Page 42 of 141 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 92 ... LastLast
Results 616 to 630 of 2104

Thread: Jason Brown

  1. #616
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,693
    New Yorker on Jason: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...son-brown.html

    Also noteworthy to me because I am quite familiar with the writer, Jose Antonio Vargas. He wrote a piece in the New York Times Magazine a few years ago basically admitting that he was an undocumented immigrant that got quite a bit of attention (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/26/ma...pagewanted=all). He remains "undocumented" at this point.

    Great to see him cover Jason Brown with the same great writing he does with his other work.

  2. #617
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7
    YES! Rohene choreographed both Jason's short and long programs. He's been choreographing Jason (amongst others) for years.

  3. #618
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Falling-again!-at an ice rink near you!
    Posts
    1,998
    Just a note of interest to show you how far Jason Brown has come, not that long ago people were wondering if he would EVER succeed on the senior level:
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...ture-Prospects

    Makes for some very interesting reading...

  4. #619
    Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Chemistry Building
    Posts
    1,474
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Just a note of interest to show you how far Jason Brown has come, not that long ago people were wondering if he would EVER succeed on the senior level:
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...ture-Prospects

    Makes for some very interesting reading...
    It's one of those things that proves just how much sports like figure skating can turn on a dime. Skater A is doing well but then gets stagnant and never really achieves true potential. Skater B is doing decent but could do better with more skills, starts gaining those skills, and then sees a massive uptick in their scoring and skating.

  5. #620
    Custom Title Skatetomusic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    165
    continuing the count
    there is Free skate with 4,146,111 has gone up more than 2,000 since I checked the number within a few minutes
    2nd free skate video adds 101,704 has gone up 200 within a few minutes
    3rd free skate video adds 88,591 add 100
    4th Free skate video adds 8,415 ad 17
    With the math I did 4,344,821

    with added totals 4,348,121 Still probably higher. Jason is still going up

  6. #621
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,693
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Just a note of interest to show you how far Jason Brown has come, not that long ago people were wondering if he would EVER succeed on the senior level:
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...ture-Prospects

    Makes for some very interesting reading...
    Yes, yes it does.

    The good news is that there is a sequel. : http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...-Prospects-2-0

  7. #622
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Falling-again!-at an ice rink near you!
    Posts
    1,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Yes, yes it does.

    The good news is that there is a sequel. : http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...-Prospects-2-0
    I really need to keep up with the changing times...


  8. #623
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,693
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    I really need to keep up with the changing times...

    Totally. Watch out for Jason Brown's Future Prospects 3.0, where we actually speculate his prospects by taking a Delorian going back to his Novice performances back in 2009 because according to some posters here, he is trapped as a novice skater due to the dysfunction (read: lack of a quad) of his jumps.

    Won't lie, I totally trying to incorporate the plot of Back to the Future III with this future thread.

  9. #624
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Falling-again!-at an ice rink near you!
    Posts
    1,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Totally. Watch out for Jason Brown's Future Prospects 3.0, where we actually speculate his prospects by taking a Delorian going back to his Novice performances back in 2009 because according to some posters here, he is trapped as a novice skater due to the dysfunction (read: lack of a quad) of his jumps.

    Won't lie, I totally trying to incorporate the plot of Back to the Future III with this future thread.
    True, but at least with the way he and Kori are training, there is a strong possibility he will still have working hips in his 30s!

  10. #625
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,693
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    True, but at least with the way he and Kori are training, there is a strong possibility he will still have working hips in his 30s!
    He has been highly blessed to not have any major injuries. That is where flexibility comes in EXTREMLY handy. That said, he's making all of the ladies of America look bad. (And by that, I mean this lady in HER 30s.)

    I attempted to do that high kick thingy he does in his Prince SP. Yeah......not so much.

  11. #626
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,693
    Um, would it be too much to ask Jason to dress like a squirrel and skate to this song? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPlQpGeTbIE

    HAHA.

    This was my anthem in my early 20s.

    Actually, I think Jason would be a charming dancing squirrel.

    (Actually consider this my gift to you when the Ladieszzzz get to ANGGESSSTTTTTYYYYYYY...ANIMATION PEOPLE. SQUIRRELS HOTDOGS YESSSSSS!!!!)

  12. #627
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    97
    Jason had a phone interview with his local news station in Chicago this morning. He sounded cute as always.

    He seems to be having the best time at the Olympics, posting pictures of going to events, USA house, his valentine, just taking the whole experience in. It seems like a strong contrast to many of the other athletes who are posting picts of being back in the states. I'm guessing he will go to the closing ceremony on Sunday before coming back to the states.

    Have any of the US skates gone home yet? I haven't seen many pictures of the pairs but they don't post much any way.

  13. #628
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,693
    Quote Originally Posted by mintx View Post
    Jason had a phone interview with his local news station in Chicago this morning. He sounded cute as always.

    He seems to be having the best time at the Olympics, posting pictures of going to events, USA house, his valentine, just taking the whole experience in. It seems like a strong contrast to many of the other athletes who are posting picts of being back in the states. I'm guessing he will go to the closing ceremony on Sunday before coming back to the states.

    Have any of the US skates gone home yet? I haven't seen many pictures of the pairs but they don't post much any way.
    Got a link to said call? Would love to hear it!

    Yes, he is having SOOO MUUUUCCCCCCHH FFFFUUUNNN! I love it! I'm glad he's enjoying it. I'm sure 2018 will be a bit more intense, so it's good he's taking it on in all now!

    I believe Felicia and Nate are back in Florida.

  14. #629
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    97
    Here is the link.

    http://morningnews.wgntv.com/2014/02...his-valentine/

    We all have our catch phrases. Has anyone else noticed that he says "fer sure" when he agrees with an interviewer. Its just funny he says it in most interviews.

  15. #630
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,693
    Quote Originally Posted by mintx View Post
    Here is the link.

    http://morningnews.wgntv.com/2014/02...his-valentine/

    We all have our catch phrases. Has anyone else noticed that he says "fer sure" when he agrees with an interviewer. Its just funny he says it in most interviews.
    He does say that a lot! It's similar to girls saying "like" a lot. You fall into certain conversational habits. Thank you for the link.

Page 42 of 141 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 92 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •