Jason Brown | Page 102 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
"You would have to be living in a cave not to be aware of the local excitement Jason’s skating caused last winter."

Awww How nice to tell peoplebwhere the stuffies will end up.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Irresistible photo of JB (even for non-fans of Cotton-Eyed Joe ;)).

... Also, a new article by Phil Hersh

Chicago Tribune

Awww! :love:

Jason Brown @jasonbskates
So happy to be partnering with @RMHC! Thanks @olyphil for helping getting the word out!! http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...wn-sharing-a-gift-of-love-20141022-story.html
2:27 PM - 22 Oct 2014

Thx, katmari. :)

RonaldHouseChicago ‏@RMHCCNI
Grateful for hometown hero @jasonbskates 'Sharing the gift of #love for families @rmhccni' - http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...wn-sharing-a-gift-of-love-20141022-story.html … @chicagotribune @olyphil
2:01 PM - 22 Oct 2014
https://twitter.com/RMHCCNI/status/525029194146017280

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

ice coverage

Record Breaker
@maggiehendricks
I love hearing where Olympic medalists keep their medals. Jason Brown keeps his in a drawer by his bed.
11:08 AM - 23 Oct 2014
https://twitter.com/maggiehendricks/status/525348010843463680

LOL, I wonder whether Jason means his bed at the OTC. Did he overrrule his parents? ;) They wanted to keep his Olympic medal at the family home in Illinois (according to what he said soon after Sochi).

ETA:

A year wiser, Monument-based figure skater Jason Brown hopes to build on huge debut season
By Joe Paisley
Updated: October 23, 2014 at 11:37 am
http://gazette.com/a-year-wiser-mon...to-build-on-huge-debut-season/article/1540018

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Here's a great little interview of Jason by Eva Maria Jangbro. It was posted on the Absolute Skating website today:

Interview

What are you studying?
At the moment I am doing Oral communication so it is like speech making.

Is this the first time he's mentioned taking classes this semester?

Good luck at Skate America, Jason! :popcorn:

TMC

Record Breaker
Here's a great little interview of Jason by Eva Maria Jangbro. It was posted on the Absolute Skating website today:

Interview

No, he mentioned on another occasion that he's taking accounting this summer (or was).

ETA: From what I've gathered, elite skaters who are also students take classes (off and on, online, part-time...) but take a break from studying for the season before the Olympics. But of course different skater, different schedule :) Jason for sure did sit in class even last season ;)

Good luck indeed! I wish I could see it live!

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Interview

katmari, thanks for the great -- but not little ;) -- interview.
It is nice and long, with lotsa good details (quite a few new to me), so my only "quibble" ;) with your post is that you undersold the interview, IMO.

The title alone drew me in: Jason Brown: "I follow my own hair." (LOL, silly me didn't recognize the allusion to Twitter until the end of the interview.)
And some good photos from Nebelhorn accompany the text. (The interview was conducted in Oberstdorf, after Jason's win.)

No, he mentioned on another occasion that he's taking accounting this summer (or was).

ETA: From what I've gathered, elite skaters who are also students take classes (off and on, online, part-time...) but take a break from studying for the season before the Olympics. But of course different skater, different schedule :) Jason for sure did sit in class even last season ;)

Good luck indeed! I wish I could see it live!

No biggie, but katmari's question was about Jason's academic pursuits this semester (autumn semester) --- so my own answer is Yes: this interview was my first knowledge of this fall's curriculum.
(Yes also to TMC that last fall and over the summer, Jason made periodic references to the classes he was taking at those times.)

TMC

Record Breaker
No biggie, but katmari's question was about Jason's academic pursuits this semester (autumn semester) --- so my own answer is Yes: this interview was my first knowledge of this fall's curriculum.
(Yes also to TMC that last fall and over the summer, Jason made periodic references to the classes he was taking at those times.)

Yeah, sorry - I did get that after replying and then added the other stuff - wanted to say that his studying this semester would be expected, since he didn't even take a break for the Olympic season :)

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
So it looks like Jason Liberaced up his Juke costume a bit

Example 1

Example 2

I rather liked the more simple.

And I am not sure the sparkly works with the song. It is like a dive bar song, not a glittery bar song.

Maybe this will carry better in large stands

Very curious to see what T&I has evolved into.

LRK

Record Breaker
I agree that I preferred the simpler SP costume.

Since I'm one of the - few? - who actually loved his LP costume, I hope he hasn't messed too much (preferably at all) with it... At least I hope we can all agree that it won't look better with more glitter? ;)

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I agree that I preferred the simpler SP costume.

Since I'm one of the - few? - who actually loved his LP costume, I hope he hasn't messed too much (preferably at all) with it... At least I hope we can all agree that it won't look better with more glitter? ;)

I think the T&I costume maybe one that just does not film well. I was one that did not like it at all at first, but after seeing better pics it really grew on me. I did not notice how cool the green vest thing was at first, i did not notice the subtle thread bare effect it had at all when i first saw it. It may look great in person, but if it does not film well, they likely need to make changes. Hence why I am so curious. I hope it is not too glitterized, but i do hope they upgrade the belt.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Example 1

Example 2

And I am not sure the sparkly works with the song. It is like a dive bar song, not a glittery bar song.

Liberaced? :biggrin: I think that is a requirement for skaters' costumes. But oh dear: I love Juke, love the choreo (even the faux sprinkler), but did Rohene & co. really need to draw *more* attention to the suspenders? :scratch:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Liberaced? :biggrin: I think that is a requirement for skaters' costumes. But oh dear: I love Juke, love the choreo (even the faux sprinkler), but did Rohene & co. really need to draw *more* attention to the suspenders? :scratch:

I think someone likes suspenders. Someone really likes suspenders. I think like you said they felt a need to jazz it up a bit, but the suspenders were the easy targets. They likely could have added some black sequins down the side of the leg to look a little like the satin stripe on the side of tuxedo pants, but not sure other ideas that would work to jazz it up. Maybe some design on the back like the prince symbol.

Honestly, Im somewhat the type that if you are going to the glittery route, just go all out. It is hard to find the balance between subtle and all out Johnny Weir. Subtle Johnny Weir. . . just does not always work.

I think a darker color on the sparkles would have fit a blues song a bit better. Once again. . . want to see the full effect!

TMC

Record Breaker

Example 1

Example 2

:bang:

It wasn't broken! Why did they have to try and fix it???

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker

It wasn't broken! Why did they have to try and fix it???

LOL! Maybe he just likes his sparkles. Maybe we should just be nicer to Jason wanting to be glittery.

But yeah, It was not broken, it worked. I do want to see what the glitterspenders look like spinning. Im going to just keep thinking that.

w4300

Rinkside
I thought it looked great out on the ice. For me, it seems to fit him. Can't wait to see it again in a few hours.

deetrakt

Rinkside
I thought his Nebelhorn short program costume looked like a "rough draft". The suspenders were loose and the shirt appeared to be a plain long- sleeved shirt with the sleeves rolled up. Don't forget that you're looking at a closeup candid and that most of the audience will be much further away.
If he skates clean, no one will be worrying about the costume!

alabhaois

On the Ice
deetrakt, you wrote, "The suspenders were loose [for his Nebelhorn short program]..." and it looks as
if they still are in the two examples that StitchMonkey posted. Aren't suspenders supposed to lie close
to the body? I find loose suspenders to be a little distracting (like an untied shoe lace)

I hope that if he Liberaces (a new verb has been born!) his T&I costume that it's understated. (Of course
Liberace never was understated, come to think of it...)
:eek:hwell: