Jason Brown | Page 29 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

emma

Record Breaker
So, I was resisting putting this in any form of writing...but I'll say this, Jeremy certainly earned a trip to worlds, but I can only hope that he decides to stay home. He has so very much to offer, and of course it is always possible that he has the worlds of a life time, but since I'm not a gambler, I'm thinking his chances of ending on a high note don't go up from here.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Another thing, he got no credit for his final 3Lo because they called the trip where he did no jump at all, an Axel. He then did a 2A a step later. So he lost 5 or more points on the loop.

emma

Record Breaker
^doris, do you think that was a good call about the 2axel. I think Tara said something like smart move, so just wondering if you think it was called correctly?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
^doris, do you think that was a good call about the 2axel. I think Tara said something like smart move, so just wondering if you think it was called correctly?

This is sort of interesting. At Nationals, Jeremy slipped and missed his planed takeoff for his 3Loop, but composed himself and did the jump.

Jason, in essence, was trying to do the same thing, but the judges considered the slip as an aborted pass, hence taking away one of his passes and making is 3Loop invalid.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I am not at all sure. I thought if you don't rotate at all, it isn't a jump, but it appears the tech panel gets to be mind readers. I also haven't seen slow mo of the section of the FS with the axle in question. Maybe Jason did take off, but walleys and other half turn jumps are not counted as jumps, so I don't g e t it. I think if I were Kori,I might have challenged the call, but I haven't spent as much time with the singles rules as with dance.

I hope someone with more knowledge will explain the call.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I am not at all sure. I thought if you don't rotate at all, it isn't a jump, but it appears the tech panel gets to be mind readers. I also haven't seen slow mo of the SP. Maybe Jason did take off, but walleys and other half turn jumps are not counted as jumps, so I don't g e t it. I think if I were Kori,I might have challenged the call, but I haven't spent as much time with the singles rules as with dance.

I don't claim to be right, but I think it's the fact that he sort of did a waxel and that he took off the ground, as Jeremy's was more of a slip.

I'll have to watch the video again.

emma

Record Breaker
I didn't see his feet leave the ground, but, I had my heart in my throat....so, it would be interesting to understand this scoring better.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
This makes sense. He's got experience coming in from behind. He now has a whole quad to learn how to manage our expectations. Except for those of us in Highland Park--we love him no matter what!

I know what you meant, but he has the entire quad to manage HIS own expectations. :)

And though I don't live in Highland Park, I will always cheer and be a fan of Jason regardless of the result. :love: (And I will keep that NYT photo as my computer desktop for the rest of the Olympics. :) Actually it's just a gorgeous photo....it's perfect for winter...) :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
So will I always be a fan. Jason's skating makes me smile, even when he doesn't earn high scores.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Also, I was looking for something in my journal this morning and the page where Jason put his autograph at nationals popped up. It made me smile. I also noticed for the first time that he actually put a heart at the end of his signature. Too cute.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Also, I was looking for something in my journal this morning and the page where Jason put his autograph at nationals popped up. It made me smile. I also noticed for the first time that he actually put a heart at the end of his signature. Too cute.

Oh, that's so adorable!!!!!!!!! :love:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
http://instagram.com/p/kaqtGBzXIF

jasonbskates
2 hours ago
I've had an absolute blast competing over the past week!! The long program tonight didn't go as well as I know I could have done it, but I enjoyed every moment...From winning bronze with my teammates in the team event to finishing in the top 10 in the individual event...I can't wait to take this experience and the lessons I've learned with me into the future! I truly can't thank everyone enough for the endless support, love, and kind words over the past week!!! Means so much to me! So excited to say that this is only the beginning of my journey... #sochi2014 #teamusa

And boy are we all ready to come along, Jason! :)

emma

Record Breaker
http://instagram.com/p/kaqtGBzXIF

jasonbskates
2 hours ago
I've had an absolute blast competing over the past week!! The long program tonight didn't go as well as I know I could have done it, but I enjoyed every moment...From winning bronze with my teammates in the team event to finishing in the top 10 in the individual event...I can't wait to take this experience and the lessons I've learned with me into the future! I truly can't thank everyone enough for the endless support, love, and kind words over the past week!!! Means so much to me! So excited to say that this is only the beginning of my journey... #sochi2014 #teamusa

And boy are we all ready to come along, Jason! :)

We are already on the ride! And, ummmm, what a breath of fresh air and joy and happiness....seriously, I can't stop smiling!!!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
We are already on the ride! And, ummmm, what a breath of fresh air and joy and happiness....seriously, I can't stop smiling!!!

Me too. It's a nice break from all the angst and anger. I mean I understand Jason is a different place, but still it's nice to read this after Jeremy is giving f-bombs for what should have been the ultimate feel good story.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Programming note for U.S viewers of the NBC telecasts:
Meredith Vieira just said that she will have an interview with Jason on the NBC late-night broadcast. (The late-night show airs from 12:05 a.m. – 1:05 a.m. ET.)​

Very cute, Mrs. P. :)

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist

I agree. I think what I appreciate most about Jason is that even if he had a disaster of a skate, I never worry about his mental health. Other skaters, you feel terrible when they struggle because you know THEY feel terrible. Jason on the other hand, is just as motivated, hard-working, goal-oriented as others but you know that whatever happens he'll be secure and happy within himself, because his self-worth extends beyond skating. That's such a lovely quality to have. He's an inspiration and pleasure to root for.

TMC

Record Breaker
I am not at all sure. I thought if you don't rotate at all, it isn't a jump, but it appears the tech panel gets to be mind readers. I also haven't seen slow mo of the section of the FS with the axle in question. Maybe Jason did take off, but walleys and other half turn jumps are not counted as jumps, so I don't g e t it. I think if I were Kori,I might have challenged the call, but I haven't spent as much time with the singles rules as with dance.

Sue Barker was saying that in the rule books it says something about "intention". Even she was laughing about the rule. Sounds exactly like mind-reading to me.