Jason Brown | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So someone is excited about going to Skate America...

Follow

Jason Brown
‏@jasonbskates
I've been counting down the days, and this week has officially begun! I can't wait!! #soexcited #SA2013  pic.twitter.com/ZlEJuaNWic

Also, I have to say, Jason has really nice handwriting. Just a random thought.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The calendar is ridiculously cute. I hope he does really well in his first GP. Since he knew about TEB well in advance before SkAm, I wonder what his calendar looks like for that?

The picture also gives us a bit of insight into his life. So it looks like he goes to college twice a week, and he was having an "evaluation" of his Nebelhorn performance last week (I wonder if that's him and Kori sitting down with a video and talking about it?)

Oh yes, and his handwriting is lovely.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
If Jason skates this well in the long, they might be picking me up off the floor at work.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The thing that makes the Skate America SP so great is this:

Jason received a late invite as a substitute for an injured skater. He took this opportunity and ran with it, using the unexpected chance to make an impression on the judges and to garner new fans and increased attention.

I love that a relatively new/unknown senior recognized this moment for what it was, and he seized the day!

He's positioned himself very well to showcase the awesome Riverdance program, and I hope he delivers.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtG3bGnncG8

Jaosn's SP with CBC commentary (Thanks Doris!)

Good to get a different perspective.

And since Carol Lane mentioned it, here's Jason's SP from his first JGP in France back in 2010. Amazing how much his skating has developed over time (though he always had that sparkling performance ability)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WML-ZLpYWtk

And also, let's do Throwback Thursday with photos from... last week. :laugh:

https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/status/393558418595663872/photo/1

Don't blame him. I'd want to remember last week too!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Just re-watching Jason's SP and noticed something funny!

We all know Jason wears glasses, and he hinted during an interview about show skating that his eyesight is pretty bad.

But if you watch the kiss and cry scene at Skate America - he can't see his score!

If you watch, the score comes up on the screen. The crowd starts cheering and whooping. He leans forward, squints, and then turns to Kori and asks a question. Kori's response is very clearly "83", and THAT'S when he makes the delighted happy cute little face that was such a highlight.

I figured his eyesight was ordinary, but I didn't realise it was that bad - and it gives him extra kudos from me. I wouldn't be game enough to do waltz jumps without my glasses on. And he does triple Axels!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Just re-watching Jason's SP and noticed something funny!

We all know Jason wears glasses, and he hinted during an interview about show skating that his eyesight is pretty bad.

But if you watch the kiss and cry scene at Skate America - he can't see his score!

If you watch, the score comes up on the screen. The crowd starts cheering and whooping. He leans forward, squints, and then turns to Kori and asks a question. Kori's response is very clearly "83", and THAT'S when he makes the delighted happy cute little face that was such a highlight.

I figured his eyesight was ordinary, but I didn't realise it was that bad - and it gives him extra kudos from me. I wouldn't be game enough to do waltz jumps without my glasses on. And he does triple Axels!

He doesn't wear contacts? That is what I though he would be doing.

FWIW, I'm nearsighted. I wear my glasses pretty much all the time, but I can make do running outside or doing tasks around the house without them, I just can't see the signs that are really far away. If Jason is nearsighted, perhaps he does OK on the ice?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
He doesn't wear contacts? That is what I though he would be doing.

FWIW, I'm nearsighted. I wear my glasses pretty much all the time, but I can make do running outside or doing tasks around the house without them, I just can't see the signs that are really far away. If Jason is nearsighted, perhaps he does OK on the ice?

I also assumed he wore contacts. But there was an icenetwork article a few months back about show skating and he definitely made it seem like he doesn't. I'll have to see if I can find it, but I remember one of the things he said was that spotlights make it harder for him.

I don't even know what I am anymore. I started out nearsighted but my eyes have deteriorated to the point where I'm not far off being legally blind in my right eye. So I'd definitely be a danger on the ice without mine.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Also cute: Jason using his new founded Japanese skills to respond:

Ahh! あなたのfingernailsが大好きです。。。かわいい!サポートをありがとうございます!^_^

Translated it says "Cute! Thanks for the support!"

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
AND he also posted that he cried over a Veteran's Day video.

I MEAN REALLY. It surely should not be allowed for one person to be this adorable!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Soooooo excited for the SP tonight! Jason can rock the house!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Jason's first Senior GP medal! He was so excited! I may have made some ungodly noise when I saw the result! So happyyyyyyyyyyyy! :love:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Today's RJO (Random Jason Observation): he does his regular split jump from a loop takeoff. Highly unusual.