)

http://instagram.com/p/sL2gmEBwGm/

h/t to Sylvia in the FSU ChampsCamp thread for the link.

And my thanks to you, el henry. :)
(FYI, great minds ;): Back during Champs Camp, some links to what I had dubbed the "Flat Max" series (incl. Jason's) were posted in the GS event thread. I always am impressed with Max Settlage's illustrations, and who better to give a friendly "endorsement" than Jason? http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...Aug-23-27-2014&p=975624&viewfull=1#post975624 )

ETA, now can't help myself from going on a Max Settlage :) tangent. Some older links:
- A different "self-portrait," this one of his on-ice partnership with Maddie Aaron:
- And I love his sense of humor, such as in this little vid:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Jason is one of Amy Rosewater's "Seven Skating Storylines To Follow Seven Months After Sochi" (emphasis added below re major hair news ;)):

4) What’s next after Riverdance?

Jason Brown’s riveting performance to “Reel Around the Sun” from Riverdance at nationals generated millions of views on YouTube. The program, filled with intricate, crowd-pleasing footwork as well as dynamic triples and spins, was such a hit that Brown even performed it on the post-Sochi skating tour, Stars on Ice. Brown, who became so popular his ponytail acquired its own Twitter handle, now has the daunting task of providing fans with a sequel this season. No, he will not be performing to Irish dance again this season and he even plans to wear his hair down in his short program (Brown showed off a new do with two braids in the back at Champs Camp) but fans can expect the U.S. silver medalist to perform with the same attention to detail as he did in the past. His short program is a blues number and his free skate will be to “Tristan and Iseult,” which is based on a French medieval poem. “I love that people are like, ‘What’s going to be next?’” Brown said. “I want all of my programs to be in another category.” The programs once again are being choreographed by Rohene Ward and Brown said they might not be as fast-paced as Riverdance, but they that doesn’t mean they’re any easier. Further challenging himself this season, he hopes to add a quadruple jump to his arsenal. “I love the process,” Brown said. “Every year it’s different and every year I never do the same spins or combination of spins,” Brown said. “Now it’s time for me to figure out how I’m going to rock this one and hopefully make it memorable.”

http://www.teamusa.org/News/2014/Se...Storylines-To-Follow-Seven-Months-After-Sochi (Sep 8)​