Jason Brown | Page 103 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

ice coverage

Record Breaker
‏@USFigureSkating
.@RoheneWard meets daughter of the late Chicago blues legend Little Walter. @jasonbskates performs to Walter's "Juke"
6:37 PM - 24 Oct 2014
https://twitter.com/USFigureSkating/status/525823449219227648 (photo attached)​

Very cool. :cool:
I hope/trust that Jason and Kori also had a chance to meet her and vice versa.​

Just saw this sweet group photo/msg + Jason's comment in return -- from before his SP tonight at Skate America:

mariah_bell_
Good luck tonight Jason!! We love you!! #teamkori #monument @jasonbskates @tyler___pierce @jomosk8 @emilyoltmanns
http://instagram.com/p/ujMtSbJK_-/ (Oct 24)​

jasonbskates
Thanks so much!!! I love you guys!! Hope you guys had a great day!

balletanddancefan

On the Ice
I think the suspenders were great indeed ironic. But the shirt ... with these suspenders decorated needs a simple shirt without paillettes!
Those collar and sleeves :confused:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
(1) Interview with Rohene Ward yesterday (pre-SP) re Juke, Riverdance, etc.
Plus .... sitting with Rohene was Little Walter’s daughter, Marion Diaz Reacco, whom Tanith Belbin interviewed as well -- all as part of IN's backstage video at Skate America.
Great stuff :) from both of Belbin's guests.
The interview starts at approx. 9:30. A paid subscription to IN is not necessary to view the video.

(2) Also very cool :cool: (and tied directly to Jason's program):

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
(1) Interview with Rohene Ward yesterday (pre-SP) re Juke, Riverdance, etc.
Plus .... sitting with Rohene was Little Walter’s daughter, Marion Diaz Reacco, whom Tanith Belbin interviewed as well -- all as part of IN's backstage video at Skate America.
Great stuff :) from both of Belbin's guests.
The interview starts at approx. 9:30. A paid subscription to IN is not necessary to view the video.

(2) Also very cool :cool: (and tied directly to Jason's program):

Thx, Golden. Loving how Little Walter's daughter sees this as reviving and honoring the blues, and now I will need to go listen to some Billy Branch.

After I try the Latvian stream. :yay:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Congrats Jason! I thought he would medal but didn't expect him to get the silver. :yay:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Congratulations, Jason! Here's his FS for those who haven't seen it yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJfPF5SH3Zo

He fell on his 3A in both of his programs. I have a feeling the pressure of being at Skate America in Chicago got to him: you can kind of tell in the video, but the cheers for him were absolutely deafening in the arena and started the moment he came into view. There's no way that level of noise isn't going to jar your attention. He seemed to be a bit tense (maybe rushing in the middle?) in his FS, so overall, BRAVO for managing those nerves and committing to the performance in spite of it!

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
So impressed by how Jason did not let his progräm get away from him despite falls. Shows how far he has grown as a competitor.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Also if you are interested in his detailed results his only UR was on the 3A he fell on. So a nice improvement over Nebelhorn. His step sequence also moved up from a 3 to a 4. So while the falls and bobbles were disappointing, still overall it shows definite progress in the right direction.

Meoima

Match Penalty
After SA now I can say Jason gets the best choreography in the competition. His choreography in the LP is much better than the gold medalist. :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Despite the fall on the 3A, the whole program seems to be coming together beautifully! And the extra UR's are gone :)

Congratulations to Jason on his silver medal! I was not sure he would medal at all with such a talented group of guys at Skate America. I thought for sure Denis Ten and possibly Jeremy might finish ahead of him as well as, of course, Tatsuki.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsR-usCI2B0

There will be Plushies!
Cute fancam of the descent of stuffed animals after Jason's skate. Also, for me, gives a real flavor of the hometown love for Jason (and why they wave at random times from the K&C: it's on a H-U-G-E screen. Well, duh, I didn't think of that...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsR-usCI2B0

There will be Plushies!
Cute fancam of the descent of stuffed animals after Jason's skate. Also, for me, gives a real flavor of the hometown love for Jason (and why they wave at random times from the K&C: it's on a H-U-G-E screen. Well, duh, I didn't think of that...

Really, some of these people needed more practice. There were some SERIOUS noodle-arms going on there. :laugh:

TMC

Record Breaker
Wow-- a virtual avalanche of Plushies!!!

Do other skaters get accolades like this??

Yes I imagine an Olympic gold medallist from the country hosting the Games might - but this avalanche was (at least partly) the result of special circumstances.

Before SA, Jason (via his mum Marla) had made a deal with the Ronald McDonald House charity in Chicago. If you're not familiar with the charity, it basically provides housing for families who have a child/children in hospital, so that the families can stay close during this difficult time. Jason announced that all the plushies he received would go to this charity, so many people brought them - even those who would not normally do the plushie thing. And I imagine some who were reserving gifts for another skater would bring an extra one along for Jason's charity.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yes. It was a great cause and a great response. Jason himself said he was surprised at how big the response was. I'm sure the RMHC are going to be thrilled with the huge load of plushies! Plushy (hehehe) once had to get two SHIPPING CONTAINERS to bring home his plushies (plushies for Plushy?) after a Japan tour once.

Still, some dreadful noodle-arms in that video. Audience needs more practice. :laugh: