Jason Brown | Page 39 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

mintx

On the Ice
I've voted for several days in a row but I feel guilty for not voting every day from the beginning. His letter to Kori is so touching!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Thanks for the welcome Mrs. P. I have only been a member of GoldenSkate for a couple of months now, but I have come to realize that you pretty much have all of the answers!

I'm a member of the Mrs P fan club so I completely agree!

:)

Off to put my 100 for the day in...

...and it's up to 319, 700...

CCC

Rinkside
Jason Favorited my Tweet from yesterday! Today could be the day Skate Fans take Jason and Kori into the 1st!
Nick Baumgartner 427,444
Jason Brown 327,518
Curt Tomasevicz 165,487
Eddy Alvarez 149,430
Jessica Smith 115,910

Sloopy

On the Ice

Just put in my final vote on my work laptop. I have another 100 for my personal laptop when I get home tonight.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm a member of the Mrs P fan club so I completely agree!

Off to put my 100 for the day in...

...and it's up to 319, 700...

I have a fan club?! :cool:

I have a feeling that Jason's meteoric rise in the voting is not just a reflection of a strong fan base but a strong base with tons of Internet-connected devices....

Not talking about me of course.... :slink:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

I have a feeling that Jason's meteoric rise in the voting is not just a reflection of a strong fan base but a strong base with tons of Internet-connected devices....

Not talking about me of course.... :slink:

Carpal tunnel? We don't care about your steenkin carpal tunnel... Time to vote again...

BlackPack

Medalist
Mrs P.... it seems that despite our clicking paws' 100 votes per day are still trailing behind Nick Baum (sp?) by 100,000 votes. What to do? Aren't there bot votes programs?

merinheart

Rinkside
I have no clue whether Mr. Nick is getting a little help from his bot "friends" but it's a bit fishy/disconcerting how he can seemingly get hundreds of votes per minute when it takes me that long just to click through a few votes. Ugh. It seemed like yesterday there was a real possibility for Jason to take first place but now it's looking more unlikely...

Edit: And just as I say that, it looks like voting is going a bit faster now! Heads up for those who might have had trouble voting earlier. :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Don't be disheartned, Jason and Kori fans.

Jason has actually narrowed the gap quite quickly as you can see in this nifty chart I just made:
I think he still has a shot at first place.

(More nerdiness, BusyMom!)

Last edited:

BlackPack

Medalist
We need an auto-bot.... my fingers can't take it, plus the site is very slow at times. Cool chart Mrs P

Sloopy

On the Ice
OMG! I just realized that I have a smartphone...another 100 votes going Jason's way. :yay:

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Mrs P.... it seems that despite our clicking paws' 100 votes per day are still trailing behind Nick Baum (sp?) by 100,000 votes. What to do? Aren't there bot votes programs?

I have no clue whether Mr. Nick is getting a little help from his bot "friends" but it's a bit fishy/disconcerting how he can seemingly get hundreds of votes per minute when it takes me that long just to click through a few votes. Ugh. It seemed like yesterday there was a real possibility for Jason to take first place but now it's looking more unlikely...

Edit: And just as I say that, it looks like voting is going a bit faster now! Heads up for those who might have had trouble voting earlier. :)

Don't be disheartned, Jason and Kori fans.

Jason has actually narrowed the gap quite quickly as you can see in this nifty chart I just made:
I think he still has a shot at first place. ...

Card-carrying member of the Mrs. P fan club here. Thx for the chart. :bow:
And hats off to all who loyally are clicking as fast as they can to support Jason/Kori.

That said, I gotta laugh ;) at some of the comments here.
I imagine that the other entries and those whom they nominated are raising their eyebrows at the disconcerting rate of votes for Jason/Kori.
So if you are feeling uneasy over the possibility that others have turned to 'bot software, obviously they could be wondering the same thing about Jason/Kori.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Card-carrying member of the Mrs. P fan club here. Thx for the chart. :bow:
And hats off to all who loyally are clicking as fast as they can to support Jason/Kori.

That said, I gotta laugh ;) at some of the comments here.
I imagine that the other entries and those whom they nominated are raising their eyebrows at the disconcerting rate of votes for Jason/Kori.
So if you are feeling uneasy over the possibility that others have turned to 'bot software, obviously they could be wondering the same thing about Jason/Kori.

THanks, golden411. Your membership in my fan club is appreciated.

And I wasn't going to say it, but since you brought it up....I was thinking the same thing. Jason vote count is going up REALLY fast.

That said, there is an easy explanation: USFS, who has been sending reminders daily to vote, has 54k likes on its FB page and 55k followers on Twitter. Let's say that half of those followers/likes are from the same people. So if 50k people vote just once = 50,000 votes in one day.

Chances are many of those 50k people are at least voting multiple times if not the full 100x a day. So it doesn't seem that crazy for Jason to get 100k+ votes a day.

As for Nick Baumgartner, he has 3.2k followers on Twitter and 14k likes on Facebook.

This super cute post from Nick of his son: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...73741825.445653552174615&type=1&stream_ref=10
garnered 140 reshares and 163 likes.

So Baumgartner clearly has his share of fans voting with fervor as well.

Also, IIRC, the top 2 get the ring by popular vote....and Jason is well into second place, so really it's all good. I guess it would be great to get voting bragging rights...but it's not absolutely necessary.

Last edited: