Jason Brown | Page 108 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

TMC

Record Breaker
No, I think he generally does the 3f-3t in the secon half cause usually he is consistent on it. And he can't do another -3t combo due to Zayak.

That said they probably put the -2t on thr first axel so he can focus on doing second 3A solo in the second half and not worry about getting -REP as he did the last few outings.

Ahh yes I'd forgotten about Zayak. Thank you Mrs P!

By the way, I really appreciated your taking the time to "defend" our Jason on the Men's SP thread :thumbsup:

TMC

Record Breaker
Ahh yes I'd forgotten about Zayak. Thank you Mrs P!

By the way, I really appreciated your taking the time to "defend" our Jason on the Men's SP thread :thumbsup:

ETA: Just thought of something. As I remember the Zayak rule, it states that you can only repeat a jump once, and the second jump has to be in combination.Wouldn't this mean that it's ok to do both of those jumps in combination?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
ETA: Just thought of something. As I remember the Zayak rule, it states that you can only repeat a jump once, and the second jump has to be in combination.Wouldn't this mean that it's ok to do both of those jumps in combination?

Yes!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So then he could in theory do a 3A-3T?

Yes instead of the 3f-3t. He could also do the -1l-3s combo on the 3a instead of the 3z. But then he have to do a different combo on the 3z since he repeats that jump.

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
Yes instead of the 3f-3t. He could do the -1l-3s combo on the 3a instead of the 3z. But then he have to do a different combo on the 3z since he repeats that jump.

Why not in addition to? He'd only have two 3Ts then?

TMC

Record Breaker
Awwww when Jason burst into tears after his skate tonight, so did I :cry:

Happy tears though! But he looked so lost for a second that I wanted to fly to Russia and give him a big hug

balletanddancefan

On the Ice

Happy tears though! But he looked so lost for a second that I wanted to fly to Russia and give him a big hug
Me tooo! Le lacrime di Jason! The tears of Jason! OMG! What a sensibile young man!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Likewise. It also made me wonder about the Twitter photo with the "happy messages" jar from earlier this week. I remember thinking why would Jason need happy thoughts (although don't we all?) But he fought for the FS, and now he can refine it for Nats.

On a different point, I always liked the original ending to Juke, (or actually the first two, Broadmoor and Glacier Falls) and this new one has always just about caught the last wafting note, and not at all at Rostelecom. Time to refine that one too?

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Likewise. It also made me wonder about the Twitter photo with the "happy messages" jar from earlier this week. I remember thinking why would Jason need happy thoughts (although don't we all?) But he fought for the FS, and now he can refine it for Nats.

On a different point, I always liked the original ending to Juke, (or actually the first two, Broadmoor and Glacier Falls) and this new one has always just about caught the last wafting note, and not at all at Rostelecom. Time to refine that one too?

I think they changed the Juke ending because they did not want both programs to end in a sorta kneeling position. The ending of T&I does work well, so I guess they changed Juke instead.

He likely was mentally affected by the death of his manager. It has to be stressful. I think it was just hard for Jason to be perky and happy in the SP so soon after. Hard to just fake that energy.

It did look like they had added some more accents and gestures and such between jumps. I look forward to seeing it in January.

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Jason posted on instagram

jasonbskates
3 minutes ago
This has been an extremely difficult and emotional week. My manager, Shep Goldberg, passed the morning I left for Russia, and I want to dedicate last nights free skate to him...It wasn't perfect, but I fought and gave it everything I had just like he has always done. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Over the past 8 months we've worked together, he's left such an impact on my life. #integrity #class #rolemodel

LRK

Record Breaker
It was visibly a very emotional skate - it was very intense; and I think the crowd felt it too; listen to their reaction well before Jason's even finished...