Page 37 of 161 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 87 137 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Brown

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    NBC's fluff before they go primetime at 8: Jason says he lost ~12 pounds because of the movement in his program. Regarding his costume: "They had to keep taking it in and taking it in"

Quote Originally Posted by Chemistry66 View Post
    NBC's fluff before they go primetime at 8: Jason says he lost ~12 pounds because of the movement in his program. Regarding his costume: "They had to keep taking it in and taking it in"
    12 pounds?! How the heck....does that boy even have room to lose 12 pounds?

Custom Title
    "This content is currently unavailable"

I've been worrying about this all season, I thought he looked so horribly skinny up top especially, in his arms. I thought I was being paranoid. Oh Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    "This content is currently unavailable"

I've been worrying about this all season, I thought he looked so horribly skinny up top especially, in his arms. I thought I was being paranoid. Oh Jason.
    I wouldn't worry too much. It's not like he has an eating disorder. He eats pretty decently, lol. He likes bacon. It's just because of the skating and the exercise.

I wouldn't worry too much. It's not like he has an eating disorder. He eats pretty decently, lol. He likes bacon. It's just because of the skating and the exercise.
    I'm not worried either. I'm just thinking, logistically, how the boy can lose 12 pounds. I mean he's pretty skinny already!

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I'm not worried either. I'm just thinking, logistically, how the boy can lose 12 pounds. I mean he's pretty skinny already!
    Feel better, Mrs. P.

Off-topic question for "puppy girl" , aka Chem66, re the same Olympic Zone piece by Belbin about costumes:

How many crystals did Zhang's (male) coach glue to her costume? The order of magnitude boggled my mind, but now I've already forgotten what the number was. Five hundred??

And Mrs. P, I too was surprised about Jason and the twelve pounds. Also surprising was that the NBC piece mentioned it almost as a throwaway line ... in very offhand fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Feel better, Mrs. P.

Off-topic question for "puppy girl" , aka Chem66, re the same Olympic Zone piece by Belbin about costumes:
    [/INDENT]How many crystals did Zhang's (male) coach glue to her costume? The order of magnitude boggled my mind, but now I've already forgotten what the number was. Five hundred??

And Mrs. P, I too was surprised about Jason and the twelve pounds. Also surprising was that the NBC piece mentioned it almost as a throwaway line ... in very offhand fashion. [/INDENT]
    ...A lot? I didn't pay attention to the exact number lol

Rinkside
    does anyone have a video of Jason's SP? I have access to the nbcolympics stream, but I can't seem to fast forward to the parts I want to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by salander View Post
    does anyone have a video of Jason's SP? I have access to the nbcolympics stream, but I can't seem to fast forward to the parts I want to watch!
    http://deadspin.com/your-guide-to-ja...-bu-1522244096

This article as a video of the SP at the end of it...

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    http://deadspin.com/your-guide-to-ja...-bu-1522244096

This article as a video of the SP at the end of it...
    Thank you so much!

I can't believe what just happened...my husband came home from work & I handed him the tv remote: "Here, the Finland-Norway hockey match is on in 5 minutes". Him: "That's ok, I think I'm gonna watch figure skating on my laptop".

WHAAAAAAAAT???

On top of it all, we're Finnish and hockey is like the only sport we're good at & the only one he usually watches

(I'm not watching the skating live - way too nervous)

It looks like his performance is headed to the 4,000,000 mark w/3,960,890 at 3:20pm central time on February 14, 2014.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I wish he had been able to skate Riverdance that well at Sochi, but at least he had a PB and one of 5 clean SPs of 30 performed. I hope he gets to go to Worlds.

Custom Title
    I think he did well for his first major international competition. Next quad the moon?

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I wish he had been able to skate Riverdance that well at Sochi, but at least he had a PB and one of 5 clean SPs of 30 performed. I hope he gets to go to Worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnsaneLily87 View Post
    I think he did well for his first major international competition. Next quad the moon?
    While would have been nice to repeat his Nationals performance, but at least it wasn't a complete meltdown, a la Laëtitia Hubert from '92. He continued to perform, perform until the very end (it's something that Robin Cousins noted; he noted he STILL enjoyed the performance despite the mistakes).

As I said in the Men's Free Skate thread, I think part of it is getting used to his new role. He's always been sort of a dark horse, the guy that doesn't have the technical content but can wow with other stuff/consistency. When you think about his major victories in his career, they came when he wasn't necessarily the favorite. He won the JGPF in 2011 when Han Yan did poorly. Although Joshua Farris won Jr. Worlds last year it was Jason who won the free skate. And of course this year's nationals when Jeremy won the competition, but he came in and wowed everybody (and in that competition he was one of several men who could have gotten the spot).

He sort of had a taste of that at Skate America when he was second in the SP. Same thing happened in the free skate. But the Olympics is a whole new bag and if his goal was to get top 10, getting sixth in the SP and to skate in the final group I bet is overwhelming!

I'm sure Kori, in her infinite wisdom, will process all this with Jason later. My hope is that she will say, "You had a taste of what it's like to be a contender at the senior international level; now go and be that contender."

And I hope we'll get to see him at Worlds and see the positive results from that lessons he gained at the Olympics. I really want him to get a new PB TES as a senior!

Page 37 of 161 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 87 137 ... LastLast