Jason Brown | Page 34 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

BusyMom

Medalist
Show and tell coming up?

https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/status/438053212814192640

Jason Brown
‏@jasonbskates
Walked through my hair regiment a few days ago with @jenperos! Quite the process!! Hahaha @2014PonyPower pic.twitter.com/g7ggv2aGhJ
12:49 PM - 24 Feb 2014

That boy uses way more product that me! I also have naturally wavy hair, so perhaps I can get a tip or two for myself? :laugh:

Also i wonder, should all the posts from the Jason goes viral thread be moved to here? It sort of became the de-facto fan thread during the Olympics...
Another Ponytail Power, Mrs. P. Enjoy.... http://t.co/LBhYxIL7ur

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
After it moves off the Edge, I'll merge the threads. There's too much good stuff in the Viral thread to lose it.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
What I want to know, is when is he going on Arsenio with his bronze team medal? And will he be on SOI?

LRK

Record Breaker
Awww, that's so adorable!

(Though, honestly, saying that feels rather redundant at this point, doesn't it? ;) )

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Awww, that's so adorable!

(Though, honestly, saying that feels rather redundant at this point, doesn't it? ;) )

I'd rather have repeated statements of "Jason is adorable" than the redundant number of posts on the Ladies judging conspiracy.

Just saying. :laugh:

merinheart

Rinkside

Part that caught my eye from that article -
Brown’s visit home was brief because he’s scheduled to depart today for training at U.S. Figure Skating’s complex in Colorado Springs, Colo. He is a first alternate for the World Figure Skating Championships that run March 24-30 in Saitama, Japan.

“I’m going to be training for those three weeks until they leave for Worlds and I know that I’m not needed,” Brown, 19, said in a brief interview after the second assembly.

The U.S. Figure Skating's complex in Colorado Springs = World Arena, yes? Does that mean Jason and Kori don't have to train in Monument anymore? Happy for them if it's true! I remember reading that when they first moved to Colorado, their hope all along was to train at the World Arena rink but they were denied permission. Glad that people came to their senses and realized Jason is an elite skater like the others training in Colorado Springs. I'm still in denial over him being the first alternate for Worlds, please don't tell me all his training will go for nought...

Edit: Don't think this was posted...

Athletes explain their "perfect day", Jason gives two!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Part that caught my eye from that article -

The U.S. Figure Skating's complex in Colorado Springs = World Arena, yes? Does that mean Jason and Kori don't have to train in Monument anymore? Happy for them if it's true! I remember reading that when they first moved to Colorado, their hope all along was to train at the World Arena rink but they were denied permission. Glad that people came to their senses and realized Jason is an elite skater like the others training in Colorado Springs. I'm still in denial over him being the first alternate for Worlds, please don't tell me all his training will go for nought...

Edit: Don't think this was posted...

Athletes explain their "perfect day", Jason gives two!

Well I don't think it was because of Jason, it's because they denied Kori access because "they weren't hiring for one."

Still if its the case that he's training at World Arena that is great news and that Kori is getting the recognition she deserves as well.

ETA: Man he packs a lot in his perfect day. He's productive even in his leisure time. :laugh:

mintx

On the Ice
I think the training in Monument is a blessing in disguise. They have said they get more ice time in Monument with a smaller rink feel. Jason and the other top skaters still skate National level sessions at World Arena and he does the harness training at World as well. They also have access to the USOTC gym and facilities. It sounds like the best of both worlds to me.

I don't think the extra training for world would be a waste. Training is training and its good for his reputation with USFS to know that he is ready if called upon. I'd love Jason to go to words too but hopefully Jeremy and Max can earn three spots for next year. Jason should be in a great spot to go then.

ETA: One of his favorite days is training and he doesn't like to taper. That confirms he is in the right sport. LOL He also starts with "Oh My Goodness", he is just overwhelmed with the joy of the past month. To quote above, "he is adorable".

ice coverage

Record Breaker
.. I'm still in denial over him being the first alternate for Worlds, please don't tell me all his training will go for nought...

... I don't think the extra training for world would be a waste. Training is training and its good for his reputation with USFS to know that he is ready if called upon. I'd love Jason to go to words too but hopefully Jeremy and Max can earn three spots for next year. Jason should be in a great spot to go then.

I would add that Jason is not the first person and will not be the last person to serve as an alternate to Junior Worlds or Worlds ... who ends her or his season by training for an event at which s/he does not get to actually compete. Jason had a great experience on and off the ice in Sochi, and earned a bronze medal along with his teammates. I would prefer to just be happy for him.

Nagasu is the first Ladies alternate for Worlds, as she was for Sochi. So if you want to talk about months of training that have gone and prob. will go for "naught" ...

merinheart

Rinkside
Whoa, no need for the lecture! I'm thrilled for Jason regardless, but selfishly as a fan of course I want MORE! :biggrin: When I said waste of training I meant for those of us who won't get to see his programs one last time. Hopefully he'll be able to go to Japan soon because it seems like he's gained quite the following there! Maybe NHK next season? I'm assuming he'll be assigned Skate America as his other GP event.

And yes, his descriptions of his perfect day(s) sounds exhausting! His perfect day is more like my perfect week, haha.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Whoa, no need for the lecture! I'm thrilled for Jason regardless, but selfishly as a fan of course I want MORE! :biggrin: When I said waste of training I meant for those of us who won't get to see his programs one last time. Hopefully he'll be able to go to Japan soon because it seems like he's gained quite the following there! Maybe NHK next season? I'm assuming he'll be assigned Skate America as his other GP event.

And yes, his descriptions of his perfect day(s) sounds exhausting! His perfect day is more like my perfect week, haha.

I totally feel you. I want one more Riverdance too! And a perfect one. Even the one at Nationals wasn't completely perfect ....

We'll see. :)

merinheart

Rinkside
I totally feel you. I want one more Riverdance too! And a perfect one. Even the one at Nationals wasn't completely perfect ....

We'll see. :)

Those darn axels....is it true that he still hasn't done two clean triple axels in his long program? It looked like he might have in the team event but were they downgraded? His scores did seem kind of low...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Those darn axels....is it true that he still hasn't done two clean triple axels in his long program? It looked like he might have in the team event but were they downgraded? His scores did seem kind of low...

He did two in his Liebestraume FS at Junior Worlds last season that were both clean (which in part contributed to why he only ended up four points behind Josh). I think he got UR on both of them in the Team Event.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
He did two in his Liebestraume FS at Junior Worlds last season that were both clean (which in part contributed to why he only ended up four points behind Josh). I think he got UR on both of them in the Team Event.

His PB TES is from that JW FS.

He got one of the two ratified in both the team and individual event. His 3t in the combo was UR in the individual event.

He tends to peak at his last event, which is why it's a shame he's not going to Worlds.