Jason Brown | Page 47 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

babyskate

On the Ice
Thanks for the report, babyskate! Do you know how early the doors open? Thinking about taking my goddaughter to a show next month and hoping that if we get there early enough maybe we can catch Jason during practice. We would love to meet him (ok, it's mostly me) and it seems like he's one of the few who actually makes a concerted effort to meet fans whenever & wherever he can.

And yay the clip of Kori winning the USG Building Dreams award is finally up on youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFUYBrEKkV8

So sweet, Kori didn't know she would be getting the award.:) I think that footage of her and Jason on the rink was shot in Sochi on that day when they went up to the mountains. I was wondering when it would air because at the time the USFSA was teasing that it was for GMA but it was actually for the Best of U.S. show.

Also spotted on twitter from a fan who was at the Hershey SOI show -

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bk5CO7fIEAA6sJe.jpg

Jason practicing a throw salchow with Simon Shnapir! They're even wearing watching outfits, OMG! :laugh:

I am not sure what time, but in NJ the security was very strict. We tried to see him and security laughed at us and said if they let everyone see Jason who wanted to there would be mayhem. I guess we weren't the first to try. You and your goddaughter will love the show.

merinheart

Rinkside
I am not sure what time, but in NJ the security was very strict. We tried to see him and security laughed at us and said if they let everyone see Jason who wanted to there would be mayhem. I guess we weren't the first to try. You and your goddaughter will love the show.
Yea, I guess it depends on the arena/security. Crossing my fingers though. Hmm on second thoughts, I see meet & greet passes are still available for San Diego so there's that option! I'm sure my goddaughter will enjoy the show but to be honest, it's been me who has been reluctant to go to SOI in the past, heh. If it weren't for Jason I'd probably wouldn't have gone this year either. I kind of have low expectations heading into the show but maybe I'll come away being pleasantly surprised. Other than Jason I'm most looking forward to seeing Josh Farris live. So far he hasn't quite grabbed my attention like Jason has from the moment I first saw him in Paris but I've heard nothing but good things about Josh.

OMG I so want to see that on video!!!
Ask and you shall receive! :biggrin: http://instagram.com/p/mqCtEfMrlx/

TMC

Record Breaker
Yea, I guess it depends on the arena/security. Crossing my fingers though. Hmm on second thoughts, I see meet & greet passes are still available for San Diego so there's that option! I'm sure my goddaughter will enjoy the show but to be honest, it's been me who has been reluctant to go to SOI in the past, heh. If it weren't for Jason I'd probably wouldn't have gone this year either. I kind of have low expectations heading into the show but maybe I'll come away being pleasantly surprised. Other than Jason I'm most looking forward to seeing Josh Farris live. So far he hasn't quite grabbed my attention like Jason has from the moment I first saw him in Paris but I've heard nothing but good things about Josh.

Ask and you shall receive! :biggrin: http://instagram.com/p/mqCtEfMrlx/

Thank you!!! I can't get it to work though - any Instagram video I try to open on my laptop just goes black immediately, and on my phone I get a "could not reload" message :(

ETA Got it to work on my husband's iPad!! :)

mintx

On the Ice
According to his twitter, Jason is back in Colorado getting ready for next season. Max will take his place on the tour for a few weeks and Jason will rejoin it for Chicago and part of the California swing. Can't wait to see what the team comes up with next. It will be hard to follow riverdance. I also hope he creates a new show program.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
According to his twitter, Jason is back in Colorado getting ready for next season. Max will take his place on the tour for a few weeks and Jason will rejoin it for Chicago and part of the California swing. Can't wait to see what the team comes up with next. It will be hard to follow riverdance. I also hope he creates a new show program.

It's sounded like from the few hints dropped he's getting two new programs, and Rohene has already said the LP will be "dramatic". So keen!

Glad Max gets a turn on SOI too, though I'm a bit pouty that the Golden Trio of Awesome does not get to skate together. (Josh, Jason, Max.)

mintx

On the Ice
He should get three new programs (long, short and show). He has been using his short for two years already. His long is iconic already and he will hopefully be doing enough shows to justify a new show program. Dramatic sounds good! Can't wait to see them in the fall!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
He should get three new programs (long, short and show). He has been using his short for two years already. His long is iconic already and he will hopefully be doing enough shows to justify a new show program. Dramatic sounds good! Can't wait to see them in the fall!

I think the SP was a definite change - two seasons is long enough, and I don't think repeating Riverdance was ever on the cards after Nationals.

But count me in as a definite agreement that he needs a new ex. It's not that I don't like "Can't Touch This", but it does wear out after a while, and I'd like to see him do something different.

mintx

On the Ice
I'd love to see his short program be upbeat, maybe Jazz or swing type music. His show program should be something that shows off his exuberance, maybe Happy by Pharrell.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'd love to see his short program be upbeat, maybe Jazz or swing type music. His show program should be something that shows off his exuberance, maybe Happy by Pharrell.

His Junior SP was "Hey, Pachuco!" which was adorable.

My second-favourite SP of his after Grand Guignol is the Baliwood program he had in 2010-2011. Here's a link.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^This.

I can't imagine a skater more in tune with the "Happy" song, although I don't think the Pharrell hat would stay on while skating. :laugh:

TMC

Record Breaker
Awww it appears that the account with Jason's 4 million plus views riverdance video has been closed :( Hope he took a couple of screengrabs before!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Awww it appears that the account with Jason's 4 million plus views riverdance video has been closed :( Hope he took a couple of screengrabs before!

Even if that particular clip is down, there are many other clips of the same performance with the same commentators on YouTube & Daily Motion. They are super easy to find.

TMC

Record Breaker
It's not that I can't see it - I've got that performance (a couple of different versions actually) downloaded on my computer already - I was just thinking it's a shame because that 4+ million views was so cool :) But like I said, I'm sure he has a screengrab somewhere to remember the amazingness

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's not that I can't see it - I've got that performance (a couple of different versions actually) downloaded on my computer already - I was just thinking it's a shame because that 4+ million views was so cool :) But like I said, I'm sure he has a screengrab somewhere to remember the amazingness

I hope he does.

This is where I get really angry with Youtube/the NBC (who I assume are behind the copyright claim).

That video has been up since the moments after Jason skated. Three whole months. It's been passed and shared all over the internet. It's not exactly been flying under the radar. Everyone loves it, people are talking about it. 4+ million views.

And NOW it's gone? Grrrrrrr.

TMC

Record Breaker
Right? But, on the other hand, that account was full of other clips so it may have been any one of those other networks whose "rights" he was stepping on.

I also don't get the eagerness to take down something so inoffensive and non-moneymaking as figure skating. I tend to think that fs videos on youtube & dailymotion & vimeo can only bring in new viewers; it's not like people are thinking they won't subscribe to a channel because they think they can possibly find a video of the skate later on youtube? It may be the other way round altogether. I'm 100% sure the Jason hype has brought in new viewers and fans, which can only be good for NBC/whoever.