Jason Brown | Page 399 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Ross74

Medalist
I've never thought much about his costumes before, but I kinda want him to keep this one for Hamilton.

I've loved this SP costume since I first saw it live at the Nats send-off. And it does look like it would suit Hamilton. I'm just afraid someone is going to add white ruffles to whatever the costume turns out to be.

Good luck to Jason! I'll be sound asleep when he skates.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've loved this SP costume since I first saw it live at the Nats send-off. And it does look like it would suit Hamilton. I'm just afraid someone is going to add white ruffles to whatever the costume turns out to be.

Good luck to Jason! I'll be sound asleep when he skates.

I also think the SP costume would be great for Hamilton. But ruffles :eeking: Remember the first "Question of U" costume? Of course, he was not fully matured then, but all those ruffles were NOT a good look, no matter how realistic.

(I went looking for a photo of the first Prince costume and couldn't find it. There was a funny comment on the "Go Fug Yourself" website; the poster made clear that she thought the Piano was a beautiful program, but had Jason saying "I borrowed this entire costume from Evan Lysacek". Coming from a place of love, it was amusing:laugh:

madforskating

On the Ice
Well, then, you all have a great explanation for why Raf might not take on Jason. Understandable. I just think that if he wants to move on up, he's going to need a little help on quads.
It's doable though. If he gets 4T+2T, 4T, and 4S combined with his skating skills, he'll be right in with the rest of the quad daredevils in no time.

TMC

Record Breaker
Keeping my fingers crossed for another set of PBs this week!

By the way, any guesses what Jason's FS music could be? I have absolutely no idea. But I would like this :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
You know...I actually...wouldn't mind seeing this SP kept. It is so damn pretty.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can imagine why he is so popular. His happy energy affects the entire audience.

I noticed that when the camera panned to the teams while Jason was doing his signature camel/biellmann spin, Team Japan was applauding in addition to Team USA. (Team Russia was not, lol).

Shows that Team Japan is as much a fan of Jason as the ticket holding audience.

madforskating

On the Ice
I would say so. The judges are finally giving him the scores he deserves, so I do think 1 quad could get him at least to 98 or 99. If the judges are generous (and I think they'll score him even higher on PCS when he's a contender with a quad) he'll be up and over 100.
Also super proud of his PCS here (45.89) - tied Yuzuru, beat Patrick, and only Shoma was higher!

madforskating

On the Ice
You know...I actually...wouldn't mind seeing this SP kept. It is so damn pretty.

I love it SO much. You know the funny thing is, when I first saw it at Ice Chips as a gala I was not really a fan of the song...but it started growing on me and by Skate America I was obsessed. I could watch it all day.

Ross74

Medalist
A quote from Jason about his short, from this GS article.

USA’s Jason Brown didn’t attempt a quad, but his triples, spins and footwork, the whole package of his program to “Writing’s on the Wall” by Sam Smith were sublime. He ranked fifth (94.32 points).

“It’s always great to end the season with a personal best,” he said. “I couldn’t have been more excited at Worlds to break into the 90-point range so to beat that score here, I couldn’t be happier. I’m really, really thrilled."

TMC
I think this is close to what you said about wanting to end the season on a high note. ;)

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
A quote from Jason about his short, from this GS article.

TMC
I think this is close to what you said about wanting to end the season on a high note. ;)

Awww that was so nice to read, I was kind of wondering how he felt about finally breaking 90 (and smashing it to smithereens!).

TMC

Record Breaker
Did anybody watch the WTT on TV in the US? I wonder what they said about Jason's programme, whoever the commentator was :)

jacky

On the Ice
Ashley did great so far so did chock and bates Nathen chen and Jason brown. and yes we got too show the love for Jason brown go team usa!:yahoo:

madforskating

On the Ice
Ashley did great so far so did chock and bates Nathen chen and Jason brown. and yes we got too show the love for Jason brown go team usa!:yahoo:

Team USA slaying as always! I'm a little surprised at how stingy the judges were with Ashley (but that belongs in a different thread). As for Jason though, he was amazing and I'm so happy for him. Keep up the good work for the free!