Page 2 of 161 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Brown

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Icing on the cake is that Jason Brown @jasonbskates is such a gracious young man.

Two of his numerous tweets pertaining to Glacier Falls:

Thanks everyone for all the support, kind words, and cheering on the senior men at Glacier Falls! Means a lot to us! pic.twitter.com/MLSJ73DAzy

@sho_om You are the best Shotaro!! Love your programs and loved seeing you this week!

Custom Title
    He is ridiculously adorable. Such a sweetheart!

Tripping on the Podium
    I love his personality. It is perfect for him now. The question will be whether he can grow out of the adorable Peter Pan and become a man - a men's singles champion - athlete - one to follow, admire, become the SENIOR MAN. I hope so. Not sure what direction that all takes. Thoughts? Is he always going to be "adored" for his sweetness and all around gentle good kid, or will that not "work" so well when he is 21+?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Celine View Post
    I love his personality. It is perfect for him now. The question will be whether he can grow out of the adorable Peter Pan and become a man - a men's singles champion - athlete - one to follow, admire, become the SENIOR MAN. I hope so. Not sure what direction that all takes. Thoughts? Is he always going to be "adored" for his sweetness and all around gentle good kid, or will that not "work" so well when he is 21+?
    I can't say for sure, but I imagine a sweet gentle good guy has massive appeal even when he's 21+.

Besides, it'll play into the NBC's hands for future fluff pieces perfectly. You know, the sweet, innocent, charming All-American Boy vs the Evil Communist Russian.

Custom Title
    Jason has been assigned to compete at the Nebelhorn Trophy from 25-28 September!

http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00028003.htm

Oda, Dmitriev and Martinez are his only opponents of note (given that Nebelhorn is largely a qualifying comp for us little guys). This could be a nice cushy intro to international Seniors. Get the programs out internationally, see how they score, get the quad out. He beat Martinez last time they met, and Dmitriev hasn't been skating well for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Jason has been assigned to compete at the Nebelhorn Trophy from 25-28 September!

http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00028003.htm

Oda, Dmitriev and Martinez are his only opponents of note (given that Nebelhorn is largely a qualifying comp for us little guys). This could be a nice cushy intro to international Seniors. Get the programs out internationally, see how they score, get the quad out. He beat Martinez last time they met, and Dmitriev hasn't been skating well for quite a while.
    That's great! Also scores from this competition count toward ISU personal bests!

Custom Title
    .... You know, the sweet, innocent, charming All-American Boy vs the Evil Communist Russian.
    Well who will that Evil Communist Russian counterpart be? Kovtun? You know Kovtun has a nickname among Chinese fans: crown prince(the heir to the throne of Russian skating monarchy)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yyyskate View Post
    Well who will that Evil Communist Russian counterpart be? Kovtun? You know Kovtun has a nickname among Chinese fans: crown prince(the heir to the throne of Russian skating monarchy)
    Could be Kovtun, could be Gachinski (the real Prince, the true heir, thankyou very much!). Who knows? All we know is, the NBC will do it, because for whatever reason, the Americans still cling to the Cold War.

Custom Title
    USFSA tweeted this video from the Champs Camp dinner. Jason flips out!

He does apparently have gymnastics in his past and it shows.

Custom Title
    USFSA tweeted this video from the Champs Camp dinner. Jason flips out!

He does apparently have gymnastics in his past and it shows.
    that was super cute

Jason Brown ‏@jasonbskates
    First Day of College! And this is what I find hanging outside of my classroom! Guess it's fate!  @USFigureSkating pic.twitter.com/H5RwYpKjZE
    12:31 PM - 26 Aug 13
    https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/sta...78872440754177

ETA, Brown apparently has chosen to study Japanese at college, per his latest tweet.

" ... Learned my vowels in Japanese class today pic.twitter.com/wXo7Q0JB4G"
    8:34 PM - 28 Aug 13
    https://twitter.com/jasonbskates/sta...25097210019842

Hot off the press: new installment of Brown's season-long blog for IN.

Jason the dream: Brown recaps hectic summer
    Skater debuts programs, takes vacation, attends Champs Camp

Posted 8/29/13
    by Jason Brown, special to icenetwork
    http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2013/...-hectic-summer

A hodge-podge of good stuff.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Good stuff indeed!

I hope Jason has the nerve to say hi to Michelle or Chris Dean the next time he sees them

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Good stuff indeed!

I hope Jason has the nerve to say hi to Michelle or Chris Dean the next time he sees them
    I hope so too. I would like to believe that icons like Kwan and Dean themselves would be honored to meet as great a skater and person as Jason.

ETA: With any luck, now that Brown is based in Colorado Springs, another chance with Dean is not unrealistic.

The link below is to the gallery of five photos that are intended to accompany Jason Brown's blog. (But oddly the blog itself does not link to the photo gallery. I stumbled upon the link to the photos on IN's Facebook page.)

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    IN's reformat has a lot of stuff that doesn't work just now.

Page 2 of 161 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast