Jason Brown | Page 31 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
http://instagram.com/p/keXxFmzXEM/

Ahhhh!! Got to meet @nastialiukin last night at the USA House!! I pretty much freaked out and ran behind a plant before composing myself and talking to her...She was so down to earth! The respect that she has for other athletes and the advice about competing & her past experiences makes her an amazing presence here at the Olympics! #teamusa #sochi2014 #nastialiukin

Ah, the bit about hiding behind the plant...classic fanboy moment. I'm sure people will be hiding behind plants over him soon enough, if not already. :laugh:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looks like Jason is making the most of his Olympic experience :) He never fails to make me smile with his enthusiasm.

merinheart

Rinkside
Just got done listening to TSL's recap of the men's competition. The part about Jason starts around the 49 minute mark but the whole podcast is worth a listen, imo. I especially agree with what the hosts said about Jeremy but that's a whole another subject, heh.

Anyway, one of the hosts, Dave, heard on the Russian feed of the event that Tatiana Tarasova thinks Jason's the one to watch out for the next four years! :eek: How cool is that?! To have a legendary coach like Tarasova think so highly of his skating! :love:

TMC

Record Breaker

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Off-topic question for "puppy girl" ;), aka Chem66, re the same Olympic Zone piece by Belbin about costumes:

How many crystals did Zhang's (male) coach glue to her costume? The order of magnitude boggled my mind, but now I've already forgotten what the number was. Five hundred??

Answering my own off-topic question ;):
Felicia Zhang's coach Jim Peterson :bow: glued 1500 :cool: crystals onto her costume, per the NBC piece -- which was repurposed on the Today show this morning.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Awwwwwwwww, Jason got a date with his Olympic valentine!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
New Yorker on Jason: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/sportingscene/2014/02/the-promise-of-jason-brown.html

Also noteworthy to me because I am quite familiar with the writer, Jose Antonio Vargas. He wrote a piece in the New York Times Magazine a few years ago basically admitting that he was an undocumented immigrant that got quite a bit of attention (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/26/magazine/my-life-as-an-undocumented-immigrant.html?pagewanted=all). He remains "undocumented" at this point.

Great to see him cover Jason Brown with the same great writing he does with his other work.

Gophergal89

Spectator
YES! Rohene choreographed both Jason's short and long programs. He's been choreographing Jason (amongst others) for years.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Just a note of interest to show you how far Jason Brown has come, not that long ago people were wondering if he would EVER succeed on the senior level:
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?36409-Jason-Brown-s-Future-Prospects

Makes for some very interesting reading...

It's one of those things that proves just how much sports like figure skating can turn on a dime. Skater A is doing well but then gets stagnant and never really achieves true potential. Skater B is doing decent but could do better with more skills, starts gaining those skills, and then sees a massive uptick in their scoring and skating.

Skatetomusic

On the Ice
continuing the count
there is Free skate with 4,146,111 has gone up more than 2,000 since I checked the number within a few minutes
2nd free skate video adds 101,704 has gone up 200 within a few minutes
3rd free skate video adds 88,591 add 100
4th Free skate video adds 8,415 ad 17
With the math I did 4,344,821

with added totals 4,348,121 Still probably higher. Jason is still going up:biggrin:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker