Page 46 of 116 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 96 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Brown

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by merinheart View Post
    .. I'm still in denial over him being the first alternate for Worlds, please don't tell me all his training will go for nought...
    Quote Originally Posted by mintx View Post
    ... I don't think the extra training for world would be a waste. Training is training and its good for his reputation with USFS to know that he is ready if called upon. I'd love Jason to go to words too but hopefully Jeremy and Max can earn three spots for next year. Jason should be in a great spot to go then.
    I would add that Jason is not the first person and will not be the last person to serve as an alternate to Junior Worlds or Worlds ... who ends her or his season by training for an event at which s/he does not get to actually compete. Jason had a great experience on and off the ice in Sochi, and earned a bronze medal along with his teammates. I would prefer to just be happy for him.

Nagasu is the first Ladies alternate for Worlds, as she was for Sochi. So if you want to talk about months of training that have gone and prob. will go for "naught" ...

On the Ice
    Whoa, no need for the lecture! I'm thrilled for Jason regardless, but selfishly as a fan of course I want MORE! When I said waste of training I meant for those of us who won't get to see his programs one last time. Hopefully he'll be able to go to Japan soon because it seems like he's gained quite the following there! Maybe NHK next season? I'm assuming he'll be assigned Skate America as his other GP event.

And yes, his descriptions of his perfect day(s) sounds exhausting! His perfect day is more like my perfect week, haha.

skating philosopher
    Whoa, no need for the lecture! I'm thrilled for Jason regardless, but selfishly as a fan of course I want MORE! When I said waste of training I meant for those of us who won't get to see his programs one last time. Hopefully he'll be able to go to Japan soon because it seems like he's gained quite the following there! Maybe NHK next season? I'm assuming he'll be assigned Skate America as his other GP event.

And yes, his descriptions of his perfect day(s) sounds exhausting! His perfect day is more like my perfect week, haha.
    I totally feel you. I want one more Riverdance too! And a perfect one. Even the one at Nationals wasn't completely perfect ....

We'll see.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I totally feel you. I want one more Riverdance too! And a perfect one. Even the one at Nationals wasn't completely perfect ....

We'll see.
    Those darn axels....is it true that he still hasn't done two clean triple axels in his long program? It looked like he might have in the team event but were they downgraded? His scores did seem kind of low...

Custom Title
    Those darn axels....is it true that he still hasn't done two clean triple axels in his long program? It looked like he might have in the team event but were they downgraded? His scores did seem kind of low...
    He did two in his Liebestraume FS at Junior Worlds last season that were both clean (which in part contributed to why he only ended up four points behind Josh). I think he got UR on both of them in the Team Event.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    He did two in his Liebestraume FS at Junior Worlds last season that were both clean (which in part contributed to why he only ended up four points behind Josh). I think he got UR on both of them in the Team Event.
    His PB TES is from that JW FS.

He got one of the two ratified in both the team and individual event. His 3t in the combo was UR in the individual event.

He tends to peak at his last event, which is why it's a shame he's not going to Worlds.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by mintx View Post
    I think the training in Monument is a blessing in disguise. They have said they get more ice time in Monument with a smaller rink feel. Jason and the other top skaters still skate National level sessions at World Arena and he does the harness training at World as well. They also have access to the USOTC gym and facilities. It sounds like the best of both worlds to me.
    dr.frog over at FSU had this interesting tidbit:

Sessions at the World Arena are always very, very crowded, to the point where it seems unsafe for the skaters. When Kori Ade wanted to relocate to Colorado, some of the World Arena coaches didn't want to allow her to work there because they felt there was not enough ice time to support another coach, which is very probably true. [Sources] tells me that the situation has become even more polarized as a result of Jason's success.... Kori's getting quite a few more students, and there's room for expansion at that rink, too -- much of the new development in Colorado Springs is happening on the far north side of town so they could build up learn-to-skate and recreational programs there to serve that population. But some of the World Arena coaches are peeved because they see this new rival skating center across town as a threat to their own livelihoods. Anyway, Jason can get all the ice he needs in Monument, he won't have to dodge 3,489 other skaters whenever he wants to set up a jump, and he's not having to deal with the petty ways coaches can make life miserable for their rivals and their rivals' students who share the same rink.

BTW, there is basically no ice time at the World Arena this week because synchro nationals are being held there.

On the Ice
    Wow that is interesting, thanks for bringing that over, Mrs. P. So much drama in figure skating~ *meow* It was my understanding that a huge part of why Kori wanted Jason to train at the World Arena was so he could be in a more competitive environment alongside other top skaters/coaches. But I trust in her & Jason to figure out which will be the best environment for him.

Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Ah yes, how can I forget his gorgeous Liebestraume?!

Medalist
    So the info I read makes even more sense. LOL that World is so very crowded that it can't take any more skaters but the coaches (who have no more room) are still mad that people have the choice to go elsewhere. That's ridiculous. Keeping this positive. I'm glad that they found the Monument rink and I'm sure the owners are over the moon excited at Jason's and Kori's success. Thanks for all of your informative posts Mrs P.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    One of my favorite Sochi photos was Kori Ade with what I think was a USOC medal for coaching that she received because of Jason.

And Jason has nominated Kori for an Inspiration Award. The winner will be determined by online voting, ending Mar 16, and will receive a commemorative ring from the company that makes the rings for U.S. Olympians and Paralympians.

A lovely letter that Jason wrote to Kori on the occasion of her fortieth birthday is at the first link above (scroll down).
    (Sorry if this "news" is old ... I myself just stumbled upon the site for the first time. Still wiping away the tears. Incredible tribute to Kori.)

Mini-excerpt:
    "Not only are you my coach, but you have become my second mom, my best friend, my teacher, psychologist, my biggest inspiration, and role model. I look up to you more than you will ever know, and I am beyond proud to call you my coach. I am so fortunate to have one of the best influences a child could have growing up."

Medalist
    AWWWWWWWW! I haven't seen this before. It made me cry! That letter is thoughtful, prophetic and incredible well written. We all need to go vote for Kori. It's so sweet to realize what happened after that letter was written. I hope four years from now we are talking about how he went from 9th in 2014 to 1st and GOLD in 2018.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    http://www.starsonice.com/news.html?n_id=432

Jason will be part of the Stars on Ice tour!

Custom Title
    Oh, how exciting for Jason - his first big show tour!

Yay! I was hoping he's be part of the SOI tour!

Custom Title
    Just wondering if anyone knows of any links to Jason's programs from past years, or even just their names, that are worth a look? Thank you

Page 46 of 116 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 96 ... LastLast