Page 39 of 162 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 89 139 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Brown

Also, I was looking for something in my journal this morning and the page where Jason put his autograph at nationals popped up. It made me smile. I also noticed for the first time that he actually put a heart at the end of his signature. Too cute.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    So will I always be a fan. Jason's skating makes me smile, even when he doesn't earn high scores.
    Me,too- even as I realized he would not medal, I didn't stop smiling. There's just joy there

On the Ice
    "Hug me!" says Jason (around 1:40 mark) Oh you don't even know...

Also, this is completely silly and I can't make out half of what's being said but someone actually did a palm reading of Jason

Quote Originally Posted by ranjake View Post
    Me,too- even as I realized he would not medal, I didn't stop smiling. There's just joy there
    Me three. Has he ever had a truly "bad" performance? I don't think he's capable!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Also, I was looking for something in my journal this morning and the page where Jason put his autograph at nationals popped up. It made me smile. I also noticed for the first time that he actually put a heart at the end of his signature. Too cute.
    Oh, that's so adorable!!!!!!!!!

http://instagram.com/p/kaqtGBzXIF

jasonbskates
    2 hours ago
    I've had an absolute blast competing over the past week!! The long program tonight didn't go as well as I know I could have done it, but I enjoyed every moment...From winning bronze with my teammates in the team event to finishing in the top 10 in the individual event...I can't wait to take this experience and the lessons I've learned with me into the future! I truly can't thank everyone enough for the endless support, love, and kind words over the past week!!! Means so much to me! So excited to say that this is only the beginning of my journey... #sochi2014 #teamusa

And boy are we all ready to come along, Jason!

Custom Title
    http://instagram.com/p/kaqtGBzXIF

jasonbskates
    2 hours ago
    I've had an absolute blast competing over the past week!! The long program tonight didn't go as well as I know I could have done it, but I enjoyed every moment...From winning bronze with my teammates in the team event to finishing in the top 10 in the individual event...I can't wait to take this experience and the lessons I've learned with me into the future! I truly can't thank everyone enough for the endless support, love, and kind words over the past week!!! Means so much to me! So excited to say that this is only the beginning of my journey... #sochi2014 #teamusa

And boy are we all ready to come along, Jason!
    We are already on the ride! And, ummmm, what a breath of fresh air and joy and happiness....seriously, I can't stop smiling!!!

Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    We are already on the ride! And, ummmm, what a breath of fresh air and joy and happiness....seriously, I can't stop smiling!!!
    Me too. It's a nice break from all the angst and anger. I mean I understand Jason is a different place, but still it's nice to read this after Jeremy is giving f-bombs for what should have been the ultimate feel good story.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Programming note for U.S viewers of the NBC telecasts:
    Meredith Vieira just said that she will have an interview with Jason on the NBC late-night broadcast. (The late-night show airs from 12:05 a.m. – 1:05 a.m. ET.)

Very cute, Mrs. P.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    I agree. I think what I appreciate most about Jason is that even if he had a disaster of a skate, I never worry about his mental health. Other skaters, you feel terrible when they struggle because you know THEY feel terrible. Jason on the other hand, is just as motivated, hard-working, goal-oriented as others but you know that whatever happens he'll be secure and happy within himself, because his self-worth extends beyond skating. That's such a lovely quality to have. He's an inspiration and pleasure to root for.

4,010,611 views!!!

118 627 for one of the SP vids.

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I am not at all sure. I thought if you don't rotate at all, it isn't a jump, but it appears the tech panel gets to be mind readers. I also haven't seen slow mo of the section of the FS with the axle in question. Maybe Jason did take off, but walleys and other half turn jumps are not counted as jumps, so I don't g e t it. I think if I were Kori,I might have challenged the call, but I haven't spent as much time with the singles rules as with dance.

I hope someone with more knowledge will explain the call.
    Sue Barker was saying that in the rule books it says something about "intention". Even she was laughing about the rule. Sounds exactly like mind-reading to me.

Jason was fun to watch at late-night. My favorite part was him saying "I've seen this set on TV! And now I'm here and it's real!" HAHA.

I think he's still processing the entire year. He is thrilled to be in the top 10 as, he pointed out, it's just the beginning. I found it interesting when they asked him if he thought about the possibility, he said "of course, you know anything is possible." But that ultimately he just wanted to go out there and perform.

Also this photo: http://ohtheseskaters.tumblr.com/post/76609748295

Custom Title
    Oh Mrs P, that photo is so cute!!!!!!!!!!

Heh, it looks like a few of those 4million views came from someone extremely well-known...

Plushenko became a huge fan of Brown after being shown an online video of the youngster performing at the U.S. Championships in Boston last month. He wasn't alone, either. Brown's "Riverdance" performance in the long program generated more than 3.9 million views online.

"It is a really cool relationship," Brown said. "I respect him so much and to know that he respects me and what I do is huge as well.

"[Plushenko] has been so nice to me and so supportive over the past week. When we had team practice he came up to me and said, 'I am such a huge fan of yours.' I was like, 'What? No, no, no, no, like I am such a huge fan of yours.' And I was like, 'You're amazing' and he's like, 'No, you're amazing' – and you know like right off the bat I was so relaxed.

"He is such an incredible person and that meant so much to me and that support instantly made me feel calm from the second I stepped on the ice."
    From here.

oneofusoneofusoneofus

Custom Title
    What a lovely encounter between Plushy and Jason, and how gracious of Plushy.

I think Jason's program was lovely, but you can see that he still has potential to refine his movements and add flow, so that he will be even better. I think he's still lacking a certain crispness. At nineteen, he has so much to look forward to!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Olympia, would you say the same about his SP? The FS is a marathon of a skate, with no resting spots to speak of, requiring great quickness of foot and amazing lightness. I would be interested to see how many other skaters could do it..I think Hanyu could, if he had the stamina, and Diasuke, but Abbott could not, for example.

It is easier to have nicely finished movements when skating to elegies and dirges, and other slow music, which is what so many of the other skaters seem to be using. Question of U is more comparable to the sort of music the other guys are using. This droning stuff is one reason that singles skating has become more boring to me to watch. The ladies with endless tinkly piano numbers, the men with dark, heavy pieces. There are of course brighter spots, but the requirement for deep edges to get credit in steps leads to these sorts of music choice, I think.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 02-15-2014 at 11:55 AM.

Page 39 of 162 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 89 139 ... LastLast