Jason Brown | Page 38 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Anyone else having trouble voting? The site's been down/very buggy for me since yesterday. Hope Jason manages to stay in second place. Found the official rules and it turns out the top two, not three, will win based on the popular vote. The OC Tanner & US Olympic committees will then select two more recipients of the Inspiration Award for a total of 8 rings awarded (the other 4 goes to the Paraolympians).

Curious, where did you find the official rules?

I'm sure that even if Kori didn't win by popular vote (though it looks pretty good right now), she would have a good shot at the at-large award.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Curious, where did you find the official rules?

I'm sure that even if Kori didn't win by popular vote (though it looks pretty good right now), she would have a good shot at the at-large award.

The rules are here:

From page 2:
Eight (8) prizes will be awarded during the sweepstakes.
(4) Inspiration Award Winners, (2) Olympians and (2) Paralympians, will be based on popular vote on​
www.octanner.com/olympics.
(2) Inspiration Award Winners, (1) Olympian and (1) Paralympian, will be chosen by O.C. Tanner employees.
(2) Inspiration Award Winners (1) Olympian and (1) Paralympian will be chosen by the U.S. Olympic Committee.

BTW, a photo of what seems to be the ring that will be awarded is here:

CCC

Rinkside
I vote early Eastern time, and it goes pretty fast, but I do find that the more Voters at one time, the slower the site gets.

waxel

Final Flight
I would love to see them have a long, sustained and successful career together. Hmm. Kinda like Boitano and Lever...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Jason is at the 200k mark!

Nick Baumgartner: 385,906
Jason Brown: 200,279
Cur Tomasevicz: 150,033
Eddy Alverez: 147,830
Jessica Smith: 106,835

CCC

Rinkside
Voting going much faster. Sometimes it does slow down when there are lots of voters.

TMC

Record Breaker
233209!

Tempted to comment the link in that YT video comments thread :biggrin:

CCC

Rinkside
Let's show what Figure Skating Fans can do! To show that we want Jason and Kori to take the Top Prize for inspiration!
Nick Baumgartner 401,043
Jason Brown 232,500
Curt Tomasevicz 154,406
Eddy Alvarez 148,408
Jessica Smith 110,293

CCC

Rinkside
Some serious Power Voting going on!
Nick Baumgartner 404,198
Jason Brown 248,440
Curt Tomasevicz 156,096
Eddy Alvarez 148,686
Jessica Smith 111,911

Let's Bring On the Votes!

Sloopy

On the Ice
250942 Abolutely love him!

When is the deadline for voting? I plan to vote 100 x a day from multiple computers until either my fingers fall off, or my computers explode.:eek::

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
250942 Abolutely love him!

When is the deadline for voting? I plan to vote 100 x a day from multiple computers until either my fingers fall off, or my computers explode.:eek::

Sunday! And welcome to Golden Skate!

Sloopy

On the Ice
Sunday! And welcome to Golden Skate!

Thanks for the welcome Mrs. P. I have only been a member of GoldenSkate for a couple of months now, but I have come to realize that you pretty much have all of the answers!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the welcome Mrs. P. I have only been a member of GoldenSkate for a couple of months now, but I have come to realize that you pretty much have all of the answers!

Aw, that's kind of you, but I definitely don't always have all the answers. Many times its a matter of some major power Googling. :)

And hello, Mr. Brown, it's your 300k votes!

Nick Baumgartner: 420,028
Jason Brown: 300,237
Curt Tomasevicz: 162,845
Eddy Alverez: 149,160
Jessica Smith: 114,608

100k votes in ONE DAY. He might have a shot at getting the first place spot!

noskates

Record Breaker
I got my 100 in and will keep doing it until the polls close. I think it's pretty neat that USFSA is tweeting about this and urging people to vote. Nice that they're supportive.

TMC

Record Breaker
I got my 100 in and will keep doing it until the polls close. I think it's pretty neat that USFSA is tweeting about this and urging people to vote. Nice that they're supportive.

:)

They know that he's the best thing that's happened to the sport in years (and even if I didn't like his style I'd still say this - I bet he's brought in a ton of new fs fans!)

Last edited: