Jason Brown | Page 44 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/03/24/70033486

"Brown wore a brand new Hugo Boss suit his mother helped him pick out just before the event. "I hadn't had a new suit since my bar mitzvah," he admitted."

I knew it :'D

Not sure what is astonishing me more:

That he hasn't had a new suit in six years...

...or that the suit he wore to his Bar Mitzvah still fit him when he wore it to the JGPF final banquet...

TMC

Record Breaker
Not sure what is astonishing me more:

That he hasn't had a new suit in six years...

...or that the suit he wore to his Bar Mitzvah still fit him when he wore it to the JGPF final banquet...

I know right? I mean, he wore a suit to the Oly team function after Nationals! I guess it was a borrowed suit :D

TMC

Record Breaker
Jason would be 6th right now in Japan with his Oly SP score...

Sorry not sorry can't help myself :biggrin:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Jason would be 6th right now in Japan with his Oly SP score...

Sorry not sorry can't help myself :biggrin:

No worries, I was thinking that too. But Jason can now walk away with the the the top three sp scores internationally among the us us men and a streak of clean short programs!

It's hard to say how Jason would have done here though.

TMC

Record Breaker
No worries, I was thinking that too. But Jason can now walk away with the the the top three sp scores internationally among the us us men and a streak of clean short programs!

It's hard to say how Jason would have done here though.

True. But one can always fantasize ;)

ETA: He seems to feed off the crowd adoration, so PBs might have been entirely possible! I like to think, anyway ;)

Last edited:

mintx

On the Ice
As I said earlier, not going to worlds is a mixed blessing. The Olympics are so HUGE in skating its nice that he has had a break (both physical and mental) before he needs to be intense again. I understand he could and would have done it but I'm a bit relieved for him that he didn't have to gear up again so soon.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
As I said earlier, not going to worlds is a mixed blessing. The Olympics are so HUGE in skating its nice that he has had a break (both physical and mental) before he needs to be intense again. I understand he could and would have done it but I'm a bit relieved for him that he didn't have to gear up again so soon.

Yes, as much as I would have love to see his programs one last time, I'm glad he's had a chance to come down from the Olympic experience and enjoy the benefits of being an Olympian (and a medalist!).

Can't wait to see what he does next....anyone thinking of going to Skate America? I have a feeling Jason will be there!

TMC

Record Breaker
Yes, as much as I would have love to see his programs one last time, I'm glad he's had a chance to come down from the Olympic experience and enjoy the benefits of being an Olympian (and a medalist!).

Can't wait to see what he does next....anyone thinking of going to Skate America? I have a feeling Jason will be there!

I have that feeling too, especially since it's in Chicago. If I win the lottery in the mean time, I'll be there too :biggrin:

I <3 hindsight: if Jason had gone he would have ended 6th and 6th (statistically, based on his PBs), meaning 14 points with Max and only 2 spots for US men.

Although in my fantasy he'd have broken all his FS records there, partly thanks to the audience ;)

I always seem to forget that his PB from TEB came with a popped Axel...so it's entirely possible he could have got a total closer to 170 here. Especially since he has many fans in Japan...

Mrs P, I remember you saying (was it after nationals?) that Jason won't get 90+ internationally (which I agreed and agree with right now) and you predicted 75-80s IIRC? I was super surprised and obviously also pleased when he got 84+ @ Sochi for the sloppier free! :eek:

Brb, gotta dig around to see how much his PCS have gone up in 1/2 season/s.....

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I have that feeling too, especially since it's in Chicago. If I win the lottery in the mean time, I'll be there too :biggrin:

Mrs P, I remember you saying (was it after nationals?) that Jason won't get 90+ internationally (which I agreed and agree with right now) and you predicted 75-80s IIRC? I was super surprised and obviously also pleased when he got 84+ @ Sochi for the sloppier free! :eek:

Brb, gotta dig around to see how much his PCS have gone up in 1/2 season/s.....

