in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Of course he drew last. Of course. :laugh:

Commencing internal anxious pacing!

musicfan80

Medalist
That last group looks insane for Ross and Jason - especially if Nathan skates lights out.

Wasn't the final men's SP at 2015 U.S. Nationals packed crazy?! I think that the last group at 2014 Nationals SP was as well. I think last year's was just a normal nail biter. :laugh:

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
That last group looks insane for Ross and Jason - especially if Nathan skates lights out.

Wasn't the final men's SP at 2015 U.S. Nationals packed crazy?! I think that the last group at 2014 Nationals SP was as well. I think last year's was just a normal nail biter. :laugh:

The 2013 first group in the men's SP was loaded, in a reverse from the normal: Max (first of all!), Joshua, Jason, Ricky (IIRC).

Jason's in a good spot but damn am I worried about Max.

Tavi...

Record Breaker

Well, at SA he went last, right after Uno; at 2015 Worlds, he went last, after Hanyu, Ten and Fernandez, so this shouldn't be a problem. I do worry about the effect of the wait time due to his injury, but not on his psyche.

Ross74

Medalist
Okay for those of you not inhabiting the practice thread, here's the news:
Jason drew last in the SP - surprise!

So, it sounds like there's a history of Jason skating last. I'm familiar with the Olympics, but what else?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So, it sounds like there's a history of Jason skating last. I'm familiar with the Olympics, but what else?

Worlds 2015, where he had a perfect FS after having to go right after Hanyu, is one of the better ones

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

Off the top of my head:
2012 Jr. Worlds
2013 Jr. Worlds
2015 Worlds FS
2016 Skate America

those were in the free skate --- drawing last in the SP is a new development, ha.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Off the top of my head:
2012 Jr. Worlds
2013 Jr. Worlds
2015 Worlds FS
2016 Skate America

those were in the free skate --- drawing last in the SP is a new development, ha.

Because until this year, SP order was set by world standing, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Because until this year, SP order was set by world standing, right?

That's part of it -- but U.S. Nationals has always been a random draw.

In his years at nationals his SP draws:
2011- 7
2012 -16 (final group)
2013 -4
2014- 9
2015 -12

So with the exception of 2012, he's generally drawn on the earlier side of things.

Mrs P how did you edit my post?!!! I tried to give you a thumb, and it wouldn't because it recognizes your post as mine!!!

Anyway thanks to you and Karne for info.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Mrs P how did you edit my post?!!! I tried to give you a thumb, and it wouldn't because it recognizes your post as mine!!!

Anyway thanks to you and Karne for info.

Opps....I think I meant to reply to your post....but I edited instead (moderator power -- promise I don't use it often!)

Putting it here, lol.

That's part of it -- but U.S. Nationals has always been a random draw.

In his years at nationals his SP draws:
2011- 7
2012 -16 (final group)
2013 -4
2014- 9
2015 -12

So with the exception of 2012, he's generally drawn on the earlier side of things.