Skate America actually isn't that bad price wise. The most expensive all-event tickets was $365 but you can get it for much less. Of course it's much more expensive if you have to fly and such...

Anyway since you asked..here's something I posted on the men's SP thread:

Another thing to consider is that PCS tends to rise as the season goes on. Jason Brown had clean short programs all seasons long with no errors: Here is his PCS: 36.03 (Nebelhorn in September), 38.93, 38.79, 40.61 (Olympics in February). So within five months, his PCS went up by 4 points. Machida's PCS from Skate America in October(with a clean program) to Worlds in March (five months) also went up 4 points.

His FS PCS were: 75.22 (Nebelhorn), 79.56 (Skate America), 80.12 (Trophee Eric Bompard) and 84.28 (Olympics).

I was actually surprised by how high he scored in PCS at the Olympics. I expected 80-82. But I guess as long as he keeps skating well, he'll stay in that mid-80s range for the time being.

BusyMom

Medalist
Maybe! I wouldn't be surprised if JSF extended an invite to him. Are you thinking of going to NHK? That would be so cool!
I'll wait for the line-up to make any decision. But the airline promotion right now is very tempting. NHK has been my daughter's dream for years. She might get her biggest present.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'll wait for the line-up to make any decision. But the airline promotion right now is very tempting. NHK has been my daughter's dream for years. She might get her biggest present.

That would be amazing. I'd love to go to NHK someday! I've never been to Japan.

Will tickets be tough to get? I know a lot of Japanese fans go to Skate America because NHK tickets are hard to come by...

TMC

Record Breaker
His FS PCS were: 75.22 (Nebelhorn), 79.56 (Skate America), 80.12 (Trophee Eric Bompard) and 84.28 (Olympics).

I was actually surprised by how high he scored in PCS at the Olympics. I expected 80-82. But I guess as long as he keeps skating well, he'll stay in that mid-80s range for the time being.

Thanks for those! Up nearly 10 points in 1 season - WOW. But then didn't his FS total go up by something like 25 points at JWC 2013? The kid's on a roll :eek:

BusyMom

Medalist
That would be amazing. I'd love to go to NHK someday! I've never been to Japan.

Will tickets be tough to get? I know a lot of Japanese fans go to Skate America because NHK tickets are hard to come by...
I'm sure it will be. But one of senior Japanese skater at my rink has a very good connection. Hope he can get us some, if we plan ahead and give him enough time. I'll also keep my eye open on their website too.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
http://instagram.com/p/mLcA7zzXKW/

jasonbskates
4 hours ago
In honor of all the incredible moments at Worlds...Congrats everyone! Can't wait to hear all about it from my teammates! #Japan #2014Worlds

Sweet msg from Jason! I hope he'll get to create his own Worlds moment next season!

merinheart

Rinkside
From Jason's publicist (?) -

Lynn Plage @lplage
watch @jasonbskates on the @TODAYshow april 2 8:30 am 1/2hr. Catch him live #starsonice tour see him @FSinHarlem gala Apr. 7

No word on whether he'll be appearing solo or with his other Olympic teammates but I'm guessing he'll be promoting Stars on Ice and/or the Harlem event? Or maybe he'll have a surprise announcement...like his very own headlining show! (I wish) Anyway, I'm glad that he's still getting some media opportunities after the Olympics. As mentioned in other threads, the USFSA would be smart to capitalize on his likeability & charm to promote US mens figure skating. I'm still confused as to why Jason wasn't booked for the entire SOI tour...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hi, alabhaois! Welcome to Golden Skate. Post often and post long!

Anyway, I'm thrilled to hear that Jason's performance moved you. Glad to have you among the fan ranks. :)

Anyway, feel free to ask your questions here or elsewhere. :)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
semi-newbie, and I think this deserves its own thread, but..

Jason and Rohene are skating in the same show together in Chicago! American Ice Theatre. Hope the link to a Facebook page works:

<<https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=696759660369865&set=a.137271976318639.22619.135977363114767&type=1&theater>>

I would sell my firstborn and move to Chicago for this. Almost. :)